Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Auction for Tiki-Kate at Oasis! August 20-22!!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

M

Update:
Items will be on display starting at 4pm on Friday in Skinny Dog's Lanai suite, room 1138. Bids will be taken from 4-6pm on Friday, and during vending hours on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-4pm.
Auctions will end at various times on Saturday and Sunday, and the end time will be posted on each item. We have an amazing variety of items at all sorts of prices, so please come by and see what we've got.

Come early to get your bids in, but keep checking back for more items and to get final bids in!

Thanks to all the amazing donors, and thanks in advance to all the amazing people that will be putting bids in!

The auction for Tiki-Kate at Luau at the Lake was great, even with the short notice and the smaller crowd. We're going to do another silent auction for Kate, this time at Oasis! It will be hosted in the Tiki Carving Village.

Please let me know if you have anything you'd like to donate.

I'd like to get pictures of donated items on this thread. Depending on the amount of stuff, I'll figure out the best way to setup the auction, it's likely we'll have a few different end times throughout the weekend.

Thank you for all of your offers, it's been really touching to see how many people want to help out.

tropicaldesignsbymieko.com

[ Edited by: mieko 2010-08-17 14:56 ]

[ Edited by: mieko 2010-08-20 07:43 ]

I'm so in!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2010 9:16 AM

I'm in. I'll be sure to start on something very very soon. My pleasure Mieko! G

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2010-07-12 09:17 ]

I had a little "insider information" so I got an early start and just pulled my finished piece from the kiln tonight :D

9 inches tall, 15 ounce capacity

This was supposed to go to The Luau By The Lake but never made it. I will be sending it out in the next few days.

I would like to put this up for Kates benefit.

Its an original Monkeyman Frame with a custom matte job by Frame Fetish and a beautiful Heather Watts print from several years back.

The frame is hand carved from mahogany and weighs about 8-10 lbs (in case you all want to calc shipping). The whole piece is roughly 18" x 24"

I am sending good vibes your way kate.

Crazy frame Derek....awesome detail as always.

B

I'm going to donate the Alohas Mug.

Bowie

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 17, 2010 1:31 AM

Aw crap, Bowie! You're donating GROG' mug!? Now GROG going to have to bid on the damned thing. GROG hope GROG make some money vending at Oasis so GROG can get it. Some bastard like Jonesy or Kingstiedye is going to outbid GROG. Don't you have a Luau Pig you'd rather donate?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 17, 2010 1:40 AM

GROG donating the Java Bob and a pair of Moai Salt and Pepper shakers that GROG miss the deadline for the Ohana auction. Hopefully GROG will have some Tiki Bob shots ready by then, and can throw one in there to boot.

Please count me in too! I will make up a couple sets of TWB fishnet float earring and pendant sets, and a couple TWB suncatcher/pendants for Tiki Kate's auction. Do you need these in advance, or do we just bring them along to Oasis?

Mahalo for organizing this!!
Myke

M
mieko posted on Sun, Jul 25, 2010 8:33 PM

Thanks everyone!

I don't need stuff shipped in advance, but I will need to make up sheets and figure out exactly what is being auctioned off. Either post pictures of what you've got, or send me photos and I'll get them posted.

Mieko

Going through my vintage clothing....and I got a couple of collectable travel pamplets from the 60's that are pretty cool.

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Jul 30, 2010 8:55 PM

I'll donate a Haurangi Maka for the raffle.

This original sculpt of a PNG head and the book that inspired it are my donations for Tiki Kate's auction. The head has been to Gecko's studio in Hawaii where he made a mold and then sent it back to me so I could paint it. It is in clay and acrylic paint and sealed. It is not a mug...those that Gecko makes in the future will be. It's fun doing head upside down like the severed head by Ren Clark's artist.

Here is a photo before I painted it. It's next to my Bloody Maori to show it's size.

I hope this will bring a smile to Tiki Kate, one more friend to support her. Who will be the next? See you at Oasis, Wendy Cevola

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-08-07 15:53 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 9, 2010 11:51 AM

Mieko! Please PM me your mailing address!! Thanks, G

I am donating this Skoai mug. It is the "Pretty in Pink" edition and only one of one.
I hope this helps out. Bid big for Kate!!!

M
mieko posted on Mon, Aug 9, 2010 10:38 PM

Thanks for all the donations!

Due to a generous offer from Skinny Dog Design Group, we'll be hosting the auction in their Lanai suite! They're having a rum tasting from Coruba rum on Friday from 3:30-5:30pm where we will be doing the first bids on all the amazing items!!

I'd like to have the artwork Thursday night or earlier on Friday so we have time to set everything up before the rum tasting. I will be at Bali Hai on Thursday and can take items that night, or I will be at the hotel on Friday morning. If those times don't work for you, please let me know and I'll send my address or see if we can work something else out.

Post pictures!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 11:36 AM

Java Bob coffee mug. Limited edition of 25.

Moai Salt and Pepper shakers.

And one Tiki Bob Shot glass. Sorry, GROG not have a finished one to photograph.

Well if the super sweet cave man Grog can donate a Java Bob and a Moai salt and pepper set I'll just have to donate a red and blue War God Banks that I did with Gecko. Here's a photo of the red one being held by Gecko while riding in his car in Hawaii and using his cell phone. These are sold out, Wendy

I will donate a velvet (not sure which one yet) and Miss Fluff should
have something too. Will post pictures soon.

Great job everyone!

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-08-11 12:20 ]

Awesome contributions, everyone! It's nice to see the generous spirit in this forum!

I'm kicking in this vintage Hawaiian Inn Paddle Licker mug:

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 7:19 PM

Aloha!

Here is my contribution to the Tiki-Kate silent auction, a TikiG oldie but goodie I've titled "Come On Over".
Acrylics on 14" x 11" stretched canvas. Painted October 19-24, 2008 so this is one of my earliest tiki paintings.

Wow! what a line-up to be a part of. I'm stoked this is turning out so well. I know the results will be terrific.

Kate - sending you love...thinking of you always. G

Hey Tiki kids...this just in. The Coruba rum tasting for the "sip n shop" event on Friday at Tiki Oasis is now sponsored by Kona beer. So come have a brewski, and check out the awesome items in the Tiki-Kate Auction (and bid of course) in our suite and shop for our jewelry too! And sign a "get well card" for Tiki-Kate and let her know you care!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 12, 2010 1:43 PM

Sven Kirsten sign a Bahooka Mug he design and give to GROG to bring to Oasis for him.

I would like to donate this fine piece to Tiki Kate's Auction.
It is acrylic and cel-vinyl on a Bamboo Ben painted tapa on wood with a BooBen frame
(and on the back there's a secret Ben painting as well)
a most valuable artifact if there ever was one!

i think it's around 3-3.5 feet tall and 18 inches wide or so...
but i often have guess-timating problems
so c'mon down to the auction with a measuring tape!

"the Sunshower"

Here's some love and a big hug to you Kate!

http://www.facebook.com/ken.ruzic

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2010-08-12 21:00 ]

heres mine #5 of 25 giclee print of 'The Grand Entrance"

I'm flying down with it so it will not be framed but it will be matted and backed and in a protective plasic.

Mieko.Here is my contribution to the Tiki-Kate silent auction

i have a very nice Witco giraffe

It stands 46 inches tall.It would make a fine addition to a witco collection

This is really awesome guys! Lots of great stuff. Please, please keep donating!

And PLEASE come to our Lanai Suite at Tiki Oasis and see all of these spectacular items plus many more and bid on them. Let's make this auction a really huge success and raise lots of much needed funds to help Tiki Kate with her gargantuan medical bills and everyday living expenses!

And don't forget that we have a couple of banners for everyone to sign and doodle on. One will be in our suite with the auction items and the other will be in the Carver Village.

Thank you all!

Jen

On 2010-08-12 20:59, little lost tiki wrote:
I think it's around 3-3.5 feet tall and 18 inches wide or so...
but i often have guess-timating problems
so c'mon down to the auction with a measuring tape!

"the Sunshower"

Mieko, I've got this glorious painting and I'll bring it to you Friday. Overall size is 20x45 inches.

Kinny, you didn't tell me that painting had enought POT RESIDUE to alert the drug sniffing dog at the Border Patrol checkpoint! It took me 20 minutes to explain my way out of that one. Kinny, if your caller ID says "US Border Patrol" - DON'T ANSWER IT!!!

Just kidding :D

Aw Jeez Wendy, that is soooo cool a mug!

My contribution (made in absentia since I am in Germany during Oasis) cannot compete with all the great individual art pieces, it's mass produced, but I hope that some folks who are from out of state and won't have a chance to get it otherwise will be compelled to bid this baby up. It is signed, so there! :)

I'd like to donate this platter from the Aku Aku for the auction :)

I would like donate this velvet I painted
and Claudette is donating a fluff LE print.

"Windward Wahine"

"Hula Exotica"

Here's my donations for Kate.
A tiki skull and two flat-backed tikis.
Another item coming if I can finish in time!

Wow, cool stuff guys! I can see we will be bidding on a bunch of stuff, especially since it is in our suite!

Now keep it coming!

Jen

I'll donate something Tiki to the auction mix! Where should I drop it off at Oasis?

C

I'm sending this

i'm not sure which colors exactly each one is going to be, long story.. but this are the designs.
Hope everything goes great, much aloha.

It's going to be a fantastic affair, aloha spirit... we really can pull it all together. I want everything :roll:
"get better Kate"

Here's my donation:

Yippee! I am sure she will get lots of bids, there are tons of single guys (and married ones too) looking for arm candy! Hehehehehehe!

Jen

Hey Jen I guess I should have been more clear! Hahaha, sorry guys, bikini only!

Oh no. That will totally affect the bidding I am afraid Lennie!

On 2010-08-17 00:57, Hiphipahula wrote:
I want everything :roll:

Me too!!!

Then I think about all of the 10 and 12K bills I keep getting in the mail, and I remember that I can't afford to spend money on anything but medical bills this year. I'd much rather stay alive than have a bunch of fabulous stuff. :cry:

Thanks to everyone who had donated to the Oasis auction. These items are amazing.

I'm very sad to be missing Oasis this year. It does follow my trend of missing the Oasis events that start with the number one. I'll have missed the 1st and the 10th. Made it to all the rest of them though. I think I had a pretty good long run. :)

Thanks again for all of the great new and vintage art donations. You guys are the best.

M
mieko posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 2:49 PM

Thanks everyone for all the amazing stuff!

Tangaroa-Ru and anyone else that's coming to Oasis that wants to donate: Please find me or Skinny Dog to drop off your items. I'll be at their room between 9:30am-noon on Friday taking donations and getting things setup. I'll also be at the Bali Hai on Thursday. We can squeeze stuff in afterwards if needed, but the unveiling will be at 4pm on Friday, so it'd be best to have your stuff in by then!

There's lots more than what's listed here, so I hope people bring money! (or not, so I can buy them all!)
Here's what Bosko is donating:

On 2010-08-17 12:11, Skinny Dog wrote:
Oh no. That will totally affect the bidding I am afraid Lennie!

Not necessarily - if you have auction the bikini OFF the model I'm sure bidding will be lively :lol: :blush:

Kate, sorry we won't get to see you at Oasis - spend your enegy getting well!

M
mp posted on Wed, Aug 18, 2010 2:03 AM

I would like to donate the "Maori Monster Mug". This mug sits upside down.

I tried to carve a Maori inspired mug from memory a while back, and this is what came out.

Its about 5' tall and is stained with iron oxides and has a food safe
glaze on the inside. If one should drink from it, it is best to use a straw.

Kate, I dont know the details of your situation but I hope you are getting better!!!
You bought some of my ceramics off tiki central and a Frank mug I believe from last
years Tiki Oasis. That was really cool of you!

Once again, I hope your getting better, MP

B

This is the only AP I have done for this new Mauna Loa limited edition.

Love ya Kate!

Crazy Al has Tiki #169 all preped and ready to be carved on stage with exotica band APE Saturday night at Oasis.
Tiki #169 will be available for viewing and bidding upon in the “Skinny Dog Shopping-Vending Suite” (thanks guys) Friday and Saturday. The log will then be carved on Saturday night and there after it may be viewed and bid upon at Crazy Al’s vending booth on Sunday. This is your opportunity to participate in some great fun while helping out our friend Kate. The bidding ends Sunday at 12:00pm Noon at Crazy Al’s booth. The highest bid wins Tiki #169 and may take it home at that time or if other arrangements have been made with Crazy Al for you out of state folk.

See you at Oasis 10!
Thanks!
STAY TIKI !!
c-AL
Crazy Al Bone Productions
http://www.tikimania.com
P.O. Box 553
Sunset Beach, CA 90742
714/960-3003

** Read the full artical here below**

Aloha once again from Tikimania!
An Auction for Tiki-Kate

For all you lovers of Tiki! Followers in the way of the Ape!

We invite you to witness one of the greatest and most entertaining Exotica bands in the world! Appearing at Tiki Oasis 10 Saturday night on the main stage, at Tiki Oasis 10 in San Diego is the exotica band APE. At the helm once again or swinging from the grandest vine or maybe dancing or playing his coconuts, we know one thing for sure, Al will be carving a tiki live on stage, chopping as no other ever dare or could, all in tempo with the beat baby!
Al's got Tiki # 169 ready to be set center stage. Al's got his chops all on point and ready to carve and it's all dedicated to a very special gal, Tiki-Kate Simmons.

As most of you know Kate was being treated for breast cancer when some other related health issues arose. Most of you also know that catastrophic accidents and illnesses can be a financial burden that even those of us with the best insurance policies may never financially recover from. Because we are a people of one it seems, yes, with loud shirts, loud mouths perhaps, we also have loud hearts. We care for others, our friends, our Ohana and we are quite good at this. Please join Crazy Al Evans and Ape Saturday night at Tiki Oasis 10 and witness Tiki #169 being carved and dedicated to Kate by the world’s foremost and master tiki carver,
Crazy Al Evans.

Here is how you help with that loud shirt and loud heart. Tiki #169 will be available for viewing and bidding upon in the “Skinny Dog Shopping-Vending Suite” (thanks guys) Thursday through Saturday. The log will then be carved on Saturday night and there after it may be viewed and bid upon at Crazy Al’s vending booth on Sunday. This is your opportunity to participate in some great fun while helping out our friend Kate. Crazy Al tiki’s don’t always come this easily this is your chance to take home a tiki now and feel great forever about the giving. The bidding ends Sunday at 12:00pm Noon at Crazy Al’s booth. The highest bid wins Tiki #169 and may take it home at that time or if other arrangements have been made with Crazy Al.

Thanks to all of you, See you at Oasis 10!
Thanks!
STAY TIKI !!
c-AL
Crazy Al's Bone Productions
http://www.tikimania.com
P.O. Box 553
Sunset Beach, CA 90742
714/960-3003

kjr 8.18.10
Bones prod.rights reserved.

Pages: 1 2 56 replies