Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Beachbumz Ceramic Tiki Creations From Maui (aka Tikipop)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

The puffer and PNG are great, love the bright "object" colors against the more muted tikis ~ that really makes them POP!

On 2012-05-09 20:28, MadDogMike wrote:
The puffer and PNG are great, love the bright "object" colors against the more muted tikis ~ that really makes them POP!

Thanks Mike, That's what I was hoping for when I was glazing them.. I loved the outcome of these two..

Been awhile since I posted anything new, been busy with da keiki out of school and work.. etc.. Finally got a chance to get some pictures together of a few of the mugs and troffs that I have finished in the last month.. The Moai mugs are from an old vintage mold that Mauitiki and bought and have been making in a variety of woodgrains and colors..

Here's the last one I was working on after glazing him..
"Stubby" Tongo..

Da Beachcomber with Da float and Da Skull

A few of Da Moai

Couple new Troff's

and a new style I'm working on with a pineapple bowl that needs more cleanup and then will be fired..

Dat's about it, Anyone coming to Maui??? Come on out and say Aloha to us!!
:D :drink:

Beach Bumz Maui

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-08-07 17:28 ]

Scott,
the new Troff's are awesome !

Nice work, Just something classic about those Moai mugs.

S

Lovin' that woodgrain Moai and the pineapple bowl is awesome. Nice work as usual Scott.

On 2012-07-11 00:54, HelveTiki wrote:
Scott,
the new Troff's are awesome !

Thanks Renee, I'm really liking this new style as well, It's really solid feeling..

ATP, Ya the Moai's are so much fun to make, since there from a 1963 mold Mauitiki and I went in on which is like brand new, there's not much clean up on these.. Just fun to make..

Mahalo's Brada Robbie!! What getting excited about that trip??? Might be taking you up on that floor offer... :wink: Aloha

The pineapple is going to look great when it's done and I love the reverse face in the bottom of the troff

Way cool

Where have I been while you've been making such terrific tiki art. I love all of it. The glazes are wonderful. Wendy

Thanks Mike, not sure about the glazing of the pineapple, gotta do a test next firing maybe..
Mahalo Hang10!!
Wendy, I know were you been.. Either in your studio pouring molds or carving Bobs or making Awesome War God creations or......... :wink:Mahalo's Wendy!

Just a couple new one's I started this week,

"Tri-Foota's"

Super, super, super cool. I want them both, Wendy

I like the one on the right best - big traditional tiki, nice authentic tapa. An instant classic

B

On 2012-07-19 07:57, danlovestikis wrote:
Super, super, super cool. I want them both, Wendy

There bags are packed Wendy, just waiting for the plane to leave... Off to Tiki Heaven!

Thanks Mike, I like that one better as well as that was my Tongo design just a little smaller...

Well I got the Tri-foota buckets out and the Pineapple bowl, and a few new Moai that I have been making using an old vintage 1963 mold that I bought.. The glaze on the Tri Foota's didn't do exactly what I wanted them to do but I like them anyways.. I was going for more of a Rusty Orange on the tapa but I think I messed up when I did a light overspray of another color and it made them all darker.. Oh Well.. :)
Anyways here's a few pictures of them..

AlohA!

"TikiPop" On Instagram

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2014-07-25 02:33 ]

Just a few more I finished since I posted last..

Made this Skull Tongo for Halloween

This mug is one I pieced together that I've been using for a Troff style I'm making.. I wasn't sure he'd make it because I noticed after I bisque fired it I saw the part lines that I thought were cracks but after glazing him he came out alright except the red ran way to much, wanted it thick like lava, oh well onto the drawing board.. :wink:

Here's the Troff using the same Tiki..

I added a puka shell necklace for a little bling..

Unfortunately the red glaze didn't come out again as expected and thinned way out, I had to cold paint the red and bake it on..

So far the Da Beachcomber has found a few puffer's, many netted floats, a couple skulls, shrunken heads and even a png shield.. This time he combed a new land and found a funny little monkey wearing a fez.. What's next?? :wink:

Mahalo's for checking them out! Beachbumz

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-10-12 01:47 ]

Very nice!

That's a darling monkey. What's next? You tease! Wendy

S

Monkey wearing a fez rocks.

H

Your pieces are beautifully executed and very nice.

Awesome work bro..... Love the glaze and detail

What are you up too now? Wendy

HT

I saw these start on Instagram, but haven't been able to see the final pieces.
Love them, as always. Especially those bowls.

I want to get a Beachcomber when I visit Maui in August. (We're cruising around Hawaii.) Either holding a glass float or a puffer or a shaved ice if you have any then. If I come by your shop might you be there?!?!? That would be way cool. Please advise. I'd love to meet the artist who creates all these masterpieces!

:)
Lori

Lori, you are one lucky woman if you can visit MauiTiki and Beachbumz. If you overnight on Oahu visit La Mariana and Gecko'z home. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy,

I'll have to get in touch with Gecko when we're closer to our visit and I'm ABSOLUTELY not missing LaMariana! If you have any other suggestions shoot me a message!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies