Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 283 replies

My donation to the raffle...

Two sets of coasters, Monkey and Tiki.

On 2010-05-24 15:43, Swamp Fire wrote:
One of the items for sale at Mariepalooza.
Limited edition event poster
11" X 14", hand signed and numbered edition of 50.
Only $20
All proceeds go to the Mariepalooza fund.

These are going to sell out fast! Already 10 orders!!! They are only available to "supporters" of the event!!! http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

Dropped off my donation tonight to Chris,

I'm including a fitting and alteration for the winner to make it fit perfectly! Size is marked on the dress tag, so come down Sunday and check it out.

(Wahine not included :wink:)

damn, I was hoping I could bid on the wahine.
oh well.

great stuff Kiki, and Doug.
I all ready got my poster.
woohooooo.

Jeff(btd)

Mahalo! Merci! Muchas Gracias! and Thank You Very Much to Everyone for Your Wonderful Donations for the Mariepalooza Event. Because of you we will make a difference.

Awesome!

TM

On 2010-05-24 22:33, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Dropped off my donation tonight to Chris,

I'm including a fitting and alteration for the winner to make it fit perfectly! Size is marked on the dress tag, so come down Sunday and check it out.

(Wahine not included :wink:)

Looking Good! (the dress is nice, too!)

T

Go Kiki!! Killer (.)

On 2010-05-25 06:40, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo! Merci! Muchas Gracias! and Thank You Very Much to Everyone for Your Wonderful Donations for the Mariepalooza Event. Because of you we will make a difference.

OK, lets see some pics of all the donated items for the event.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday!

I made this edition for the benefit silent auction. It is the "Pretty In Pink" edition of STIV 1 of 1.
There will be no other STIV mugs in this color. It will be mailed off tomorrow!

OK, lets see some pics of all the donated items for the event.

Jeff(btd)

All the donations look stellar! Great job everyone.
Here is my donation again after some more fine tuning before
handing it over to Soccertiki.

Can't wait to see that in person, Jason!

On 2010-05-25 16:25, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Can't wait to see that in person, Jason!

It might make it out of the "vault" for the benefit! :wink:
No, it'll be there with a bunch of fantastic artwork, creations and donations! I'll be posting pictures Thursday of some of the prizes and auction items. You're gonna want to BRING CASH!!!! (And/or checks!)

GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY TO AVOID BEING LEFT OUT!!! http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

On 2010-05-23 09:34, WooHooWahine wrote:
FYI..... Raffle Tickets will be $5 a piece or $20 for 7 Raffle Tickets :)

P.S. Winners Need Not Be Present to win Raffle Prizes

On 2010-05-25 16:20, Iokona Ki'i wrote:
All the donations look stellar! Great job everyone.
Here is my donation again after some more fine tuning before
handing it over to Soccertiki.

she looks shimmery Jason,
great work man.

Jeff(btd)

B

dang Jason, that looks sooooooo good!

ok, here's my auction offering. "Makua Guardian. 3.5 feet tall!

this is my first "palm frond guardian mask". hand carved and painted.

and here is my offering for raffle. "Ruby's Dilemma" Artist Proof, archival inks on 13 X 19 archival stock with embossed authenticity stamp.

hope to see you there!!

[ Edited by: BigToe 2010-05-25 23:15 ]

I don't see any mask, just a pic of you.
:o

seriously though.
Great mask Toe.

Jeff(btd)

The raffle is going to be off the hook!

Here's my donation:

On 2010-05-25 17:56, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2010-05-23 09:34, WooHooWahine wrote:
FYI..... Raffle Tickets will be $5 a piece or $20 for 7 Raffle Tickets :)

P.S. Winners Need Not Be Present to win Raffle Prizes

Even if you can't attend the event...you can still show your support by purchasing a $25 Ticket at http://www.mariepalooza.com

On 2010-05-23 07:50, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2010-05-21 12:35, Tiki Shaker wrote:
Can't wait to see Exotiki, it's been way too long since you guys have played!

If anyone hasn't seen them play, you are in for a real treat!

Agreed. One of the best bands around!

Thanks to the both of ya's! That means a lot. We are very excited to be part of this.

We will be having a very special guest joining us for our set. Sorry... can't let the cat out of the bag...

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2010-05-26 08:02 ]

Well, Chris said to wait on posting our donations
but seeing as the floodgates are opened...
Why not join in the fun,eh?

What a great gathering of heartfelt creations for such a great cause!
We love you Marie!

For Auction...
"Happy Hut"
cel vinyl and acrylic on Bamboo Ben creation

For Raffle...
"Island drums"

Toe-Please DO NOT wear that palm frond to work...

TM

On 2010-05-26 08:12, little lost tiki wrote:
Well, Chris said to wait on posting our donations
but seeing as the floodgates are opened...
Why not join in the fun,eh?

What a great gathering of heartfelt creations for such a great cause!
We love you Marie!

For Auction...
"Happy Hut"

For Raffle...
"Island drums"

Toe-Please DO NOT wear that palm frond to work...

Very excellent work, LLT!

M

Here's my donation
One of my Kraken Rum Beachcomber Lamps
Looking forward to coming together with everyone for an awesome cause and an excellent evening.

I found out the hard way don't try to make one of these right after you "finish off" the Kraken bottle.:D

T

Beautiful hanging lamp there, Murph!

B

A little sumpthin from Benzart, sorry it was so late,
Get better Marie, we Love'ya

Wow...lots of cool stuff! Can't wait!

On 2010-05-26 12:09, Murph wrote:
Looking forward to coming together with everyone for an awesome cause and an excellent evening.

hey Murph,
doors open at 1pm,
bands start at 2pm

Jeff(btd)

TM

On 2010-05-26 20:43, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2010-05-26 12:09, Murph wrote:

hey Murph,
doors open at 1pm,
bands start at 2pm

Jeff(btd)

....and the Smokin' Menehunes start at 7:00.....youv've been warned!!

If you are coming to So. Cal. for the Mariepalooza, and looking for other things to do on Fri. or Sat.
here ya go:

Smokin Menehunes Fri Nite, 7 to 9pm
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24889&forum=17&199

Hula Girls Fri nite 8:30 pm sharp, 1 set
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36555&forum=17&start=last&4

Superwave at Dons Sat. 9 to 12
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36573&forum=17&0

This just in from Gecko:

Now, it is in route from Hawaii as I post this, so keep your fingers crossed there aren't any Gecko/Tiki fans working for the USPS!!!! :P

Auction/Raffle Info:

Raffle tickets will go on sale at 1pm. They are $5 each or 7 for $20. The price was set so more people will have the opportunity to WIN!!! There are over 50 items in the raffle!!! The raffle will be held throughout the event by none other than the craziest rafflerer out there, CRAZY AL!!!!!!! So buy your tickets early and you could be a winner throughout the day!!!

Auction...Not ALL "High Dollar" items will be in the auction! (Some will be in the raffle!!) There will be between 5-10 Silent Auction items and the auction will close @8pm BRING CASH OR CHECKS.

Remember, this is a fund raiser, so since we're all (or at least most of us) are staying close to home this weekend, there should be lots of money NOT spent on airfare and hotels to spend on opportunities to own some very cool swag! (And of course very good drinks and food from Don the Beachcomber!!!)

Did I mention that CRAZY AL will be the "Rafflerer"??? Also, you may see him banging his coconuts with some of his friends in some of the bands......

Get your tickets today! They are going fast!!! http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

Thanks to Chris (Soccer Tiki), and Karen (Woohoo Wahine)
for all of the work they have done in putting this event together.
I know its all for a good cause, but it can wear a person down organizing
an event of this magnitude.
So Mahalo to both of you.

Jeff(btd)

The prizes keep rollin' in!!! I can't even begin to say thanks to all the donors!!!

Puffer fish lamps, pendants, velvets, paintings, wall hangings, music, posters, vintage tiki mugs, collectible new tiki mugs, jewelry, tiki coasters, t-shirts, Fluff items, vintage dresses, gift certificates, carvings, lamps, vintage Hawaiian decanters, and more!!! I mean people are coming out of the woodwork to donate items for the cause!

I WILL list everyone who donated after the event is over...Between the silent auction and the raffle items we could make a separate event alone!!!!

Silent auction will conclude at 8pm and the raffle will go on from 3 pm til 9:30ish. There are a LIMITED AMOUNT* of raffle tickets, so be sure and buy early!

*This way there are better chances of winning!!!

*****ONLINE TICKETS SALES CONCLUDE TOMORROW AT NOON-SO BUY TODAY TO AVOID A LONG WAIT IN LINE!!! http://www.mariepalooza.com/services ********

QUESTION: Can I bring my kids and do they have to pay the full donation?
ANSWER: Kids 16 and under are free BUT must be accompanied by a parent. (Kids are allowed to buy all the raffle tickets their parents can afford!!!)

QUESTION: Can I just pay at the door?
ANSWER: Yes, you can pay at the door, however there might be a long line and it will be faster for those who paid in advance!

CA

i think that the tiki artist might just very well be the most bad ass mudas on the planet!

As mentioned earlier, here's what the Farm's showin' up with...

Sides 1 & 3 shown above

Sides 2 & 4 shown above

This is the actual "first article sample" set - the first pulls from the mold. What's cool is each one comes with a signed "1/1 AP" artists proof tag by the man himself!

See you all this Sunday!

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2010-05-28 15:33 ]

T

Damn. I wish ewe could be there for this one but we have people coming in from out of town. Cindy had promised her granddaughter a year ago that she could visit this weekend and hit Disneyland and the beach in California. Her son is coming too. If we can find time we will detour on over. Its such a great cause but all the plane tickets and reservations were made so long ago. We hope to get there. God bless you Marie.

T

Are raffle tickets available for purchase for those not able to attend in person?

TB

On 2010-05-29 06:27, tikibob wrote:
Are raffle tickets available for purchase for those not able to attend in person?

TB

Yes, if you know someone who is attending the even tthat can spot you the $. Winners need not be present :)

23 days ago we launched this event...Tomorrow it all comes together for one BIG extravaganza! A "Palooza" if you will! In 23 days we've had 8 bands offer their services (more wished they could but had conflicting schedules!), over 50 artists and FOM (Friends of Marie) donate over 80 items, 20+ people ask to volunteer for the event, and we're looking at over 300 people in attendance!

Tickets are still available online through midnight tonight. I suggest you buy them now and avoid longer lines at the door. And definitely if you want to support Marie but cannot attend, buy a ticket online today. You will be logged as a "Supporter".

Go to http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

Hey have a great event!! We're bummed that we can't make make it. We're pleased that we were at least able to support Marie up here by rounding up a lot of the NoCA raffle gifts and attending the event at Forbidden Island. Maholo to Michael for having an event up here. We love Marie!

Have a wonderful day everyone and cheers to a great event! Now buy the raffle and auction tickets people!! This is an amazing opportunity. Marie, you're in our thoughts every day! I know it's probably inch by inch, but get well soon!!

See ya'll at The Island or elsewhere soon!

Coco Loco(Maria) and Mai-Tai(Bill) thanks so much for your work in the Nor. Cal Marie fundraiser. You 2 are great.
Wish you could be here.

I had a question from somebody regarding parking.
They said what happens when the lot fills up?

3 things.

1. get there early to get a good parking spot.
  2. Don's will have Valet parking.
  3. I (think) the Shopping Center down PCH a bit is ok to park there.
    but don't quote me on that, and no I will not pay your parking ticket.

Get there early and See JonPaul play with the Boardwalkers at 2pm sharp.
Then buy a bunch of raffle tix before they are all gone.

See ya manyana.
Jeff(btd)

Nancy & I will not be able to make it on Sunday, we are very bummed & hope you guys have a great benefit & good Time for us.

On 2010-05-24 22:10, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2010-05-24 15:43, Swamp Fire wrote:
One of the items for sale at Mariepalooza.
Limited edition event poster
11" X 14", hand signed and numbered edition of 50.
Only $20
All proceeds go to the Mariepalooza fund.

These are going to sell out fast! Already 10 orders!!! They are only available to "supporters" of the event!!! http://www.mariepalooza.com/services

Aloha! I am a MariePalooza supporter and am not able to attend (very sad!) but would love to buy a poster. How can I add my order?

T

Thanks Karen, I am working on it.

TB

On 2010-05-29 06:35, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2010-05-29 06:27, tikibob wrote:

TB

Yes, if you know someone who is attending the event that can spot you the $. Winners need not be present :)

wish we could join you all but we are away in palm springs for a gig. hope the night is a huge success. great job to soccertiki and everyone for putting it together. get well marie!!!!!!the martini kings

Today's the day...........WoooHoooo! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 283 replies