That is really great!
~Z.

W

Stunning! Nice work!

Chris

M

Awesome!

M

Hey TikiVic you need to get the Arid Jungle up on the Home Tiki Bars forum here on TC.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 24, 2010 12:32 PM

Great lamps. GROG like.

T

nice job!

SWEEEEEET!

On 2010-08-24 12:16, Murph wrote:
Hey TikiVic you need to get the Arid Jungle up on the Home Tiki Bars forum here on TC.

What he said!

Fantastic work. What sort of material did you use?

Nice work TikiVic :)

T

Wow! Simply calling these "lamps" just won't do; these are illuminated works of art. Really beautiful.

Really Beautiful work
Love the subtle beauty of the middle red one!

T

Thanks for all the comps.!!!! To answer Kon Hemsby's question the underlying support frame (not seen) is cut out on a cnc machine. Then the components are bamboo, bac-bac braid, some custom carved trim pieces, sea shells, etc. The shade (fabric) is polyester fabrics that have been shellacked for stiffening (much like a lamp shade). Cheers!!! TV

B

WOW, Excellent lampwork Vic and your room looks Absolutely Awesome,, Well Done :o

Those are beautiful. GREAT JOB!!!

What everone above said, WOW! great work.

I want to use foul language to show how much your work impresses me, but I'll refrain for now!

WOW.

T

Hey there......here's my latest design:

very cool lamps indeed !!

and i appreciate your honesty in telling us you used a cnc machine in the construction of these lamps, unlike some "carvers" here who use it, then deny they use it in order to wring a higher price out of the unsuspecting.

good job !!

SICK!

Beautiful!

T

Thanks Tipsy!....nothing to hide here. Now if I just had a robot that would assemble them I could retire!

On 2011-05-23 11:44, TikiVic wrote:
Thanks Tipsy!....nothing to hide here. Now if I just had a robot that would assemble them I could retire!

Skip the assembly and sell them as kits! If priced right you'd sell a bunch right here on TC.

BEAUTIFUL DESIGN. WENDY

T

Innovative

T

Innovative

you can say that again, teakey !!

I love everything about it, especially the texture on the surface of the wood!
Did you make it for yourself, or do you sell these?

Beautiful pieces!

T

Thanks everyone!!! To answer Bill's question.....to date my lamps and carvings are all for personal or for friends so far......however I do intend to offer them in the future to others, especially custom moldings and trim as these are somewhat hard to come by. Lamps are rewarding and awesome to create, but unbelievably time consuming!

S

WOW, very cool! I'm a lamp maker myself, somewhat, lol, I feel that they are truly one of the most important parts of a tiki bar, or any atmosphere, for that matter. Lighting is everything! :)

-Lena.

That light is SWEET! I agree about the kits...I bet you could sell some on here easily.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 5, 2011 11:15 PM

Gorgeous lamps.

T

You can say that again Grog.
Love the way you did the bases on this lamp.
Great job!

Pages: 1 35 replies