Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Auction for Tiki-Kate at Oasis! August 20-22!!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

L

I just really have to say that I am so FREAKIN HAPPY to have won Bowana's Aloha Sisters mug at the auction this weekend. AND I even got to beat out Babalu and Grog for it--YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the auction was a success and the money goes a long way to help .

xoxox

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 23, 2010 3:20 PM

So? What were the results?

I missed hangin' with Kate. Wow at the items auctions your all mighty crew!

M
mieko posted on Tue, Aug 24, 2010 6:10 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE! For all the donors who put up some amazing items, to all the bidders who dug deep into their pockets, and my support staff that helped me run everything, I can't thank you all enough.

Results are still being tallied, we have a handful of items that were not picked up, so I need to call the winners and get their money in. I should have a total in a few days! I might surprise Kate with the number in person before I list it here. :)

Thanks, Mieko, for workin' it all weekend! YOU made it happen.

M
mieko posted on Tue, Aug 24, 2010 9:15 PM

Quite a few people mentioned wanting to make donations, so I've setup a site here:

http://tikikate.chipin.com/donations-for-tiki-kate

It'll let you donate via paypal.

Thanks again!

CA

Thanks Richard Summers for picking up the APE Oasis Tiki!! 9 year veteran of T-O!! Real Cool! THANKS!!
more pics here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8556&id=100001142975893&l=fdeeff798a

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-08-28 17:50 ]

M
mieko posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2010 5:44 PM

Thanks again to everyone who donated items or money, and all those that bid (winners and losers alike!).

I'm still getting a few final things added up, but we raised over $4500 for Kate!!

I got to see Kate last week and take her the money. She was tired, but I could tell that having this money relieved a lot of stress for her. I'm glad that she'll able to take time off of work without worrying about her paycheck.

Special Thanks to Jennifer and Scott from Skinny Dog that let us hold the auction in their room. It would have been impossible otherwise, and I really appreciate it.

Whoa! That's Huge! Yay for Kate!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies