Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone have coconuts they want to part with??

Pages: 1 7 replies

Im in michigan and in my ongoing decoration of my back yard tiki bar I was looking for real coconuts. Well here in michigan that can be pretty tough but I thought if anyone out there may be able to help a tiki brother out, that would be awesome. Im sure they can be shipped in a box of your liking and if i could get up to a dozen that would be cool. Let me know if you have anyand are willing to make the attempt to ship, I could pay you via pay pal if you have it or other means if needed. Thanks all, appreciate you reading this post. God bless.

On 2010-05-03 07:23, TikiMeplus3 wrote:
Im sure they can be shipped in a box of your liking and if i could get up to a dozen that would be cool. Let me know if you have anyand are willing to make the attempt to ship,

Could they be shipped by an African Swallow?

Be careful, coconuts have feelings too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVypE4p1KE&feature=related

My coconuts where carried off by Swallows...African Swallows of course not European Swallows....It's a simple question of weight ratios!

Are you sure you are not going to really be using them for this>>>>>>>

http://www.coconutgreetings.com/unpainted.html

Oh come come, this poor fellow in Michigan who has never seen the sea, much less a living coconut tree, scarce to say he barely sees the sun, and all he wants is some "spare" coconuts and we would mock him? With our plethora of coconuts here in California, we who wallow in such tropical luxuries could not spare a few (much less a dozen) to brighten up this chaps meager life?
Well here, I have a perfect solution, we can pick some coconuts here in California, (or for that matter, just pick up some that the monkeys throw down) and he can run out back of his place and pick up some Fords (Michigan right? don't Fords and Chevy's grow on trees there? or something...it's all over the place right?) And we can swap! Sure! I'll swap a dozen coconuts for a new Ford!

W

TikiMeplus3

If you really want coconuts you'd probably better off finding a source and buying them. Clever searches on Google might yield results.

I was in Califusa a few years back and purchased a couple large (husk on) coconuts at Oceaninc Arts because the price was pretty low. I know nothing about their shipping. There's always the option of making an arrangement with a local who can pick up and ship for you.

But plan to pay a good chunk of change for all that. That's apparently the curse of all inlanders who want tropical supplies.

If you can't find a tropical supply assistant but you're crafty (or know someone who is) it wouldn't be difficult to create some believable looking coconuts from sheets of foam insulation. Cut in squares, stick the squares together to make a block (I can't help with adhesive suggestions) and carve the blocks into natural coconut shapes (a simple slightly irregular ball/bloated football shape which an 8 year old would be able to accomplish), sand, prime, paint. You should be able to make a lovely bunch of coconuts for a bit under a hundred bucks.

H

Find out if there are any Asian Markets around where you live and see if they carry them or if they can get some for you.

Pages: 1 7 replies