Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

James MacArthur "Danno" Hawaii 5-0 Passes Away at 72

Pages: 1 18 replies

A sad day indeed, the cast is back together.
RIP Danno

On 2010-10-28 10:34, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
A sad day indeed, the cast is back together.
RIP Danno

Amen. RIP James MacArtur.

A

Ouch, that's sad. Seems like a lot of bummer news in 2010. James MacArthur always looks so vigorous in recent photos and appearances, and in every picture he still has that slight twinkle in his eye. It's the same twinkle you can just barely perceive when Danno dutifully carries out an order from McGarrett ("go stand in the open and draw their fire while we watch from behind this car"). Sad to see him go.

Here's a little seven degrees of TC thing. Reading from the link above, that his mother was actress Helen Hayes, reminded me that she used to be a regular at the Fairmont Hotel's pre-Tonga Room swimming pool. This fact is on the Tonga Room history webpage (which I recently read, stirred up by the discussion of its fate)...

The Fairmont created an indoor 75-foot swimming pool on its Terrace Level in 1929. Known as the Fairmont Terrace Plunge, the elaborate tile pool attracted local crowds as well as celebrities such as actress Helen Hayes

-Randy

Very sad and I didn't know he left the show before the final season.

OK, my day is officially ruined now
My new car stops working last night after rehearsal, and now this...
What a shitty week.

R.I.P James. I was really looking forward to you making an appearance on the new 5-0.

Man, 72 is WAY too young to go.

DAMN !

James MacArthur always came off as such a nice, unassuming guy. I wrote him an email a couple years back complimenting him on his work and it was nice of him to take the time and respond.

"The Bedford Incident" (1965)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058962/

Turner Classic Movies aired this movie a few years ago and I was impressed to see the "pre-Danno" MacArthur on screen with the likes of Poitier and Widmark.

R.I.P.

J

A sad day indeed. The last of the Five-O crew heads to the big luau in the sky.

James was a pretty good actor and a class act. Its hard to imagine Hawaii Five-O without Danny. Probably impossible.

RIP James. One last time for you- Book em Danno!

T

Aloha, Mr. MacArthur.

Mahalo Danno, R.I.P you have touched so many lives.

Book 'em Danno...we will miss you. :(

Bury Him (Danno)

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-10-28 23:01 ]

T

Dano welcome to Central Booking in Heaven! THortiki

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Oct 29, 2010 3:19 AM

Don't forget the other time Mr. McArthur found himself on a tropical island when he played Fritz on the Disney version of Swiss Family Robinson

My favorite James McArthur movie would have to be The LoveIns where Mr. McArthur protects young innocent college student played by Susan Oliver from LSD crazed hippies.

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

The actor who played Brent on the pilot episode of Hawaii Five -o passed away on Sunday, Nov 28

IMDB: Hawaii Five-o Pilot

The actor did a screen test for Ben-Hur

Ben-Hur Screen Test

He was also in the MAS*H TV show, Route 66 and played the captain of the The Poseidon in The Poseidon Adventure.

Leslie Nielsen will be greatly missed. And don't call him Shirley.

Pages: 1 18 replies