Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tikitastic's Around the USA Tiki Roadtrip - next stop Lincoln, Nebraska

Pages: 1 27 replies

I am spending the better part of the next 2 months driving around the USA visiting tiki establishments. Below is my general itinerary. If you live in any of the cities I am visiting and would like to meet up please send me a Personal Message.

July 3, 2010 - Smuggler's Cove - San Francisco, CA
July 6, 2010 - Caliente Tropics - Palm Springs, CA
July 8, 2010 - Frankie's - Las Vegas, NV
July 10, 2010 - Kon Tiki - Tuscon, AZ
July 10, 2010 - The The Hut - Tuscon, AZ
July 11, 2010 - Trader Vic's Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ
July 12, 2010 - Burt's Tiki Lounge - Albuquerque, NM
July 16, 2010 - None - Memphis, TN
July 20-25, 2010 - Tales of the Cocktail - New Orleans, LA & Bali Hai leftovers in Kenner Park plus Cure
July 27 & 29, 2010 - Mai Kai - Fort Lauderdale, FL
July 28, 2010 - Islamorada and Key West, FL
July 31, 2010 - Trader Vic's Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
August 3, 2010 - Omni Hut - Smyrna, TN plus Patterson House in Nashville, TN
August 5, 2010 - The Bourbon Trail, KY - Jim Beam, Four Roses, Heaven's Hill and Maker's Mark
August 7-9, 2010 - Painkiller, Otto's Shrunken Head and a ton of classic cocktail bars/lounges
August 10-12, 2010 - Tiki Lounge - Pittsburgh, PA plus Embury
August 14, 2010 - Trader Vic's Chicago, Tiki Terrace and Hala Kahiki - Chicago, IL
August 15, 2010 - Nebraska - Mt. Fuji Inn? or Starlight Lounge
August 19 - 22, 2010 - Tiki Oasis - San Diego, CA
TBD - Luau Larry's - Avalon, CA
TBD Trader Vic's LA - Los Angeles, CA
TBD Tiki Ti - Hollywood, CA
TBD Don the Beachcomber - Huntington Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2010-08-09 08:41 ]

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2010-08-15 02:01 ]

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2010-08-15 02:01 ]

Mark,

man that sounds like a Great trip, I've always wanted to do something like that.

I hope that you can swing thru So. Cal. the weekend of Aug. 6th to Aug. 8th for the SG101 convention weekend of shows.
all 3 nights end up at Don the Beachcomber.
:wink:

surf n tiki mwahahaha.

Jeff(btd)

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2010 9:16 AM

Have fun at Frankie's on the 8th but you're gonna miss the grand opening of Sin City's newest Tiki bar by two days.

It's gonna make the Aku Aku look like Margaritaville. :D

C

What's this new Vegas tiki bar? Where? Sounds exciting!

If you take the PA turnpike instead of US80 you'll pass right by Pittsburgh on your way from NYC to Chicago (heck even US80 is close to Pittsburgh). It's about halfway between the two and has the Tiki Lounge. If I'm in town I'll meet ya there.

Godspeed Mark!
have a Tikitastic Trip!

Citizens...lock up your booze cabinets!

Pittsburgh pauly - I should be in Pittsburgh around August 11-12. I have family in Pittsburgh, but did not realize there was a tiki bar there. I would definitively be interested in checking it out.

As usual. Minnie's and Jungle's Outpost get passed over. hmmmph!

Vic....setup a night at Minnie's, etc in the Fall and us Bay Area tiki folks will head over.

Hey Tikitastic, If you're still on schedule and wanna meet up at the Kon Tiki on Sunday give us a shout. We're always up for a TC meet-and-greet:) Sent you a PM

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2010-07-09 11:14 ]

Great to see Pittsburgh made the list!
Let me know as you get closer. Always happy to meet up with a TCer.
Sent you a PM too.

The staff at Burt's Tiki Lounge was very cool to me when they found out I was on an around the USA tiki road trip. I was the nly one in the bar ordering tiki drinks and they recommended some unique drinks from the menu and were very excited about my posting on TC about Burt's. Definitely worth check out if you are in New Mexico. I think it is the only active tiki bar in the whole state...way to go Burt's...keepin' it alive!

M

On 2010-07-07 11:04, cathuna wrote:
What's this new Vegas tiki bar? Where? Sounds exciting!

Hello, John-O is talking about my home bar "Hubert's Huli Huli Haus". We had a fun Grand Opening last Saturday! ZAZZ!

Mark,

Balls to you!!!

take pics.

BB

N
NOTCH posted on Mon, Jul 26, 2010 1:06 PM

Hope your having a great time Mark.
How in the heck are ya doing..
Cheers Mate!

Have a Great time at the Mai Kai
if you are on schedule.

Jeff(btd)

Mai Kai rocked tonight! I told the staff about my tiki road trip and they had one of the lady dancers ask me to "volunteer" to come up on stage for the hula dance. I am going back to the Mai Kai Thursday night for one more visit before I head north.

Love following your journey on Facebook. Stay safe and enjoy the tipsy factor!!!

P

A man walks into a bar and a guy sitting at the bar says "Hey, a Smuggler's Cove t-shirt."

That's it - no punch line.
It was tikitastic sporting the fine Lemoore design and I was the bar guy.

It was an awesome evening of cocktails and other tales and it was a true pleasure to stay from open until close.

The end.

Pablus, LIKE.

Great evening at the Mai Kai Pablus!

You can follow on facebook? Is that where the pics and exploits are!?

Yes, Paulie...you can find me at http://www.facebook.com/markholt

Aw crud. FB link got me nowhere.

hi paulie....i think u need to add me as a friend on FB.

Hey Mark. I'd really like to follow your trip on Facebook. I'll be driving cross country (in 3 days?) at the end of the month.
Maybe it's easier if you add me, Paul Matarrese (there's a few less of that name around :)

See ya Thursday? And maybe a couple other 'philes.

W

Bump?

Pages: 1 27 replies