Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Congratulations BigTikiDude !!

Pages: 1 32 replies

J

For having been elected to the Board of Directors for the Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum !!

That along with your hugely successful Surf Guitar 101 convention, solidly places you as a major pillar of modern day Surf Music.

I hope you know this means you need to get a haircut, trim your beard, and get a new wardrobe. :)

I think Banana Republic is having a sale on long sleeve button down shirts and khaki pants.

bwahahahahha

no thanks.

but thanks for the congrats.

Thats is so COOOOLLLLL Jeff,major congrats!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Oct 18, 2010 8:03 AM

Congrats Jeff!

Congratulations! What an honor

you'll clean up reeeeeeeeal good!
Congrats jeff!

Wow...that's awesome! Congrats brotha!

thanks everybody.

you know if I cut my hair even shorter, and spike it up in the air,
I've really sold out.
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

Congrats Jeff.

C

Congratulations Jeff! I think an 80s polyester Hawaiian shirt two sizes too large would be more appropriate.

Caltiki

Congratz Jeff...I can't think of a better person for the job.
No one works harder in the name of Surf music that BTD.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 10:44 AM

GROG didn't know BTD surfed. Congrats BTD.

Jeff you looked good in that suit & tie! but you need a new briefcase!

as soon as you get all the coke and Money out of it,
I can use it again.

Jeff(btd)

Hey right on Jeff we chatted all night & I didn't have a clue,Congrats!

I grew up in New England and had the opportunity in 1964 to live on Oahu for a summer, mainly to learn how to surf. Back home the surf was rather dismal. Fortunately, my mom drove a lot and when I was on school vacation, she would take me across country to visit friends in Chicago, Texas, and California. Clearly, Route 66, yellow brick road of the Motor Inn! What a wonderful childhood! We had family in Redondo Beach, so I made my mom take me to Huntington Beach Pier for its surf reputation.

Of course, I had no board, but I was determined to shoot the pier. Stupid, which I knew in advance from a close view of the barnacles on the pylons. But I don't think any surfer would fault me for body surfing through them. I made past the outside pylon and kicked out right after. Better than nothing. My mom made me come out of the water at that point. She was hysterical. Heh heh. That run was just for me. No time to impress the beach girls nor vie for position with the surfers. Just a shot through the famed pier and then on home or to the hospital.

That's my connection to Huntington Beach and why I'm compelled to extend my best wishes.

If I recall correctly, when I was there it was the earliest time I ever personally saw surfers wearing helmets. They seemed like hockey helmets. I'm thinking about a third of the surfers were wearing them then.

English got me again.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2010-10-19 16:01 ]

Congrats Jeff...well deserved. Keep the hair!!! :wink:

C

I heard about this last night.

Congrats Jeff!!

All those years of hard work have layed a solid foundation for you. You are going to be great addition to the board.

Explains the new hair cut.....Congrats!

Congratulations Jeff, you’ve earned it I hope the H.B. International Surfing Museum Board pays the same as the Bell City Council. :lol:

T

Congratulations, Jeff...

A big tiki hooray for Big Tiki Dude!

H

Frank Sinatra was a member of the Board
Bigtikidude is a member of the Board

Frank Sinatra was into music
Bigtikidude is into music

Frank Sinatra was 5'7''
Bigtikidude is 6'6''

Bigtikidude is bigger
than Frank Sinatra

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Ha!!
thanks

but I'm only 6'3"
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Congrats Jeff!!! Very cool.

Pretty sure I saw jeff "suited up" and getting ready for his first board meeting!

Congarats Jeff!

Ha!!
thanks guys.

ATP.
I'm thinking maybe you have lost it.

Jeff(btd)

You look good in a Suit!

T

Congratulations Jeff!

thanks San,
what are you doing up around 4 am?
you need to post in the Can't Sleep thread.

Jeff(btd)

BTD i hope you aren't behind the hiring of this leach.

http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/2011/01/13/robert-rizzos-new-gig-parking-guard/72626/

BTW Congrats BTD on the well deserved title and I'm stoked that the museum is making an effort to track down the items i loaned them back in the 90's.

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2011-01-13 14:44 ]

Mongoloid,

No I wasn't involved in that.
I only go there once a month (during the winter) for the meetings.
quite a hub bub bout that guy though.
he's gone now.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 32 replies