Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Vince Martini's Hukilau Photo Journal

Pages: 1 31 replies

First and foremost, WHAT A GAS!!! Hukilau was off the hook (as the kids say in Bora Bora...so I'm told).

Tiki Kiliki, you and your crackpot crew did a fantastic job and now I am possessed! For me, Hukilau was PARADISE FOUND!!!

I know I was in a rum fog most of the time, and I know I promised a things to a lot of people. I do remember this, I snapped lot of pics and promised to post them when I returned to my lair in Iki Pohaku. Well, I have watched each and every episode of Judge Judy that I Tivo'd so now it is time for photos!

To my friend who were out of focus...I am so sorry I was not sober enough to focus a little better. Many pics were unfortunately lost due to self inflicted incompetence. Other pics are semi fuzzy...as you will see. Then again, some of them perfectly capture the color and beauty of many of my new Hukilau friends. Pardon the occasional self indulgence to get my pic alongside you beautiful folk!

Many, many mahalos to the warm spirits that were Hukilau 2010!!!

Entering Hukilau

POLY BLEND -- Harry Golen Gallery of Miami

Harry himself!

*Derek

Chillin' with Mighty Manfred of the Woggles...for the moment!

A tiki shopper's delight!

Shag Landing

Getting Rum Fever!

Jeff Beachbum Berry

My traveling companion for later that evening

More pics = more fun with more great people!

THE AMAZING TIKI DOUG!

MORE HUKILAU!!!

Jeff Beachbum Berry - the mixologist of good fashions!

CRAZY AL, I heard SHAG (myself) strongly endorse excessive drinking out of your awesome tiki mug!!!

More pics coming tomorrow!

Another round of pics...

The Sweet Hollywaiians

HUKILAU!!!

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-06-16 07:33 ]

The Neanderthals ROCK!

Pictures from the fashion show and Mai Kai coming soon.

Thanks for sharing Vince!

On 2010-06-16 08:22, zerostreet wrote:
Thanks for sharing Vince!

You are most welcome, Zero. Sorry that my focus wasn't better. I think it was part me, part old camera that is about to totally crap out. Not complaining, I certainly got my dollar's worth out of the Sony digital camera.

Wonderful! Looks like a grand time was had by all! Thanks for all the time spent uploading all those images, Vince.

OK, how many people have been thinking "But doesn't this belong into Tiki Events?" and are not saying anything because they don't wanna be a downer? :)

On 2010-06-16 08:35, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wonderful! Looks like a grand time was had by all! Thanks for all the time spent uploading all those images, Vince.

OK, how many people have been thinking "But doesn't this belong into Tiki Events?" and are not saying anything because they don't wanna be a downer? :)

LOL I stand guilty as charged, BBT! I wasn't sure if I should put the photos in that forum or leave that forum open for announcements for other tiki events. So, I was the first to think that way. I can still recreate this thread in the Events forum, if need be.

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-06-16 08:43 ]

Wow thanks for all the pictures. We totally spaced taking any of the attendees and I am so glad to see them now.

BigBro- I was wondering where to post pics myself. Is the thought that tiki events are for upcoming events and info and general is for the rundown afterwards? I have been checking out both forums looking to see our faces showing up.

L

On 2010-06-16 00:56, Vince Martini wrote:

Vince you wanna hear some craziness??
I am from Tampa, FL and when I lived there I played roller derby for the Tampa Bay Derby Darlins.

Our first season I played roller derby with her and she is one of my friends from back home :)

How great that you came across Monique (thats her name) she is one of my favorite people of all time.

Looks like you had a blast !

On 2010-06-16 09:20, leleliz wrote:

I am from Tampa, FL and when I lived there I played roller derby for the Tampa Bay Derby Darlins.

Our first season I played roller derby with her and she is one of my friends from back home :)

How great that you came across Monique (thats her name) she is one of my favorite people of all time.

Leleliz, that is so cool that I luckily stumbled upon one of your friends at Das Hukilau! Monique rocks!!! Ask her about our Thursday night...er, Friday morning float in the Atlantic Ocean (* pictures not provided for this event)! Most importantly, ask her if she REMEMBERS the Thursday night/Friday morning float in the Atlantic Ocean!

H

On 2010-06-16 08:42, Vince Martini wrote:

On 2010-06-16 08:35, bigbrotiki wrote:

LOL I stand guilty as charged, BBT! I wasn't sure if I should put the photos in that forum or leave that forum open for announcements for other tiki events. So, I was the first to think that way. I can still recreate this thread in the Events forum, if need be.

Moved to Tiki Events.

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! Glad you had tons of fun. Are you going to Ohana next week in Lake George? That will be an absolute blast.
We didn't exactly meet, but I was sitting next to you during Beachbum Berry's presentation.

On 2010-06-16 10:24, TikiRenee wrote:
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! Glad you had tons of fun. Are you going to Ohana next week in Lake George? That will be an absolute blast.
We didn't exactly meet, but I was sitting next to you during Beachbum Berry's presentation.

Renee - it was a pleasure sitting next to you and your crew and getting a little fueled up on suffering bastards and dead bastards. I wish I could make it to Tiki Ohanu, but I can't. I promised the organizers that I will make their event next year. I hope that doesn't mean I have to miss Hukilau!!!

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-06-16 11:25 ]

You can do both next year. Double fun!!!

On 2010-06-16 11:32, TikiRenee wrote:
You can do both next year. Double fun!!!

With proper planning, you are correct. Time to start saving NOW!!! I'll see you next year, Renee!

Oh, and thank you for passing those drinks down to me!!!

TK

hey thats a great looking leg tat, where have i seen it....oh yeah i just look down and there it is. it was fun hanging with you at the hukilau vince. monique was there with green tiki pat who did the ink on my leg. great pics dude.

Thanks for posting the pics - even the ones of me. Great meeting you - hope to see you again. If you're ever in Nashville...

On 2010-06-16 15:08, talo ka wrote:
hey thats a great looking leg tat, where have i seen it....oh yeah i just look down and there it is. it was fun hanging with you at the hukilau vince. monique was there with green tiki pat who did the ink on my leg. great pics dude.

I am sorry that the one of you and I (snapped before the tat pic) was one of the pics that was waaaay out of focus! Nonetheless, it was great hanging with you too...and floating in the Atlantic and drinking rum with you, Green Tiki Pat AND Monique!

On 2010-06-16 16:00, gooneybird wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics - even the ones of me. Great meeting you - hope to see you again. If you're ever in Nashville...

Time for a trip to the Omni Hut!!!

P

On 2010-06-16 09:28, Vince Martini wrote:

Leleliz, that is so cool that I luckily stumbled upon one of your friends at Das Hukilau! Monique rocks!!! Ask her about our Thursday night...er, Friday morning float in the Atlantic Ocean (* pictures not provided for this event)! Most importantly, ask her if she REMEMBERS the Thursday night/Friday morning float in the Atlantic Ocean!

ask her if she ever wonders how the guy is that we called an ambulance for at 5am in front of the bahia mar.

she was a blast to hang out around.

On 2010-06-16 18:49, pdrake wrote:

On 2010-06-16 09:28, Vince Martini wrote:

ask her if she ever wonders how the guy is that we called an ambulance for at 5am in front of the bahia mar.

she was a blast to hang out around.

WHOA! WHAT???

P

there was a guy laying on the sidewalk across the street when we were walking back. he kind of moaned and said, "call me an ambulance".

well, she called. we walked over while the operator questioned her about his condition. the paramedics showed up, quickly as station 49 is right there, and we beat feet.

i think he was a very, very drunk vagrant, i could tell as i was totally sober. :wink:

not a hukilau attendee.

On 2010-06-16 19:28, pdrake wrote:
there was a guy laying on the sidewalk across the street when we were walking back. he kind of moaned and said, "call me an ambulance".

well, she called. we walked over while the operator questioned her about his condition. the paramedics showed up, quickly as station 49 is right there, and we beat feet.

i think he was a very, very drunk vagrant, i could tell as i was totally sober. :wink:

not a hukilau attendee.

Well, it is good that you two were there...at 5 AM in the morning.

I still have photos from the fashion show and the Mai Tai to post. I will get them loaded tonight.

Aloha, Mr. Hand!

H

On 2010-06-16 19:28, pdrake wrote:

not a hukilau attendee.

Them wacky vagrants, it was the ol' "call me an ambulance" trick to get a free bed to sleep in. Next time think twice about calling that ambulance! Okay, maybe not.

2010 Hulilau Fashion Show pics

And Fashionable People!!!

Bitchin' Tiki Rod

Too much rum makes you put your shirt on backwards. Right, Mike?

Mai Tai Pics

PSYCHE!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/16846/4c1af606.jpg[/img

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/16846/4c1af61e.jpg)

Pages: 1 31 replies