Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Swap 2010...its that time of year again:) Boxes should be IN THE MAIL !! Post pics !!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

Just in case tikipug never posts that his package was received since he hasn't PM'd me:

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 0310 2010 0001 4926 4672

Service Type: Parcel Post Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time

Delivered HENDERSON NV 89074 12/21/10 8:47am

Arrival at Post Office HENDERSON NV 89012 12/21/10 4:19am

Acceptance NAMPA ID 83651 12/06/10 4:30pm

Yes he received it, and yes I shipped it 15 days before it arrived, and yes Liz notified him it was en route weeks ago.
Thanks,

S
T

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-12-22 21:07 ]

I like swaps.
I like that Liz organizes these things.
There's a whole bunch of great folks on TC, I'd say almost everyone.

i second

On 2010-12-22 19:08, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
I like swaps.
I like that Liz organizes these things.
There's a whole bunch of great folks on TC, I'd say almost everyone.

I think everyone that participates likes the swaps. Otherwise why would they join?

What I don't like are whiners and people exaggerating... Not checking my PM's for 4 days leading to complaints, and people assuming the worst about someone that has participated in many swaps and been a member since early 2003.

I don't come on TC much any more precisely because there are so many whiny people.
There were people posting daily whining on previous swaps about not getting their packages yet as well...disgusting!
At first you'd think they were kidding but then their daily posts made you realize they really are that impatient, immature, and just ...well..lame!

There have, by now, been at least a couple of people skunked on swaps, and they were always well taken care of by the TC Ohana in the end.
Nevertheless, some people seem to thrive off the public spectacle of portraying themselves as a victim and the chance to participate in Jr. High style bad-mouthing...

If the organizers want to collect personal email addresses for future swaps that would be great...keep I.D. a secret and if there is any problem pass off the email to the receiver and let them communicate first hand with the sender instead of bludgeoning the organizer with daily complaints and questions... I also agree that requiring shipping confirmation info. from the get go would render much of this moot... Let people get angry at the post office and not the person that sent in good faith, notified the organizer that they sent, and is trying to follow the rules by not revealing their I.D.

A note to some: There are many of us who sometimes go months without checking their PM's and think doing so every 4 or 5 days when a swap or some such is in progress is quite enough. T.C. is great but it isn't the center of everyone's universe nor do we owe anyone a daily check in.

I don't think anyone else is responsible for my having a fun swap. I ship off goodies and expect nothing in return but a mug... if I don't ever get it I bet TC will send me some tiki love somehow or other and short of that.. it is just a mug... I will survive, and I probably won't get shafted often as this community polices itself rather well.

Happy Solstice!

ST

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-12-22 21:09 ]

L

SneakyTiki Tikipug has received your box but is traveling for the holidays with no access to a computer.

I texted him to check .

I know Unkle John and Pikey's Dog are both waiting for their "delayed because it has to do with being mailed international-not to give away anyone's swap partner" packages. I have talked to both and they are aware and understand the mail.

Is there anyone else waiting?

Please let me know.

Thank you leleliz!

Z

I'm waiting...
for next year's swap!
:D
~Zero

Hey Leliz!

Thanks for setting this up!!!!

I had a Blast!

CHEERS!

Bob

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2010-12-28 06:43 ]

T

This was my first and hopefully not my last swap. The collecting and curating of components for my own swaps was the best part of it all. Already have begun squirreling away a lot of fun stuff for the next one. The only problem for me is that when I see a cool thing for a swap I end up deciding that I want it for my own oddball collection. Far too many things keep finding their way out of that swap cabinet and into my world!

Thanks for organizing this, Leleliz. And thanks to all you uber creative and terrifically generous Tcers out there who with your photos have given me inspiration for tracking down even more tiki fun out there.

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-12-28 10:32 ]

Thanks again, Liz! Had a blast as always. And hey, I learned new things about shipping internationally (like how to do it).
Got a new horde of bric-a-brac for the next swap thanks to some holiday thrifting, too!

L

Glad you guys were happy with your swapping experience :)

Still waiting on 2 more folks to confirm packages so I hope the postal service gets to getting on with it!

Aloha, Y'all!

After the holidays I start to feel down, I'm sure many of you can relate. Yesterday was one of those days, that is... until I stepped out to check my mail. Sitting perfectly on my front door step was a little package waiting patiently for me to find it. Quickly, I picked it up in the fear that the neighbor kid might snatch it with my back turned. I dashed inside and took my trust pocket knife out and started to slit the sides. The knife seemed to glide over the tape, then I noticed the stamp. It was a Royal stamp, that meant my Secret Santa was from the UK! My mind raced at the possibilities that could be possessed in this box. After opening the box, I quickly set them up in this display to show you and so that I could look at everything at once.

Many Mahalos to Pikeys Dog (Joe)!!

The tiger stripped Trader Dick's Moai is a beaut! I didn't have this one and am proud to add it to the collection. The vintage coasters and vintage (reprint) post cards are awesome as well. I love anything vintage, and being a graphic artist, I have a fondness for certain types of vintage advertisements. The frame and matte are a beautiful addition as well and really shows off the colors in that card. The red swizzles are from The Beachcomber, and I'm assuming the paddles are too. The two matchbooks from the Beachcomber in Ontario, Canada. Last but not least, a little uke player! Tonight, Joe, I drink a London Sour to your generosity!

I want to thank Liz for putting this together and I look forward to the next trade. I will be thinning my collection down in a few months and I need stuff to go to good homes!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2010-12-29 22:20 ]

phew! glad it arrived at long last...

Still waiting on mine - but that could be down to the Holiday mail/terrorist action/severe weather backlogs.

PD

Good news!

It's finally arrived!

Reason for delay - Surface Mail is extremely sloooow from Canada.

Bad news!

Whilst bubble wrap had been used, it wasn't up to the task in hand - Surface Mail is notoriously rough on packages - it's all those weeks being tossed about at Sea.... the Molokai Mule just couldn't Weather the Storms.

Fortunately everything else came out of the parcel in Ok condition (the Napkin holder required a little straightening)

Still, a very enjoyable trade yet again.

Thanks to Liz for taking the time to organise, and to both the traders for the cool items I received.

L

Pikeys Dog you have got to be the most patient and understanding person on TikiCentral!

Glad it arrived...sorry to hear about the breakage.

The swap is done now.

SO glad!!

Those Daga Molokai Mule mugs are pretty solid - the post office really did a job on that package :(

I've been so impatiently waiting to see how this was gonna end. Sorry to see the Molakai Mule got busted en route. I'm gonna make this up to you Pikey's Dog!

Wish I had put my hat in when I had the chance ... over all seems like this was a good thing. Good on leleliz for organizing this, it's never easy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies