Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Shrunken Head Tiki Room (by Basement Kahuna)

Pages: 1 14 replies

Ok so The Old Witch Doctor has been busy at work, and has a specail treat for you guys and Gals
Here is the before picture of my Sun room, which Dave AKA Basement K has Designed and Built from floor up in to my Very own special Tiki Bar We have named it "The Shrunken Head".. and i will have custom Mugs made up for the bar as well you can only get when you visit (a Basement K design as well)
Our first official Luau will be in June.. so stay tuned for more pictures and info on the party

WD

Ok...enough teasing. Where's the tiki decor? LOL

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, May 4, 2010 3:59 AM

Let's see. So far its the most un-tikiest place on Earth in these photos

Nice use of the broom.

ok here are some pictures still got a way to go.. but we got the basics..

S
Swanky posted on Tue, May 4, 2010 8:44 AM

Way dig that panel on th eleft int he last pic. I need to steal that design!

Worked within Johnny's budget and got nice results despite the masonry walls. As always I stress that a finished ceiling is the single most important element in any tiki environment. Without it the illusion just doesn't work. So we put a lot of the weekend's work into it. Witchy's homework will be painting any white surfaces matte brown prior to having shelving installed all around the window base. Aloha!

Nice ceiling panels!! I wish I had started with the ceiling on my patio, but instead I tackled the block cement wall on the bottom. Great work all around, and I know what you mean about "within the tiki budget." Keep up the great work.

FLOUNDER!

Looking good, BK!

You got a master working on your tiki bar!

MR

Off and running! Looks great. I know with BK doing a lot of the work I'm going to get all pissed off and jealous when that thing gets done.

green bamboo? is it wet still? or safari?

Looking good. Don't smoke near that bar! :wink:

Oh, no no no...I didn't build that bar!! That's one that he found at a flea market but we're gonna get him a better skin on it. It's way too high..gotta take out those casters.. and the party city palapa treatment has absolutely to go. But we'll get it up to standard. Ben it's cured that way. I harvested that Moso myself from a local grower, split it green, bleached it, treated it with Timbore insecticide (borate basically), and tin-shed dried it over a year and a half and that's how it cured. Still have a small supply. Pretty stuff. (Boobam Ben the Jedi Master taught me taught me that crown cut!)

Yea Dave did a bang up Job..100% today and tomorrow i will have the paint and the
decor up.. and more pictures.. thanks again to Dave for all his hard work , it could have not been done without him..

P.S. yes some of the stuff is from the old Hale Tiki

Time for a few new pics......

Did you glue your matting to the ceiling?

Pages: 1 14 replies