Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Xmas ornaments

Pages: 1 13 replies

I'm looking for ornaments for my tree this year. Does anyone know where I can fine tiki Xmas ornaments?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 19, 2010 12:17 PM

A number of the Tiki carvers on this site have Tiki pendants. If you buy the pendants, you easily make them into ornaments.

Here's a link to Kirby's pendant page on his website:
http://kirbysisland.com/pendants.htm

If you're looking for classic glass ornaments, there aren't too many out there. Radko made a few, including this set from 2004:

I kinda like the one on the left, but the others are too much like Party City tikis for my taste. Plus they only come up rarely on eBay and they're very expensive ($85 for the three above was the last auction).

I like GROG's idea better - use a pendant from one of the artists here or convert an old Coco Joe's pendant or keychain.

Here are some made by Polynesiac:

Here's a design from last year:

And here's another:

If you're all good, maybe he'll have a new one for this year.

[edited to add last image.]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2010-11-19 13:18 ]

And a few more made by Rob Hawes...
http://mauitikitours.com/postcards.html

Not strictly Tiki, but in Macy's the other day I noticed a Martha Stewart tree done all in glass shells, starfish, etc, AND PUFFERFISH! Could work some in with the flotsam and jetsam around actually Tikis.

Edit: Just googled "pufferfish ornament" and there's way more... from $2.50-$20.00. Googling tiki and ornament, not so good.

[ Edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2010-11-19 15:11 ]

Found this Fish Float Christmas tree ornament this past weekend in Atlanta, what a scream.

Paul

J

They are out there. A few years ago I found a new one in the shape of a miniature classic Tiki mug with the requisite umbrella sticking out. This little hip gift shop in Dc was selling them along with other cool/retro type ornaments. I also grabbed a some atomic starburst ones.

Lake Surfer is selling some real nice ones, look at the bottom of this page: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18597&forum=7&start=1860&1870

M

You can easily turn the Trader Vic's Menehune swizzles I am selling into Christmas tree ornaments!! The wooden stick pulls out easy and attach a loop to the top knot, and hang on your tree. ZAZZ!
Click on my ebay link below....

We make ornaments although most of them end up hanging from our friends hotrods. We've been sold out of tiki ones for a while (working on making more today!) but we do a lot of these types of skullies

We do custom ornaments with only a min order of 6. Been a lot of fun this season making some neat stocking stuffers for folks.

before I had a carver all my own I had some tiki air fresheners that I would use in my car and then save for my tree. They were done on balsa wood, they look good. Got those at Target.

those are great! Maybe next year we should have a carver ornament exchange.

Pages: 1 13 replies