Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls w/ The Tequila Worms @ Don the Beachcomber! 12/18 (UPDATED WITH VENDORS)

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

Too much fun. That gal can dance! I can't wait til next time.....

Even though you might not have made it to the last show that we played at Don the Beachcomber, you can pretend that you did, with this hand screened gig poster! Three color, signed and numbered, limited edition of 39. Get them at The Hula Girls' web store!

http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/the-hula-girls-with-the-tequila-worms-at-don-the-beachcomber-sunset-beach-poster

HT

Anyone interested in a frame for the Hula Girls poster from DTB sat Dec 18 please pm HB TIKI, only 2 left

R

aww thanx guys! How cool (I had hoped someone took a pic of us dancing)
:wink:

I will post a few of the show here myself soon but for now, you can always go to my Facebook page and see them in my "Hula/Tequilla show" album.
:)

TK

Happy New Year, tiki aficionados!

I'm SO behind in posting this, but wanted to say what an awesome time we had at this show! In fact, I had more fun than one girl should be allowed. I even stepped in for the restaurant hostess for a spell....honest......

Heehee.

We loved the show's format, with vendors in the adjoining room, and the band facing that direction. It made it so that you could be in either room and still be very much a part of the party. The Hula Girls had us rockin' around the Christmas tree, and Dinah was enchanting as always. That wahine has some stamina! Bong deserves special mention for looking uber-swanky in his sharkskin suit, too.

We'd never seen the Tequila Worms before, but they blew everyone away. Great show, and kudos to everyone who had a part in it.

NOTE: We ended up going home without 2 CD's we picked up that night (a Dynotones CD I bought, and a Tequila Worms CD that I won), and with a few records that aren't ours! LOL - I know, I'm becoming infamous for leaving stuff at shows, but this is the first time I've actually grabbed someone elses stuff! The records are 2 Peter Moon and 2 Kanapala. They were handed to us at closing time by a slightly intoxicated friend who picked them up from a table in the High Chief's room, thinking they were ours (not sure why he thought that....unless it was 'cause I'm always leaving stuff everywhere). We didn't want to leave them there to get lost, but I never meant for it to be almost 3 weeks before I logged in to post about them. My apologies to the owner! Please PM me or reply here if they're yours, and I'll get them to you. Also, if anyone ended up with our CD's, we'd love to see those again one day. :wink:

Cheers!

Just bumping this in the hopes of finding the owner of the records we came home with - see my post immediately above this.

Thanks!

HT

Some pictures from Dec 18 when one of my favorite band played at DON The Beachcomber with ventors put on by hard working Jeff BTD.

thanks Roger,
what no pics of the Tequila Worms?
they rocked the house.
you were probably in bed by the time they went on.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

In the first pic... RUM BARREL!
Amazing photos, HB! Thanks for posting!!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies