Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

It's a BOY - or, Mr Smiley forms a log !

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

Today I announce the arrival of my first carved tiki, Tiki Bob. After finding out Billy the Crud was going to be carving today in a park, I said "Billy, why don't you come to my pad". He did, brought a couple friends and two of us (Dave and myself) made our first tikis. I had a blast-I may be addicted ! ZAZZ!!!
PS-it was nice to be able to jump in our pool to cool off every now and then.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-07-21 23:09 ]

That's certainly a great job of carving Tiki Bob. Looks like you were just born a tiki carver. Better start another thread on how to carve a wooden tiki, that's next on my list. Wendy

WoooHooooo! Looks Tiki-rrific!!

Great lookin Bob there mrsmiley!

B

Welcome to the Tiki Carvers Club, Excellent Start Mr Smiley

Thanks all. It was a blast to make!
Wendy and other prospective carvers, I recommend finding a "chop" near you aand seeing if one of the attendees would be willing to "take you under their wing" so to speak. If you don't live near anyplace that regularly hosts a chop, plan a trip. Contact some TC chop participant in say, San Diego, and see if they can supply you with wood to make a mask (or something that travels easily if you are taking a plane) , find out what chisels and tools to get , plan a design and have fun.
In my case, I got lucky and a friend (Billy the Crud) was in town, I hosted the chop, he took me under his wing and (when he wasn't using them) I was able to borrow his tools. I hope this helps. -smiley

Hey Mr.Smiley, did you do another? I did start my first carving and I'm doing a step by step on the carvers page. If you took photos of doing this tiki you could start a thread there too, Wendy

S

On 2010-10-26 12:19, danlovestikis wrote:
Hey Mr.Smiley, did you do another? I did start my first carving and I'm doing a step by step on the carvers page. If you took photos of doing this tiki you could start a thread there too, Wendy

S

On 2010-10-27 11:31, Skipper wrote:

On 2010-10-26 12:19, danlovestikis wrote:

Concrete Tiki from Denmark :)

Pages: 1 8 replies