Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

International Tiki Day Beach Burn....Keep the Tiki Torch Burning!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

Big Tiki Dude's annual SGC 101 is the same day as the burn....The burn has always been on the 2nd Saturday in August (to coincide with International Tiki Day.) We want to support Jeff (and have when there was no schedule conflict) so go check out some cool surf bands and stop by the beach either early or later....Early in the day (like 8-11am) things get pretty crazy and then again around 6ish on with the ceremonial burning of the tiki(s).
The grills are going all day and we will be having a great time. So stop on by when you can.

WooooHooooooOOOoooooooo! to BTD/SGC101 & The Burn!!!!! :P

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-06-27 16:35 ]

Thanks Chris.
appreciate that.

Jeff(btd)

FIRE IT UP!

Question:
When you pay the entry fee for Huntington Beach State Beach, you get a day pass which allows you to leave and enter as much as you want during that day, right? So you can check out HB in the morning, leave to check out the Surf Guitar convention in the afternoon, then return to HB State Beach for the Burn in the evening without having to pay again?

On 2011-06-28 12:02, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Question:
When you pay the entry fee for Huntington Beach State Beach, you get a day pass which allows you to leave and enter as much as you want during that day, right? So you can check out HB in the morning, leave to check out the Surf Guitar convention in the afternoon, then return to HB State Beach for the Burn in the evening without having to pay again?

WooHooo! Great idea King Bushwich :)

MB

Caution guys and gals. You cannot access the parking lot if it is full. It doesn't matter if you've paid in the morning hours....when the lot is full, it is closed. Be careful cause it will be full on a Saturday night in August.

If you have a truck, the best bet is to throw your bikes in your truck and park in a neighborhood close by and ride from that point.

HULA GIRLS AND DICK DALE THAT NIGHT....CANNOT MISS!!!!! The Boo's will cruise down during the day.

Aloha!

It's almost that time again!!!!

F

That ring you got last year near the li'l blacktop walkway was pretty cool, makes it easy to shlep one's stuff in from the parking lot.

On 2011-08-03 14:15, floratina wrote:
That ring you got last year near the li'l blacktop walkway was pretty cool, makes it easy to shlep one's stuff in from the parking lot.

SoccerTiki and I are planning to get up at The Crack of Dawn to get a Fire Pit reserved. Hopefully it will be where we were lat year. We will post here on TC where we are for everyone. Only 10 More Days...WooHooo!!!

F

That will be cool if you are able to get it! Thanks for all your efforts, youse guys :)

You might want to get there before the crack of dawn to reserve the pit. I've noticed lines starting as early as 4:30 a.m. lately. The inlanders are taking over!!! Weekends have been crazy crowded here this summer!! I've also heard of people taking pits when they are not occupied by people ( gone are the days of leaving chairs. blanket, etc. and coming back later.

p.s. There are 2 pits at the end of that ramp now. If you get there first, you can get both. Like your own private party!

On 2011-08-03 19:05, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s. There are 2 pits at the end of that ramp now. If you get there first, you can get both. Like your own private party!

Good Idea!! We will be there Extra Extra Early :)

On 2011-08-03 19:15, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2011-08-03 19:05, RevBambooBen wrote:

Good Idea!! We will be there Extra Extra Early :)

I'm full of them!!!

One More Week......WoooHoooo!

if yer looking for something to do after the Beach Burn,
there are 3 different Tiki events going on Sat. Night.

The Amazing Slacktone is playing at Don the Beachcomber, 9 pm to midnight,

Hula Girls and Dick Dale are playing at the Couch House in Capistrano,

and CHUM is playing at the Purple Orchid, 9pm to midnight.

so take yer pick,
and keep the party rollin'

Jeff(btd)

WooHooo! Only 6 More Days!! Are you ready for The Burn??

There will be a Full Moon Rising!!!

Bring yours to the ITD Beach Burn this Saturday (8/13) in Huntington Beach, CA. We will be there all day, so come early or come later...The burning begins at dusk!!!

Oh yeah, and it's

G

Looking forward to it.

ITD is close enough (time wise) to start checking weather and....
Huntington Beach, CA 5 day forcast
looks nice. Not too warm during day, not too cold at night.

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooo only 3 more days!!

Don't Forget:

*Bring your beach gear, ez-ups, chairs, firewood, and a dish to share
*Hot dogs, buns, condiments, & S'mores will be provided
*Bring your bikes or rent them there!
*Sunscreen
*Light Jacket or Sweatshirt

We will be giving out a Prize to The Best & Worst Tiki brought to Burn.

Is the "Crazy Fire Marshall Al" back in town yet?!?

Ring leader of ceremonies??

We don't have a sign to burn this year but I'll muster something up..

Burn baby burn!!!

( we'll have to leave early for Dick Dale's Hula Girls. Can we start the fire

earlier?? so much going on for ITD!!!

Yee haw!!!

Dang.

I just got this from Crazy Al's email...

"Crazy is out Being Crazy, for SummerTime stuff ... Crazy... Thanks for your
email, it will be replied to on return, or maybe before...."

If he's not the Fire Marshall this year, then who is ???

p.s. the Boo's will be there in the after noon for ocean fun!!!

Remember for those of you tiki freaks that are coming early that

don't go to the beach a lot ""SHUFFLE YOUR FEET"" in the water as there have been

several Sting Ray stings. See you soon!!!!

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to HB Tiki for creating the prizes for The Best & Worst Tiki Contest. We can't wait to see all of your creations.....Woohoo!

Loadin' up the wagon with some food, shade, drink & WOOD!!!

FYI.... As soon as we get to the beach tomorrow morning we will post here on Tiki Central exactly where we will be for the day. We will be by the fire pits to the south(left)side of the Beach Blvd entrance to Huntington Beach State Park beach. Also you can look for this sign:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-12 21:46 ]

4:30am...Off to the Beach to get a good fire ring!!!

Woohoo.....We just got the 1st Firepit on the beach right infront of the snackbar @ the Beach Blvd entrance. We are right down the black path behind lifeguard tower 15. Easy access in/out with walking, with your bikes and wagons. See you later!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-13 06:07 ]

Yesss! That is great news!

Bring wood if your fixin' to go to the Burn! We could use a bit more combustibles. It's a lovely day in HB with the Tiki peoples.

A special thanks to Swanky and Selector Lopaka for their exotica compilations that we listened to today. They just keep giving and giving...

Pictures anyone?

Ok...This one is out of sequence...But this is what the burn is all about!

4:45am...Where's my coffee?

Anders(Aframe) came by in the morning and mixed up his famous chorizo,egg and cheese burritos! It made the morning worth it!!

Nelson's Tiki Hut came early (and stayed late!)

Floratina setting up her little "sand condo"

Hey, it was still early! (This is for YOU BONG! :wink: )

Mandy doing feathers on the beach

Break time

Mandy cutting Tiki Ray's hair on the beach (does this girl ever stop working???)

Coco Loco, Tigerlily & Ookoo Lady

Tiki Ray inspecting the "pre-burn" fire building and looking over the tikis

Dave and Rebecca of the famous Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge (always supporting the local tiki events!)

HB Tiki gave WooHoo and I a "Thank You" award (Thank YOU HB!) and geedavee holds up his award for the best tiki (he carved a tiki on a Duraflame!!! Who'd a thunk it?!)

Dave was the cermonial fire starter for the event

We're all curious to see the flame take hold begin the burn

The burning of the sign-WooHooWahine made the sign and the tradition to burn it

We've got wood...We've got WOOD!

Sabu's cranium looks a little pinkish!

Mai Tai, HB Tiki & Coco Loco getting some grub

Ookoo Lady, Krustiki, Dave and Rebecca & Floratina listening to the good Doctor Z

Tiki Geeki (Joby) grabbing some chow

Is Mai Tai's plate o' food on fire??? In the background the only sign of the Rangers ALL DAY/NIGHT!!!! WooHoooo!

Tigerlily and Dr. Z (and his famous jello shots!)

Paul (PiPhiRho) and Valerie

Thanks to all who attended! With all the great events taking place this Saturday we still have over 50 people!

WooHoooo..... after spending 16 hours at the beach yesterday all I can say is Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who helped to make ITD Beach Burn so much fun.

Mark it On Your Calendars for next year: Satrurday, August 11, 2012

G

We had a great time at the burn. I managed to grab a few pics.

Here is my entry for the tiki burn.

Mimi and I with my trophy

Oooh pretty flame.

A long shot as we were leaving.

I will attempt to post a video to my Facebook page.
I will let you know once I have had a chance to edit it together.

Hope to see you all again at Oasis.

On 2011-08-14 11:02, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoooo..... after spending 16 hours at the beach yesterday all I can say is Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who helped to make ITD Beach Burn so much fun.

Mark it On Your Calendars for next year: Satrurday, August 11, 2012

And thanks to you and Soccertiki for putting it together

H

On 2011-08-14 13:52, geedavee wrote:

Here is my entry for the tiki burn.

You have to admit, for a Tiki Beach Burn, a Tiki carved out of a Duraflame log is definitely prize worthy. Congrats on your win!

I have a feeling there is going to be more than one Duraflame Tiki at the next Beach Burn.

BTW, I had a great time this year I just wish I could have made it earlier. Who were the two that brought out all of the "ice tea" on a board? A big thank you to you both!

Thanks to Soccer Tiki and WooHoo for getting there before daybreak to stake out the fire ring, and for keeping ITD alive! It's always great to see everyone.

Mark It on YOur Calendars......OC Beach Burn VI - This Years Date Date 8/11/12 ****

On 2010-05-04 16:53, WooHooWahine wrote:
This one's for you Dr. Z.............

MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS!!!

In celebration of International Tiki Day and continuing the tradition of the OC Beach Burn....We say "BURN IT!!!" On the 2nd Saturday in August (8/11/12) we will honor ITD and OCBB in Huntington Beach. Come Early and bring wood! (Bong tells me that he wants to see your wood!) NO PALLETS THOUGH! We will be at the fire pits to the south(left)side of the Beach Blvd entrance to Huntington Beach State Park beach. Come early and stay late! Here are some threads from previous burns......http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9257&forum=17&hilite=beach%20burn or http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15656&forum=17&hilite=beach%20burn

If you're interested post here and keep your eyes open for more details.

*Bring your beach gear, ez-ups, chairs, firewood, and a dish to share

We will get there early to secure a good spot!

Who's in?

Please watch this post for more information as the date approaches

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-02-16 07:18 ]

Guess what?
great date again.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Burn one down... TikiTodd and TikiBoo will be there!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-07-11 12:46 ]

WooHooo! Only One Month Away......

MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS!!!

In celebration of International Tiki Day and continuing the tradition of the OC Beach Burn....We say "BURN IT!!!"

On the 2nd Saturday in August (8/11/12) we will honor ITD and OCBB. Come Early and bring wood! NO PALLETS THOUGH!

Location TBA

If you're interested post here and keep your eyes open for more details.

*Bring your Beach Gear, Ez-Ups, Chairs, Firewood, and a Dish to share

We will get there early to secure a good spot!

Who's in?

Please watch this post for more information as the date approaches

HT

Hb Tiki and wife plus some family members will be there, I have been saving my left over from wood working. Would not miss it. Thanks Chris and karen.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies