Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Swap 2010...its that time of year again:) Boxes should be IN THE MAIL !! Post pics !!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

Great idea about Ooga-Mooga - been meaning to join so this was the perfect reason to do so...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=2182

no pictures up yet, but the majority of what I have are on there.

Z

Not many that I own, but I am too poor to upgrade right now...
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=1175

There is a slightly more comprehensive list n my site, zerotiki.com
~Zero

On 2010-11-04 18:46, FenrixTiki wrote:

On 2010-11-03 20:40, blacklagoon wrote:
Just a thought, could everyone involved post their ooga mooga account? This way if you have an account you can see at a glance if the mug you are sending is in their collection.

Paul

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/collection.cgi?mode=gallery

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2010-11-03 20:40 ]

This is a good idea. I plan to pay for my ooga mooga account once I get moved into the new place. My plan its to do that somewhere in the vicinity of the 15th, so the timing should work out.

Ooga Mooga updated! Consider this bump a reminder to those who have not yet.

I'm too cheap to upgrade to a trader account (yes, that cheap!) but I've updated my home bar thread, if my trader is at all concerned. I wouldn't sweat it, though. Worst case scenario is that I get a mug I already have and I'd be happy to use it in the next swap!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35997&forum=20&start=last#end

The ooga-mooga link to John the Mainlander's tiki treasures:
(I'm putting some more trade stuff up today)

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=1618

L

MrSmiley-so glad to have you onboard. It is a mug swap so please try to send at least one mug to your trader. I do know that whatever you send will be amazing!

VanTiki-yay! Glad to have you sign up also.

TikiPug--just one swap entry for you? Does the Mrs. want to swap as well? Please let me know :)

John the Mainlander - I am assuming since you are listing your Ooga-Mooga you are in? Let me know if I am incorrect!

Freddie - glad to have you again. I remember seeing what you sent Psycho Tiki D last time and drooling:)

Few more days to throw your hat it the ring so please jump on in to the fun :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-13 11:19 ]

I would like to be "in" for once in mah life, sob! :wink:
Please put me down for 2 swappers, yippie!!!!

I've enjoyed reading these swap threads and thought it was time to participate, so sign me up!

Yes I am in too.
Thanx Liz, at least someone remembers me :)

L

On 2010-11-13 23:51, Mrs. TikiPug wrote:
Yes I am in too.
Thanx Liz, at least someone remembers me :)

lol

Gotta love that husband of yours :wink:

I'd like to swap too! Almost missed the cutoff date! Funny, I was just updating my Ooga Mooga list today. It was meant to be!
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=207

[ Edited by: krisdrama 2010-11-15 01:11 ]

T

I don't have an ooga mooga account either, but my collection is small. I can try to get one set up in the next day or so if I can. :)

L

I dont have an Ooga Mooga but whatever I get is always fine :)

Just another day or so and we will be locked down for swappers. Please join in the fun and feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

Count me in! Should be really interesting!

L

LAST CALL KIDS!!

I can't miss this one. Count me in Liz.

L

Ok entry into the swap is closed.

I will get everyone's swap partners to them no later than Friday night.(I am having computer problems at the moment)

If you see between now and then you have a pm on here please check it as it may be from me verifying mailing info.

Otherwise hang tight !

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-17 10:00 ]

Z

Just so anyone knows:
I already love what you are sending me, anonymous person!
:)

[[[((8-0))]]]
(-)

L

I am waiting on some mailing addresses. Please get those to me asap for the folks I pm'd. I have made a few matches and should have everyone done by Friday.

Thanks y'all!

T

PM'd you my addy.

Also.. I'm stoked about participating in this and seeing as how my collection is quite small, I'm very confident I'll be pleased with whatever my mystery trader sends.

Mahalo!
~ Tikifan1 ~

Mug Swap! Sounds like fun!
Sign me up.

Buzzy Out!

T

Giving stuff to people who appreciate the kind of stuff you do is so much fun.

I'm happy with anything, so please don't worry if you get me. I mostly entered to share some of my tiki stuff (term very loosely applied). As long as you have a sense of humor you'll enjoy what I send. Deadly serious historians will need to suck it up and take one for the mass-tiki-team. No offense intended. Btw, you will get a mug, too.

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/collection.cgi?mode=gallery

Just a note to my swap partner:

I only collect mugs by Crazy Al, and one offs and APs by other prominent tiki artists.
I'd would settle for an original Tiki Bob or one of those Bumaytays, however.

Liz, could you pm me the tracking number for my package. I can't wait!

thanks,
Buzzy Out!

L

Buzz I had a Steve Crane bird bowl for you but knew it was not good enough to find a home in the mound of sawdust you call your house so I am going to do you a favor and keep it here :)

EVERYONE...

I am waiting on a few addresses still but more swaps have been sent out

*PLEASE REMEMBER
When you ship DO NOT post it on this thread. Please just pm me so I can mark you off my list and we can keep it a surprise.

Use LOTS of bubble wrap

International shippers - go to the post office and get a flat rate shipping box and pack your swap in that. It will save you BIG $$$

Send NO LATER than 30th of November. If you have any issues with this pm me please.

DO NOT leave your swapper high and dry. If you dont send you suck :) Lets start the holiday season off right please.

Any questions PM me .

Mahalo all around .....should get everyone paired up by tomorrow night.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-18 22:57 ]

M

OOF, I searched the person who I am get to send a mug to and that person already has awesome stuff!
Maybe they don't have the leilani mug I cracked the other day! :)

PS-if you get me I am looking forward to my new addition! ZAZZ.

Could anyone shipping International packages (especially to the UK) please declare the contents as a low value Gift...

One of the last trades I got was declared at $50 and ended up costing me $30 in additional charges (Tax and handling fee).

I'd better start packing my two trades... hopefully those receiving will be happy with the variety of items I've squirreled away in anticipation of this swap!

L

On 2010-11-19 07:53, Pikeys Dog wrote:
Could anyone shipping International packages (especially to the UK) please declare the contents as a low value Gift...

One of the last trades I got was declared at $50 and ended up costing me $30 in additional charges (Tax and handling fee).

Good point! Lie on the custom form !! Make it like a $20 package. Who would EVER pay more for the crap we collect anyways :wink:

L

Swaps have been sent.

If you did NOT receive a name its because I need your address so please PM that to me ASAP (you know who you are!)

Please keep in mind the fun factor.

Just because some of us have massive collections does not mean we dont appreciate the effort you take to put together a box for us.

The sooner you send the sooner pics will start showing up but please send NO LATER THAN November 30

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-19 12:49 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 19, 2010 12:02 PM

GROG want to swap with Bai! :D

L

All swaps have now been sent.

Please be sure to PM me (NOT post on the thread) when you ship.

Happy Swapping!

L

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-19 23:18 ]

Z

This is already so much fun! I am enjoying putting together my best box yet!

~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-11-21 12:28 ]

So, I've been waffling on whether or not to post my ooga-mooga account. My thinking was that I should leave it up to the tiki gods on what someone sends and not to influence it. My thinking now is, heck, why not. My first instinct when I got my tradee name was to look for their ooga-mooga, so how bad could it be?
So, should anyone be interested, here's mine (sans duplicates in most cases):

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=1567

T

I too have an Ooga Mooga account but it is far from complete. It's only about 1/6 of our collection.
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=14

Mrs. Pug and I will love whatever we receive in our trades.

Peace Out

Is it too late to sign up for the Holiday Swap??

L

On 2010-11-21 16:11, WooHooWahine wrote:
Is it too late to sign up for the Holiday Swap??

I'm sorry Woohoo...everyone has been sent and people have already started swapping.

I will message you next time directly to see if you want to participate :)

P
phinz posted on Sun, Nov 21, 2010 5:54 PM

Good point! Lie on the custom form !! Make it like a $20 package. Who would EVER pay more for the crap we collect anyways :wink:

The package I send will only be worth $10. I swear. :wink:

Got mine all packed!! Cool thing about the Ooga Mooga link on my person's post, it lead me to a mug on their wish list, a mug that I actually have an extra of, I hope they like it and the extra goodies!

Paul

L

Phinz
Dcman
Tropical icebergs
Phantomtiki
John the mainlander
Pikeys dog - 1 box

your boxes are on their way

Grog please send me your mailing address in a PM....I have had a special request :)

Don't forget international shippers. Use flat rate boxes if possible and declare a cheap amount on contents!

Also...get tracking or at least delivery confirmation on what you send. Was it last swap where a neighbor took the box...opened it...ate the chocolate....and then the receipient managed to get the mugs back in the end? Anyways tracking let's us know if it has been received and magically walked away....

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-22 12:03 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-22 21:30 ]

That was my friend Crushenstein's sketchy neighbor that stole the chocolates, and reluctantly returned the tiki mugs. Tweaker neighbor has since moved away. Don't let what happened to crushenstein happen to you, my tiki-friends..

[ Edited by: PhantomTiki 2010-11-22 17:05 ]

L

SHIPPED ON TUESDAY NOV 23

Sideshow Bob
Lightning Steve
Ka'lenatiki
Psycho Tiki D
Brandomoai

Thanks everyone for starting to get these out to people early.
Remember we want to try to get them sent by the 30th so that is your deadline.

:)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-11-23 14:58 ]

M

I just sent my swap out!

OOPS- I was supposed to PM and not post--my error!!

On 2010-11-19 21:46, leleliz wrote:

Please be sure to PM me (NOT post on the thread) when you ship.

Happy Swapping!

On 2010-11-23 14:17, mrsmiley wrote:
I just sent my swap out!

Crack(ed) Ho

T

I'm away for the holiday weekend so unfortunately the 30th will have to do this time. Good things will come to those who wait.

L

Sent as of Friday Nov 26...
Mr.Smiley
Zerotiki
Mrs. Tiki Pug
Closettiki
Tiki Atari
Super 8

Please get these boxes sent between now and the 30th!

Today the Postman rang our chimes, the dogs went into the mailman happy dance, and I received a package from Canada. A package from my 2008 Holiday swap trader Brandomoai. He made a great goddie box, it had mugs, and swizzles, and Rum...yes it had Rum and and more things...but I'm stuck on the Rum. I'm looking for the perfect drink to toast a thank you to him for all the other things..and the "Rum"...did I mention "Rum". If anyone received any Rum and they don't want it..I've made room on the shelf for more, feel free to send it along. I will post pictures and a complete listing of my goodies later...I just wanted to take this quick moment and announce the arrival of the "Rum" and the package from Brandomoai.. "Thank You".....8)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies