Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra - Bahooka - New Year's Eve - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

L

Thanks JP for all that info! I am coming down for NYE with a man friend who has never even heard of TO so we plan on making a weekend of it. This helps so much-I am looking forward to checking out some of the places you posted about.

If those are your pics they are awesome!

BTW I too am at Table 10 :) I cant wait to ring in the New Year with my favorite exotica band. I have never been to Bahooka either so I know it will be extra special

xoxoxo

also, great Pics Marie.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

It will be the best New Years Eve ever! I can't wait to hear the Tikiyaki Orch. as well as a taste of the NEW CD Aloha Baby! I also have to say I Love the Bahooka, they have always made us welcome and go out of their way to give us great service, I appreciate them greatly. Nice post JP :)

get yer Tix now, before you are outside with a glass up to the door listening.

Jeff(btd)

T

Tickets are now sold out !!!

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-12-01 12:48 ]

TT

Glad we got our tickets...can't wait!!!
Only a month away!

I think a WOOHOO is in order.

Jeff(btd)

TM

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ok lets get a Roll Call,
who's going?

Jeff(btd)

K

I'm going!

T

Hey Folks, The New Year's Eve special event Mai Tai Glasses are IN.

Every ticketholder gets a pair of these babies. Classic Trader Vics style, with a full wrap around design.

Thanx for making this another great year in Tikiyaki-land ! Thanx to Eric October (Tobunga) for the great Tapa design, and Squid for the original Tiikyaki logo !

We will have some extras available should you feel the need to complete a set of 4 (and why wouldn't you ?)

TT

Those are awesome, totally awesome!

T

And those glasses will make any Mai-Tai taste better, too. Great job on these, guys!

Beyond awesome! But of course, this is Tikiyaki!!

On 2010-12-03 21:09, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey Folks, The New Year's Eve special event Mai Tai Glasses are IN.

Every ticketholder gets a pair of these babies. Classic Trader Vics style, with a full wrap around design.

Thanx for making this another great year in Tikiyaki-land ! Thanx to Eric October (Tobunga) for the great Tapa design, and Squid for the original Tiikyaki logo !

We will have some extras available should you feel the need to complete a set of 4 (and why wouldn't you ?)

Very cool Glass!!!

So jealous...wish I lived closer. Have a safe and sane Tikiyaki New Year everyone!!!

Anybody have any recommendations for a local hotel? Probably going to spend the night someplace nearby.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to use the table I purchased for the NYE show due to a scheduling conflict keeping me in NorCal. I have table #5 (2nd table back in the center) seats 4 people and will sell at cost ($120). Please PM me if you are interested.

Yeah what BTD said, why mess with the best, stick with the best. Happy New Year All!!!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-12-18 17:46 ]

I have a couple extra seats at table 7 if anyone is interested. $31/per seat which includes the original transaction fee and 2 wonderful Tikiyaki Mai Tai glasses! PM me if interested.

B

So looking forward to this event !

Just a quick question - I haven't received any tickets via USPS snail-mail yet - how is ticket distribution being handled ? Are there actual tickets being sent out or is this a "give your name at the door" type deal ?

...just want to make sure everything goes smoothly for the event check-in !

Thanks !
Rob

T

On 2010-12-23 09:05, Bad30th wrote:
So looking forward to this event !

Just a quick question - I haven't received any tickets via USPS snail-mail yet - how is ticket distribution being handled ? Are there actual tickets being sent out or is this a "give your name at the door" type deal ?

...just want to make sure everything goes smoothly for the event check-in !

Thanks !
Rob

Bring a printout of your Paypal invoice folks. We will be having a list of names, but the paypal invoice will really help.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-12-23 14:16 ]

Still interested in any feedback where people might be spending the night. It seems the Rose Parade causes a lot of the area hotels to book up. Thanks!!

T

On 2010-12-27 20:47, Bewitched By Tiki wrote:
Still interested in any feedback where people might be spending the night. It seems the Rose Parade causes a lot of the area hotels to book up. Thanks!!

Carrie...I posted this on page 2 of this thread...Here ya go...

Comfort Suites Rosemead‎
9488 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA‎ - (626) 228-0528‎

America's Best Inns & Suites‎- more info »
8714 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA‎ - (626) 571-6942‎

Personally, I'd go with the Comfort Inn....For those who don't know, Rosemead is not exactly Beverly Hills.

The Comfort Inn seems like the best bet.

New Year's Eve is just a few days away.
I received an email from someone who purchased tickets ,but can't make the show, so if you're interested in their tickets, please email me at [email protected]
This will most likely be our last show until at least April, as we will be going into the studio to record our new record, "Aloha, Baby !", which we will be doing a few songs from on New year's Eve.

We're looking forward to this amazing evening at Bahooka. See You there.

Remember each ticket holder will receive a pair of these....

I still have one ticket available at table 7. PM me if you want it!

TT

Maybe I missed it, but what time does this shindig start?

Just got this info in my email box...

Door Time 8:00

DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the tunes before and in between sets.

First set starts at 9:15 Second set starts at 11:00 - There will be a 30 minute intermission in between sets.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-12-28 13:22 ]

And after the first break I will be performing the marriage of Chris and Mandy (Nelsons Tiki Hut)live onstage . I have my ministers licence , parking pass and I.D. card ready .I also perform gold fish funerals . I cant wait !

Help! I need two tickets!!

J

I'm in yeah baby!! Just got two tickets!!

Anyone have one extra ticket?

T

On 2010-12-31 12:51, Tigerlily wrote:
Anyone have one extra ticket?

Krisdrama has an extra one, right ?

Yep. Still got an extra one.

TT

Here's a start with the photos...

"Someone said we're gettin' hitched tonight."

bigtikidude is showing me what he will look like after his dye job

Flaming Tiki are in disbelief

"I don't care, I'm not looking at the band."

"I'll take one of those."

"You taste like Bud Light."

Congratulations!

"I can't believe these two just let me marry them."

Caught in the act and ready for retaliation!

Not too sure who these guys were, but I think they were in a gang

Some of the very distinguished people at table 10

Marty Lush taking time out of his busy performing schedule to refuel with tiki strength

"Watch me pull a ______ out of my dress."

This is just one of the things she pulled out of her dress.

"You talkin' to me?"

"How much does a Bud Light cost if you get it in one of these mugs?"

"I got a tripod!"

These two just finished making out, but this is all I could show you.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2011-01-01 18:12 ]

Great photos from a wonderful night, Tonga Tom! Thanks for posting these.

Hey, Tikiyaki Boys! Thank you for putting on such a terrific time for all of us. Bahooka was the perfect setting for this event. It was like being at a private holiday party with dear friends. Actually, that's exactly what it was. A lovely way to toast in the New Year. And I think starting 2011 with your rousing rendition of "Viva Las Vegas" was perfect. Great to dance and hug everyone with that song!

And, the added bonus of seeing two of our beloved ohana getting married... oh sigh and smile. Congratulations to the Nelson's!

possibly the best photo I've ever taken

T

Aloha All...

It was a great night indeed.

First....Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Chris and Amanda Nelson aka Nelson's Tiki Hut for tying the knot at the show. Tiki Ray did the service and held the Book of Tiki as the "bible".
Awesome !

Thank You to everyone who spent your New Year's Eve with us, your loyalty, enthusiasm and friendship means the world to us.

Bahooka, as usual was warm and welcoming, and always great hosts....They're always great to us tiki folk, and we should keep on having events there.

I hope everyone enjoyed the new tunes, the mai tai glasses (drink responsibly, and always measure !). We'll be recording the new album "Aloha, Baby!" for the next few months, so we'll see you in April at Mojave Oasis, and May at Tiki Caliente.

Mahalo and Aloha, Baby !

JB

K

Thanks so much for such an awesome night! The music was fantastic and you can’t beat the atmosphere at the Bahooka to ring in the New Year. My wife and I had a great time and we’ve already put our Tikiyaki Mai Tai glasses to good use.

TT

More photos of the fun filled night...

"Good evening ladies & gentlemen..."

"Where did that come from?"

New Year's hugs & kisses for the band

T

Stellar shots Tom !!! Bahooka sure looks great in pics.

TT

Thank you!

Looks like you all had an awesome time...thanks for sharing the great pix.

On 2011-01-02 16:45, tikiyaki wrote:
Stellar shots Tom !!! Bahooka sure looks great in pics.

And so does the band! How great to have a "court photographer" as talented as Tom! It was a wonderful evening: To have friends all over the room, see people drink out of my mug, and then have the minister read the vows (even if only pretending) from the BOT-

• now that the good book has been used in a wedding AND a funeral, it really earned its title as the bible. :)

My favorite pic from the series is this obvious, wonderfully simple joke:

What an incredible night. Thank you SOOOOO much to everyone that made all of this night possible. Tom...I'm leaving my camera (and the drunks) at home from now on! These pictures are incredible! Extra special thanks to Jim and all the other tikiyakis for letting us crash their show! And ray...this is the last time I swear...but thank you!

Chris and Mandy tiki hut...

T

All the pictures are gone :(

T

Does that mean the wedding is voided out ? Sorry Mandy .

Couldn't let this one get lost in the technology void .....

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies