Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Rest in Peace, Jay (partner to Tikiwinebear)

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha Ohana! After a 5 year battle with cancer, my partner, Jay, has passed from us. He was a trooper between his chemo and radiation treatments and kept an optimistic lookout, but his body could just take so much. Recently, the cancer metastasized from his throat and chest area to his lower back, pelvis, and legs. After our trip to Maui over his birthday in late October, his body started shutting down and his pain increased. Hospice took over on Wednesday, and he passed peacefully and comfortably early Saturday morning. I will miss him dearly.

Mahalo for everyone's support and positive thoughts over these past few years. I know TikiKate is showing him around right now. :)

Aloha!
Myke

Myke I am sorry for you loss. CANCER SUCKS! :x

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Nov 28, 2010 4:44 PM

Prayers to you and your partner...may loving white light surround you during this time of healing.

Myke - Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

So sorry to see this sad news.

Deepest sympathy to you.

Myke-sending out prayers and hugs your way.

L

My deepest sympathies on your loss xoxox

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 28, 2010 11:21 PM

Sorry for your loss, Myke.

So sorry, I hope you are surrounded by friends and family that can support you. You are welcome to visit us whenever you are ready. We lost Dan's dad to cancer a few months ago, hospice helped us greatly. Wendy and Dan

My thoughts are with you...take care.

So sorry for your loss. Try and reflect on all the good life experiences you guys had. Such terrible news.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to cancer many years ago, but my father passed away this past year, so loss is still a bit fresh for me.

Just remember, everyone has to die, but not everyone has to love and be loved. The two of you were very lucky to have each other.

Tikiwinebear, I'm really so very sorry to hear about your loss. My husband just finished radiation therapy after being diagnosed with cancer in August.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Myke. I remember meeting you and Jay years ago at Marlene's and you both struck me as wonderful people. You are in my thoughts.
Brenda

M

Inky and I were saddened to hear about this when we were in Kona. Hang in there buddy- we send our love!

S
squid posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2010 3:10 PM

Myke-
So very sorry for your loss. You were obviously very fortunate to have had each other. :)

Dave

Mahalo nui loa for all your kind words. You are one wonderful Ohana!!! Hope to see you all soon.

Aloha
Myke

Pages: 1 16 replies