Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Swap 2010...its that time of year again:) Boxes should be IN THE MAIL !! Post pics !!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

L

Naming this the "Give Thanks for Tiki" Swap its going to be as follows:

Join by November 15
Will send names by November 25
Send packages by November 30 (not any later please)

BASIC RULES:

1. Blind draw..you get who you get and you dont get upset......also its a secret so dont pm your swapper to let them know you got them

2. 1 mug for 1 mug swap. Yes we all go overboard but once again no pressure to send anything but 1 mug.

3. Will be International again. TWO NOTES: 1. if you do NOT want an international swapper please tell me so IN A PM 2. if you do get an international swapper USE THE FLAT RATE BOXES FROM THE POST OFFICE--it will save you $$$

4. If you have a NEW address or this is your first swap please send me your address when you join. For you regulars I have all that info and will verify before I send names if there is any issues

5. Join as many times as you like but....

6. Once you commit to swapping you MUST send a box. Do not leave your swapper high and dry

7. When you ship you pm me to let me know so I can cross you off the list and when you receive the box you take a pic for us all to see and post it on the thread

NEW RULES FOR THIS SWAP:

**If in the past you have failed to send your package (you know who you are!)you will not be a part of this swap

Once again since Bogielocks retired from organizing these swaps and I enjoy doing them I am more than happy to get one going every few months but in saying so one final thing ....

As a reminder these swaps are FUN and in no way should you expect to receive anything but a package from another trader. We send our duplicate mugs to someone with a bunch of schwag and if you got the same mug already then say thanks and add it to your collection. This is NOT a hard concept my fellow tiki friends to comprehend so lets give it a try this time and be happy just to have the swap to waste our time with :)

Lets make this holiday swap a positive and fun experience this time around, ok?

Now...whose in?

SWAP LIST
LeLeLiz
Bongo Bungalow
Closettiki
Tiki Shaker
Pikey's Dog
Pikey's Dog
Joe Banks
Phinz
Lighting Steve
Brandomoai
Minitor
Slacks Ferret
Black Lagoon
Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob
Unkle John
ka'lenatiki
FenrixTiki
DCMann
DCMann
Tiki-Atari
TabooDan
Pittsburgh Pauly
Trutiki
Trutiki
Naneki
Phantomtiki
Vantiki
Queen Kamehameha
House of Ku
Zerotiki
John the Mainlander
TikiPug
TikiFan1
MrSmiley
Tropical Icebergs
SneakyTiki
SneakyTiki
Atomictonytiki
Mrs.TikiPug
Krisdrama
Siverline
Psycho Tiki D
SuperEight

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-15 22:29 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-17 13:15 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-18 22:53 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-19 11:05 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-12-02 01:08 ]

I'm in.
I must be in.
If I'm not in, I'm out.
I'll not be out.
So I'm in.
Definitely, positively in.

How do we know who our swap partner is?

What day is the swap on?

Can I swap more than once?

How do you enter?

Where do we get the mugs to swap?

Buzzy Out!

L

On 2010-10-22 18:49, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
How do we know who our swap partner is?

What day is the swap on?

Can I swap more than once?

How do you enter?

Where do we get the mugs to swap?

Buzzy Out!

lol

Unless you plan on joining I REFUSE to dignify your questions with any answers Buzzy!

AND..

if you post some link to any of those Brady/Scrubs Idol tikis you have for sale on this thread its going to be war mister!

AND.......... im in

YAY

I'm in.

I'm in (x2)

JB

In.

L

Whoa look who has joined in...Mister Joe Banks...well will wonders never cease!

P

I am in this swap
I would not dream of missing
out on so much fun.

I'm in too!!

Well, alrighty...

M

On Thanksgiving Day, we can all be thankful for great Tiki swag...I'm in.

In

I'm in!

Put me in for 2! CHEERS!

Bob

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2010-10-26 05:33 ]

Count me in!

i'm in.

I had a blast last time, and already have a mug and some swag ready.

D
dcman posted on Thu, Oct 28, 2010 2:57 PM

I'm in!

dcman

I'm in! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

T

I'm down for a little swapage!!
Sign me up!

L

Bump :)

I'm in (or rather once you read my post I'll be in... I hope)

I Want to but I'm Married , Are you sure its ok, The "Schwag" part sounds exotic,I was in kaneohe in 72

On 2010-11-01 18:08, Rappah Newiee wrote:
I Want to but I'm Married , Are you sure its ok, The "Schwag" part sounds exotic,I was in kaneohe in 72

Well... "swag" just means extra related items such as postcards, stirrers, coasters, or anything like that that's come your way and fits into tiki kinda sorta. Some of us end up with stuff like that that we add to the swap just 'cause we don't mind giving it away and it's a fun surprise for the recipient. If you check out the photos in previous swap threads, you'll see that some swappers get a little crazy cleaning out their cabinets. I've received even extra tiki mugs, but as Leleliz always says, the swap is really just one tiki mug for one tiki mug, and no one in the swap should be disappointed with what they get, so long as it's a tiki mug.

T

I would like to participate x2. I'd also like to include surprises because I just love it when I get some from all the really cool mug makers out there in tiki-land. But in light of recent discussions here about tiki vs NOT, I would hate to offend anyone with the stuff that I think is delightful but another might describe as crap. I am confused, though. Isn't the kitschy little pop culture stuff what you mean by schwag?(stirrers and matchbooks notwithstanding)

L

As far as brand new members participating..unfortunately if you dont have 15 or more posts on TC then you may participate next go around.

I am not setting people up with swap partners only to have them get the shaft and then have to deal with all of that. We do these swaps to get to know fellow tiki central members-if you dont participate by even posting an introduction so people know who you are and what you are into then participating in these swaps loses its meaning.**

As far as what to send......we have many threads to illustrate how these swaps play out so please feel free to look at them for inspiration.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36357&forum=5&181
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31274&forum=5&216

**and yes if I take all the time to set this up and track everything I can come up with ways to make it easier on me. This is one of them.

T

My apologies. I did not see the limitation in the rules. Attribute that to rushing through, I suppose. Never mind.

L

On 2010-11-03 15:46, trutiki wrote:
My apologies. I did not see the limitation in the rules. Attribute that to rushing through, I suppose. Never mind.

Well you are fine and have been added to the list :)

Thank you for joining up.

I never wanted to put any limit on who could participate because the swap is just supposed to be fun but the past 3 swaps have been getting worse and worse with people NOT sending their stuff so I needed to come up with some way to get that to stop - hoping it works this time!

T

Thank you so much for including me despite my few posts and lack of introduction. You can count on me for follow through. I am staring at my intended senders as I type this. The boxes are stacked in the corner with packing materials. I am squirreling away all the cool stuff I can find for this and future swaps.

There's more, but no need to bore you. Rest assured I will provide a worthy swap.

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-11-03 17:06 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-11-03 19:15 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-11-07 17:46 ]

Just a thought, could everyone involved post their ooga mooga account? This way if you have an account you can see at a glance if the mug you are sending is in their collection.

Paul

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=2331

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2010-11-03 20:40 ]

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2010-11-07 07:48 ]

I'm in too! The summer swap was great! Got a great mug. Looking forward to the Winter tiki season!

On 2010-11-03 20:40, blacklagoon wrote:
Just a thought, could everyone involved post their ooga mooga account? This way if you have an account you can see at a glance if the mug you are sending is in their collection.

Paul

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/collection.cgi?mode=gallery

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2010-11-03 20:40 ]

This is a good idea. I plan to pay for my ooga mooga account once I get moved into the new place. My plan its to do that somewhere in the vicinity of the 15th, so the timing should work out.

T

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-11-07 13:54 ]

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=367

I do have other mugs beyond this. But I'm just elitist enough to not submit every single sub-par (ie. Accoutrements & Shonfields) mug I own.

U

Would love to participate this time but away from home for a few weeks. Wishing everyone a successful swap. Ukutiki

L

anyone else???

How much longer do we have to decide?

Buzzy Out!

L

On 2010-11-08 20:32, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
How much longer do we have to decide?

Buzzy Out!

until the 15th. I will email you a countdown clock complete with Jeopardy theme music :)

T

I am in for another trade. I always have fun.

Thanx Liz for organizing again.

Sounds like fun. I'd like to join in also if possible. :)

Z

In, in, IN!

mahalos for doing this once again, Liz!
~Zero

D

I already signed up for one trade, but changed my mind. Put me in for 2 !!!!!!!!!

That's TWO! I'll do a second trade TOO !!!!!

dcman

M

I'm in.
I do have a question-does it have to be a mug? I have a cool Trader Vic's plate I can send.
Either way I have something.

V

Just stumbled on this thread - what an awesome idea!
I'm totally in. I don't have an ooga mooga account, but since I only have 4 tiki mugs (sad but true) the odds of me getting a duplicate are quite low :)

Henrik "VanTiki"

PS - Mahalo Liz for organizing! You get extra Aloha Points!

[ Edited by: VanTiki 2010-11-12 17:19 ]

Aloha Liz! Toss me IN also. :)

I have a real knack for sending people what they already have, so I'm apologizing in advance! I do promise to pack in some variety... and a decorated box to brighten your mailman's day.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies