Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

pray for Marie...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

My God....I can't believe this... Such an amazing girl... I'm praying for you, Marie.

We hope you have a speedy recovery and our thoughts are with you both.

Such terrible news! Please add my wishes for a quick recovery. Hugs to Marie and JonPaul.

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2010-04-27 11:14 ]

H

Marie and JonPaul - I'm sending lots of love and positive vibes to you both in this extremely difficult time. I love you both and will be there for you guys at the drop of a dime. Please let us know when we can come visit Marie and if there is ANYTHING that either one of you need. You were missed at Don's last night Marie and it wasn't the same without your smiling face behind that bar!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Marie. Been getting frequent updates from Joe Banks. We all love you very much.

Okay, which of you clever carvers is going to make some Tiki crutches for Marie while she heals up?! She needs to be styling for Tiki Oasis!!

T

We were shocked at the news!

Glad to hear Marie is getting some medication now... Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Marie and Jonpaul, you two are in our thoughts, please don't hesitate to ask for help with anything... I know the TC ohana will step up for anything you need!

So shocked and sorry to hear this news Marie! My thoughts are with you and Jonpaul. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

I wish you a quick recovery, Marie. Sorry to hear you have to endure so much pain.

I'm sending you some healing vibes!

Was shocked to hear about this at Don's last night. My thoughts and prayers are with you Marie, love you. JP, hang in there buddy, let me know if you need anything at all.

I was just driving home from rehearsel(2:45 Sun afternoon) and saw Jonpaul on the side of the 10 going through some wreckage on the side of the road. I was going to call him when I got home to ask what the hell he was doing. I saw this thread and my heart sank.

Much love and good thoughts being sent out through the either to you and Marie my brother!

B

Although I do not know Marie and JonPaul, I'm always saddened to hear when other Tiki folk have been hurt or are sick. I am sending good thoughts your way and hope you make a swift recovery. It sounds like there is quite a network of friends and family to help you through your recovery and hopefully bring you REAL food in the hospital :).

N

JP and Marie,

My heart goes out to both of you. I was shocked by the news but thankful that Marie is still with us. May God be with you both. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Here's to Marie having a speedy recovery.

Nick

FYI.... I just got off the phone with the hospital where Marie is at. She is still in ICU and can not receive flowers, cards ,ect. yet. I will keep everyone posted with details and give you all the information when she is able to receive anything. They did mention that her Mother is with her right now.

Such terrible news! Know that Marie is in my thoughts for a full recovery.

I just met Marie & JP for the first time at the Nor Cal Trader Vic's Tikiyaki event. What a wonderful couple and Marie is a kick...sad news indeed. I worked ICU for 16 years and really gotta say the doctors and nurses who work in that department are miracle workers. All my love and vibes for a healthy recovery. It will be a long haul, but we will all be there with you. Good vibes coming your way.

J

Dearest Friends,
First and foremost, thank you all, each
and every one of you, for the beautiful
outpouring of love, positive energy, kind
words and well-wishes. It has absolutely
meant the world to us during this
incredibly difficult time. Marie's not
coherent enough to fully process the
thread, but I know when she is, it will
mean everything to her.
Without getting too much into the details,
She went through an arduous four hour
surgery today to re-set dislocations and
mend broken bones. The positive energy
must've worked, because everything went
as well as could be. A few plates, screws
and an epidural later, she is on her way to
recovery. She's still in intensive care,
barely consious, and in tremendous pain,
but the worst is over.
In a day or so she'll be moving to another
location, where hopefully she'll be able to
receive visitors and cards, etc. I'll post
further details when they become available.
Again, from the bottom of my heart,
thank you so deeply for your love and
support.
All my Love,
Jonpaul

XXXOOO in the most sincere way. Love you both.

JP...

Left u a message on your cell phone.

Scott+

Prayers ascending....

TS

Praise be! Glad to hear that things are better considering the situation. Godbless, and here is to a safe and speedy recovery!

That's great to hear this update; no matter how bad a situation, every positive thing that happens is still something positive-every drop in the bucket counts. Marie has been in my thoughts all day, so I'm really glad to hear that things are getting better.

Marie,

Hang in. We have more nuts to rub!!!

Uggghhh

and

Arrrrrrrrr.

Marie, I'm praying for you and hopefully the pain will be over quickly. Please hang in there we are all routing for you.

HT

Our thoughts are with you both. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Roger & Margi Brittan

Thanks for the update, Jonpaul.

I continue to hold Marie and you in my prayers. Glad the operations were successful.

Thanks for taking the time to update us Jonpaul, glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. We're thinking about you guys all the time.
Ran

Marie, and JonPaul,
So sorry to hear about this horrible accident,

JP,
thanks for the update,
and here is wishing for all the best and a speedy recovery.

I know I told you this on the phone last night,
but a reminder.
if you need anything,
Please don't even hesitate to ask.

Jeff(btd)

Marie, I just felt devistated when Scott told me the news... I know you've had the surgeries and are now recovering... You're at one of the premire trauma facilities in the state and I know everything went well... Once they transfer you to a Kaiser facility (if they do) I hope it's mine so I can come hang with you every day... I'm sending you all of my positive energy so you will heal quickly!!! JonPaul, I know this has to be one of the most difficult time of your life... If you need anything - and I mean anything - don't hesitate to ask Scott or I... we will be there for you 100%... Much Love Always, Laura

T

Jonpaul, thanks for the update! Hang in there!

So glad the surgeries went well! Hopefully the worst is behind you now and Marie can begin recovery!

Please let us know when we can shower Marie with cards and other tokens of our love and the positive energy we're sending your way!

Again - don't hesitate to ask for any assistance you may need!

Hey all,
I posted about this in Ca. Events.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=31825&forum=17&start=0

Hope that any of you that are in the area, and able to swing by Dons on monday evening, can.
I would like to have a bunch of people sign a Big Get well Card for Marie.

please pass the word in e-mails, texts, and facebook,

thanks
Jeff(btd)

Glad to hear the good news,know that you have friends here,Take care & speedy recovery Marie!

Thanks for the update Jonpaul. We all really appreciate the time it took for you to check in and write.
Sending best wishes/prayers/good vibes from your pals up here in Portland (Steve & Haley, Scot & Juliee, too).

S

JP -

All of my love to you and Marie. I am at a loss of what to say except that I adore you both and am praying and hoping for her speedy recovery. Stay strong!

Suzanne

many positive thoughts in your direction that the healing continues.
I hope her pain lessens and recovery comes quick.

Marie,

Audrey and I wish you the speediest recovery. We know Sophia (our little redheaded baby you know so well)will miss seeing you come by and say Hi. Hang in there and we can't wait to see you again.

The Johns Family

So sad to hear of all this news late, but Marie and JonPaul you are in my thoughts and prayers.

A blessing that the healing can now begin, and as tough as the road to recovery may be, we will all be here to give you both the strength you need.

So sorry to hear the news. Thinking of you both and sending heartfelt wishes for Marie from across the miles in Amesbury, Massachusetts

W

My thoughts are with you both! Best wishes to both for a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear the surgeries went well. Thinking of you both and wishing you the best.

I'm pretty much offline every weekend, so I'm just learning of this now. The silver lining is that Marie is still with us and she sounds like she'll recover.

My daughter's childhood friend was not as fortunate. Two weeks ago he lost control of his motorcycle, went flying off the road, hit a bunch of stuff along the way, broke every bone in his body and left this world moments later at the ripe old age of 22. At least, he would not have felt anything. It was over in a flash.

Marie, on the other hand, is still around, starting to recover (it seems) and will have to put up with us for years to come. Please, pass along my good wishes and regards.

A

So sorry to hear about the accident. We've only been to Don's once, but Marie made us feel like regulars - she was so nice and so full of energy. I hope Marie has a speedy recovery.

T

Our thoughts and prayers are with JP and Marie and we wish Marie a speedy recovery.

John and Shanna Sissel

[ Edited by: Tikitatt 2010-04-26 08:50 ]

Marie,
here's wishing you a speedy recovery
and sending prayers and love to you and JonPaul.

TK

Here's to a speedy recovery, good thoughts to you both.
Tiki King

I think we met Marie on April 9th at lunch in the early afternoon at DTBC. Marie was very kind and gracious while we visited and we left feeling very welcomed. On the same day, prior to our visit to DTBC, I received a call from work that one of my co-workers and friend, Mike Mayorga has been in a serious motorcycle accident and had been thrown 25 feet off his bike on Interstate 80 at Riverside and was taken to Sutter Roseville where he still remains in ICU with extremely serious physical problems.

I pray for them both and send positive thoughts for a quick and speedy recovery. Life is way too short to have complications like this happen. I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy and God's speed.

PTD

M

So saddened to get this news. Be strong & our thoughts are with you both.

All of our prayers here at Tiki Farm to Marie. This is very sad and we wish Marie a speedy recovery and our best to Jonpaul.

C

I've been away all weekend so I just got the news. I'm really glad to hear that Marie's surgeries went well, and I'm sending all best positive vibes toward a speedy recovery. Jonpaul, I will look forward to hearing on when she can receive cards and flowers, and my best thoughts to you as well.

My wife's uncle passed away this weekend and there is a family dinner/memorial tonight, but BTD I'm going to try to get down to Don's when it's over to sign the get well card.

Brent

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies