Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

crap by GROG

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 7, 2010 9:59 AM

Thank you.

Sounds like GROG may have to make a few more bowls.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Aug 7, 2010 10:50 AM

Good thing you enjoy glazing. :wink:

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 7, 2010 11:31 AM

You mean BLAZING. GROG hate glazing.

Lookin great Grog!

M

Yep, full production mode. This is half the Moai army.

WOW, I love these shots of all the mugs in progress! I'm saving my money. Grog like trade for a Maui Tiki Mug?

-Rob

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 9:40 AM

GROG willing to trade. Looking forward to meeting you at Oasis.

B

GO GROG GO!! Army look tight!!

ps: GROG buy camera?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 4:25 PM

Yhanks babs. Camera gift from sister.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 6:49 PM

Nice Moai army pic Grog - kinda like seeds waiting for spring thaw.

Holy Crap Ball that's a lot of Moai!

Paul

K
kirby posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 1:50 PM

On 2010-07-27 20:04, GROG wrote:
Everybody posting their new mugs they will have at Oasis.
Notch will have his bitchin' new Moari mug:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32579&forum=18&start=75&87

Tiki Diablo is teasing us with a hint at his new Marquesan mug he's trying to have ready for Oasis:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37269&forum=12&12

Bowana unveiled his his killer one-off Fez Monkey mug he'll have there:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22368&forum=7&start=615

Babalu let us know he'll have some Yin&Yang Cobra Mugs avaialable, and GROG wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get some Mauna Loa drum mugs completed in time for it too:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22368&forum=7&start=615

And Crazy Al:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7375&id=100001142975893&l=52c6efbbe4

BOSKO, too:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29469&forum=12&start=last&40

Tiki Tony showing his stuuf for T.O. 10:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37376&forum=12&3

You forgot one..
Kirby's stuff
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37517&forum=12&0
Thanks Grog!!

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-08-03 10:21 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 4:48 PM

On 2010-08-14 13:50, kirby wrote:

You forgot one..
Kirby's stuff
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37517&forum=12&0
Thanks Grog!!

That's because GROG was posting new mugs/ceramics. The mold for your mug won't be done until after Oasis. Oops! Was GROG not supposed to mention you have a mug in the works? Never mind, people!! You didn't hear it here!

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-08-14 16:51 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 12:36 AM

Running out of time!! GROG may be one glaze firing late for bringing everything GROG hope to have finished for Oasis. GROG going to San Diego on Thursday, so Wednesday is the last day GROG can fire. Maybe if GROG lucky, Babalu will be doing a glaze firing Thursday or Friday and have room in kiln for GROG' crap.

Did a glaze fire this weekend, and most of the Salt and Pepper Moai shakers turned out well. Almost all the Java Bobs are having problems with the clear glaze, and need to be touched up. Talked with Squid today about the problem, and he said that MadDogMike had mentioned having troubles using both Duncan and Mayco underglazes/glazes together. GROG have Duncan underglaze and Mayco clear glaze on top, so that's probably the problem.

The bowls, the Bob Shot glasses, and some more Moai S&Ps are in the kiln now for the bisque fire, so LOTS of glazing tomorrow. AW CRAP!!

T

GROG can do it. GROG can do anything!

B

On 2010-08-16 00:36, GROG wrote:

Maybe if GROG lucky, Babalu will be doing a glaze firing Thursday or Friday and have room in kiln for GROG' crap.

Even if Babalu is done, GROG can come over and play in Babalu's kiln...(bring Ernie on over too). :)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 9:35 AM

Thanks Babs!

You are a

On 2010-08-16 00:36, GROG wrote:
MadDogMike had mentioned having troubles using both Duncan and Mayco underglazes/glazes together. GROG have Duncan underglaze and Mayco clear glaze on top, so that's probably the problem.

Thanks for the tip, I was going to mix a duncan underglaze with another brand clear glaze in my firings tonight. Maybe I won't mix brands after all.

Beachbumz and I filled the kiln with 30 plus mugs last night and still have a handful more to fire tonight! See you all at Oasis in a few days!!

MauiTiki

Just saw this thread and holy crap!!!

I don't know if GROG knows this but the rest of the Califusans like to tell "GROG he so lazy..." jokes. Such as :

*"GROG he so lazy he gets tired when he sees 'DONT WALK' change to 'WALK'."

"GROG he so lazy he had the hair from his head transplanted onto his butt and thighs so he doesn't have to get dressed or do laundry."

"GROG he so lazy that when I offered him a Charleston Chew bar he said "GROG don't eat it if GROG have to chew it."

Well clearly GROG ain't so lazy which proves, as I have long suspected, that one should ignore a good 75% or so of anything a Califusan tells yuh.

This work is cool. Bob stuff is cute, moai S&Ps are neat (and useful, you can never have too much S or P), you should be able to get a fist fight goin over who gets to buy the bowls, and the big Moai mug is just dang beautful.

V

Almost all the Java Bobs are having problems with the clear glaze, and need to be touched up. Talked with Squid today about the problem, and he said that MadDogMike had mentioned having troubles using both Duncan and Mayco underglazes/glazes together. GROG have Duncan underglaze and Mayco clear glaze on top, so that's probably the problem.

The bowls, the Bob Shot glasses, and some more Moai S&Ps are in the kiln now for the bisque fire, so LOTS of glazing tomorrow. AW CRAP!!

I am sweating bullets for you! Noting stresses me out quite like glaze application and firing. Hope you get it all sorted out, and I CANT WAIT to meet you at Oasis!

Henrik

L

I warned ya all that Grog is only bringing drawings....

L

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-08-16 16:45 ]

CA

Yep, full production mode. This is half the Moai army.

oh g-uad... i've done it to yourself again. see ya sooooooooooooon!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 2:03 AM

Thanks for the encouragement you guys! GROG looking forward to meeting Maui and Vantiki at Oasis. After the bad luck GROG have today cleaning greenware, Leleliz might be right--- GROG may only bring drawings. It's CRAZY over here AL!

First wave of the Moai S&P army has been glazed and fired.

Bob Shots and S&P's are underglazed and fired and need clear glaze and fire.

They will be darker, like the Java Bobs behind them, after they have been fired with the clear glaze.

The bowls and the Moai Mug with topknpot lid came out of the kiln today, and need to be glazed and fired.

This is the last of the moai army, needs to be cleaned and bisque fired.
The bowl on the left, GROG break and repair 4 times today. The bowl in the middle GROG break twice. This second Moai mug with topknot lid, GROG break the topknot once. GROG definitely a "ruiner" today.(actually yesterday, it's after midnight). Hopefully these guys will survive the bisque fire. Or, they'll crack in the repaired areas.

CA

Holy Attack of the Grog Monster!

WOW Braddah Grog, That's Awesome!! You Stay Busy... Good luck on da glazing and firing today... I really want one of those BoB ShoTs!
C YA @ OasiS!!

T

SWEEEEET! Love those S&P shakers!

Yikes! Them there's alot of nice mugs...... for a cave man! Looking good Ernie.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 9:14 PM

Thanks Danny.

Glazing like crazy right now. If GROG die and go to hell, GROG know GROG punishment would be to glaze ceramics for an eternity!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 2:19 AM

The army of Moai Salt and Pepper shakers poised to depart. GROG damned tired of glazing salt and pepper shakers!!

20 Tiki Bob Shot Glasses and a handful of S&P's made it out of the kiln OK. More glazing pain in the ass.

Textured Moai Mug with Topknot lid. Got one more in the kiln firing now.

A couple of primitive looking GROG bowls turned out well. There are three more bowls in the kiln that had to be touched up, but they're not primitive looking like these bowls. Hopefully when they come out of the kiln this time they'll be all right. Damned quality control!

A couple of Moai mugs from 1963 Duncan mold with an interesting textured glaze.

Still having glaze problems with Java Bobs, so not very many of those are going to make it to Oasis. GROG will rejoice when GROG get to break that mold into a million pieces!!

Heading down to San Diego as soon as the rest of the stuff is cool enough to pull out of the kiln, which will probably be afternoon some time, so GROG won't get there until Friday evening. See ya'll this weekend.

H
harro posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 5:22 AM

I never tire of seeing an army of moai - they are looking great Grog, i didn't know you had become such an expert mug-maker. The tiki bob shots are very crisp indeed. Keep it up and good luck with the last firing (and the sales at Oasis). Hope to get one off you another time.
Cheers.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 9:11 AM

Thanks Harro. All the mistakes GROG make on the Java Bobs has taught GROG what to do and not to do on the Bob Shots. Still, trying to get those clean lines is a pain in the ass. The primitive stuff is much more fun to do.

On 2010-08-20 05:22, harro wrote:
Hope to get one off you another time.

Women tell GROG this all the time.

Kiln is fired, just got to wait for it to cool down to unload. Lot's of packing up crap to bring to Oasis in store for GROG today. All those damned salt and pepper shakers! It's not big stuff, but there's alot of it.

T

Don't take them Grog, leave them at home and then sell them after Oasis to people like me :D

T

Nice work Grog!
Have a good show.

Me like Grog art. Me agree with TikTtres. Grog come to Pennsylvania & we buy Grog's art.

L

Grog thanks for the kick ass ceramics my friend!!

I hope it was worth all the glazing pain to bring them to Oasis because they were awesome :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 24, 2010 1:29 AM

Thanks everybody who came by, chat with GROG, and buy GROG crap. All the Bob Shots and S&Ps went fast, and the Java Bobs that made it went bye bye. The bowls were swiped up quickly. The Moai army is much smaller now.

It great meeting new people and chatting with old friends. This GROG first time vend at Oasis, and GROG thank slim and trim Nick Camara from Tiki Magazine for having GROG at him table. GROG miss being able to run around and see everybody's awesome stuff, but that help GROG not buy too much stuff and destroy any profit GROG make. Thanks Otto and Baby Doe for another fun Oasis, and Derek Yaniger for being the cool cat that he is and hanging out with GROG. Great meeting Marina the Mermaid; what an awesome lady/fish. It was REALLY GREAT seeing Marie there and seeing how well she is recovering from her car crash. Thanks Mieko and Skinny Dog for doing the Tiki-Kate fund raising auction. GROG hope it made lots of money for Kate.

GROG hope GROG ceramics bring their new owners many years of pleasure.

As soon as GROG recuperate from Oasis, GROG get back to work and try and get some more Bob Shots and etc. for all who have expressed interest in obtaining some.

Got a couple of bowls that had some troubles and GROG see if GROG can salvage them. GROG have 5 lighter Java Bobs and 5 darker, two-toned Java Bobs that need to be fixed, but several of those are already spoken for.

And thank you to everybody who take time to look at GROG' crap and give nice compliments. You guys ROCK!!

Let me know when you have some stuff for sale, I would like to pick up a few pieces.

Paul

Grog - I love my Moai mug with da lid and Tiki Bob shot... THERE AWESOME!!
Great meeting you at Oasis too....
You Dakine bra....:wink:
beachbumz

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 25, 2010 3:28 PM

Got a number of orders to fill Pablo, so GROG let you know as soon GROG have more inventory. Got some Moai Salt Peppers left over.

Great meeting you Beachbumz! GROG glad you like GROG' crap. GROG hope it bring you many years of enjoyment.

L

Grog thank you again for my special pink glazed Tiki Bob shot glass..he was unexpected and so adorable ! Hope to see you up here for the parking lot sale. Lots of love caveman xxoxoxoxo

B

GROG has clay in his blood! Nice hanging with you this last weekend...GROG need to come down more often.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 26, 2010 10:01 AM

GROG love hanging with Babalu. U da best!! Definitely need to come down there more often!

Cheers!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 26, 2010 10:03 AM

Glad you liked the Pink Bob Shot, Leleliz.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-07-21 09:59 ]

Hey Ernie you should post what you have left over Oasis .

Your Salt and Pepper are on my list. :wink:

Paul

Me interested in Grog left-overs.

DC

Grog great stuff after buying a shot and shakers I won the auction and now have a Java Bob, little small for my consumption but I am using it right now

M

Grog, it was great meeting you! I love my Moai mug. Here is a photo of the goodies I picked up at Oasis!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies