Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

International Tiki Day Beach Burn....Keep the Tiki Torch Burning!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

G

We will be there again, maybe with a few friends.
I need to defend my best tiki title. Maybe this year, instead of a Duraflame, I will carve a propane tank.

On 2012-07-11 17:03, geedavee wrote:
We will be there again, maybe with a few friends.
I need to defend my best tiki title. Maybe this year, instead of a Duraflame, I will carve a propane tank.

WooHooo!! We can't wait to see your creation :)

C

Mrs Chippy, the Chipletes, and I will try to make it.

FIRE IT UP!

WooHooo....Burn Tiki! Burn!

There will be Awards given out for The Best & Worst Tiki brought to burn.

WooHoooo....New International Tiki Day Beach Burn Location TBA Soon!!! :)

New Location for The International Tiki Day Beach Burn: Bolsa Chica State Beach

More Details to follow soon!

Directions: Bolsa Chica State Beach-Enter off PCH approx. 2 miles south of Warner Ave (Jack in the Box on corner). Go back up north to lifeguard tower 22 (between Bolsa Cafe/Rentals and Restrooms.) We'll post here again the morning of the event for exact firepit location.

Parking: $15 per vechicle

Open from 6:00am to 10:00pm

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-07-27 10:22 ]

So it will be International Tiki Day at Tin Can Beach!

(And how many of you out there are old enough to know what Tin Can Beach was without looking it up)

I was just a baby at the time, But I am pretty sure this was also called Hobo Beach
at one time.

HT

It was called Tin Can Beach, I remembered driving by it many times when a student at LBSC home of the 49er's

Cool story, classic early Californiana. Sounds like a whole Eli Hedley village...well not quite on his level, but still an example how easy outdoor beach living was.

It's also "String Ray Beach". Be sure to shuffle your feet like mad while walking in the water. When they re-opened the Wet Lands to the ocean it became a breeding ground for them. Very painful!!! Ask Lake Surfer, he got nailed by one on a recent trip. Unfortunately the Boo's won't be able to come this year due to a body surfing contest down south. Y'all have fun without us now!!!

Only 9 More Days......WooHooooo! :)

WOW!!! We are getting noticed! Check this out: http://www.webpublished.com/gallery/view.asp?seq=193316&path=120731162638 Go to pages 20,21 & 22. Don the Beachcomber, International TIKI Market Place, the ITD Beach Burn AND Surf Guitar 101!!!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-08-02 08:39 ]

This Saturday is right around the corner!!! Here's were the Burn will be: Bolsa Chica State Beach
Approximately 1.5 miles south of Warner on PCH. From the 405 fwy take the Seal Beach exit go to PCH and make a left then head south past Don the Beachcomber and keep going until you pass Warner (Jack in the Box on corner) and continue to Beach entrance.

Parking is $15. Open 6am to 10pm.

We should be right behind tower 22

Just south of our fire pit is a cafe and rentals(and just north are the restrooms!)

I didn't know about the free light show, but I know that Don the Beachcomber is just down the street!!! Their Late Night Happy Hour may be a good way to wash the sand out!!!

Don't Forget to Bring a Side Dish to Share.....We are bringing Hot Dogs, Buns, and Supplies for S'Mores :)

Off to the beach.....See You Soon!!!

Don't forget there will be a Prize for The Best & Worst Tiki brought to The Burn :)

We are at Lifeguard Tower 22.

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone Who Came to The Beach Burn Yesterday to Help Celebrate International Tiki Day!! See You Next Year :)

And a Giant Mahalo to Aframe for making us Gourmet Breakfast Burritos on the Beach and to HB Tiki for making the awards for Best & Worst Tiki. Pics coming soon!!!

WooHoo & Congratulations to Geedavee for Winning The Best Tiki and to Cindiluhui for Worst Tiki!!
Now for the moment you have been waiting for...The Burn.
last 24 hours:
How do I include these images in my posts?

T

Thanks Chris & Karen,

We had a great time at our first Beach Burn.

Mike & Karen.

Those pictures of the burning tikis looks more like the "Burning Man festival."

Assemblyman Travis Allen (CA-72) to Host a Bonfire Rally In Support of keeping Beach Fire Rings on Southern California Beaches.
Sunday, Apr 28 3:00p to 6:00p.

Orange County Register: Beach Fire Rings Rally

The firepits at Bolsa Chica & Huntington City Beach will remain.

Daily Breeze: AQMD softens beach bonfire regulations

but cannot be used on "No Burn" days.

In 2008, Tiki-Bong passed The International Tiki Day Beach Burn Tiki Torch to SoccerTiki and I. For the past 5 years we've kept the torch burning thanks to all of you who came and made this event happen. It is now time to pass the torch on....... If you are interested in being the next carrier of the torch contact us for details. Mahalo! Woohoowahine & SoccerTiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies