Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Beachbumz Ceramic Tiki Creations From Maui (aka Tikipop)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

Perfect!!!

Creepy good. I love your glazes. Wendy

B

That is Fantastic... That headhunter version is awesome. On the WANT list!

[ Edited by: bavtech 2012-03-26 06:44 ]

Looking good BB!

Professor G, MadDog, Wendy, bavtech, ATP, formerly CTIT.. :wink: Thanks for all that, he was the first one ever I did so I was stoked on the way he came too.. Mahalo Again..

Here's a couple more I started carving this week.. These Beachcombers needed a drink after a long day of beachcombing..:)

Got this idea from another member on here that thought it would be cool fro him to be holding Bob, so I turned him into mini mug..

This one I'm carving today here at work...
Thinking of a shape...

And a few hours later....

Not sure if I'll leave him smooth or possibly give him a lava rock texture..

Thanks for checking them out, aloha!

LOVE, love, LOVE your mugs! Just wanted to let you know. So many artists here on TC are amazing and you are one of them! Will you be making more of your Local Boy with the Shaved Ice? I'd love to get one for myself!

Rockin mugs

B

Well dude those are awesome also.... The bob and Moai are so cool!

OK... SOOOO How do we get one!

S

That Tongo with the Moai is AWESOME Scott. Will he be hollow on top to drink from? You need to at least carve out a little bit from the top of his head so you can put some OP rum in it and set it on fire.

We all love Bob! Every one you do is just terrific. This is a very wonderful run of mugs. Wendy

Mahalo's LoriLovesTiki, It's because of all these amazing artists that I do what I do, I learned so much from hanging out here on TC.. I might do some more Local Boys later on pm me anytime if you see one you like..
Thanks again hang10tiki!
bavtech, mahalos too, I usually sell them through here on TC or ooga-mooga and also at our shop and eBay too..
Wendy, I learn from the best.. :wink: Mahalos to you!
Swizzle, I thought you'd like the BoB design more...:wink:Sorry bad picture of that Moai, they both are holding mini mugs complete w da holes, perfect for the OP rum or ??

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-03-28 18:33 ]

B

Finally got a chance to start the glazing on these two... Never made a BoB in my life so well see what happens, tried to get the glaze to be as close to an original as possible.. The moai is also finished and now just have to do my wood grain grain glaze on both and then see what happens in a few days when they get fired again.

Here's one of the next pieces to be bisque fired later in the week with some other Beachcomber's once they get cleaned up better.. I tried to make the Tiki's on this more weathered looking and carved some on the bowl to match Marq tiki's..

ALOHA!

Thought I'd post pics of the mugs and troff from above that got glazed...

Moai and Bob Beachcomber's

and suck'n up a little 151 rum..

Bob's color came out about how pretty close to my vintage one, even got the old crazed glaze look..

Here's the Lava Tiki Troff, the Lava glaze in the bowl really pops in the light..

Got something Pokey in da works for the next run.. Aloha!

Fantastic. Your glazes have turned out so well I'm in awe! I love the tiki holding Bob and Moai. Just Super. Wendy

LT

Genius!

M

Inside glaze on the trough looks amazing!

S

Nice work Scott. I love seeing Bob on fire, exactly as he should be. And that troff is great.

Add it to all the great work being done by you A-Listers!

M

I am in Awe.....Beautiful work!

Keep em coming!

Mahalo

McTiki

T

Gotta say it. I think you really have some great designs. Really impressed with the glaze work. Well done.

Do you have any of these still available for purchase? I'm seeing some outstanding work here.

I'm not a big time mug collector, and so my display cabinet only has room for the most inateresting designs.

Please PM, and thanks!

-Charles

[ Edited by: Chuck Lava 2012-04-20 16:47 ]

Freakin' fantastic!

Really amazing stuff!!!

Seriously great.

:)
Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2012-04-20 20:15 ]

Those kick ars

Wendy,LOLTiki,Rob,Robbie,ATP,McTiki,Turtle,ChuckLava,LoriLovesTiki,hang10tiki Shoots!!!! Mahalo's everyone for all that,that's Awesome! I guess I'm doing something right.. :wink:
Here's the next batch I'm working on this week..

Aloha

Nice work!

Now THAT'S a studio! I could sit there and sculpt the rest of my life!

Studio / Dinner Table... Works :wink: I love to carve outside, I have an ol' messy table in the garage that I normally use but during the day this is da best..
Thanks Zero, btw I love that shirt I saw some MadDog wearing the other day.. awesome man..:wink:

I am now the over-the-moon owner of one of Scott's fantastic Beachcomber Moai mugs which I picked up at his shop yesterday. The photos are good but truly, they are so incredible in person. The glazes are stunning, good weight to them - really beautiful work here! And a super nice guy too! :)

On 2012-04-27 11:21, tikitabby wrote:
I am now the over-the-moon owner of one of Scott's fantastic Beachcomber Moai mugs which I picked up at his shop yesterday. The photos are good but truly, they are so incredible in person. The glazes are stunning, good weight to them - really beautiful work here! And a super nice guy too! :)

Thanks TT, It was great to see you again also! Have a great vacation and hope to see yo both again soon.

Couple more almost ready for bisque, Da' Beachcomber finds a puffer...

And one holding a PNG Shield..

Just got some new glazes and can't wait to mix 'em up a little.. :wink:
Aloha

Really like the PNG one!!!

Love the little pufferfish - you're really getting some good milage out of that "Tiki Holding a (fill in the blank)"

E

Love the new mugs, Bumz - you keep slamming them out of the park!

S

What the two guys above me said! :D

Got the one holding Little Bob in the display case. Thanks again, Scott. I'm obliged to stop and look at it everytime i pass by!

[ Edited by: Chuck Lava 2012-05-01 06:06 ]

On 2012-04-30 10:03, MadDogMike wrote:
Love the little pufferfish - you're really getting some good milage out of that "Tiki Holding a (fill in the blank)"

Mahalo's Eric, Robbie!
Mike, Thank you too brada, ya never know what Tongo will find beachcombing!! Having fun playing around with this guy though.. :wink: I started something all new but just can't seem to finish it.. one of these days...
aloha

T
Turtle posted on Thu, May 3, 2012 9:06 AM

Oooo, the pufferfish is so cool!

On 2012-04-30 16:15, Chuck Lava wrote:
Got the one holding Little Bob in the display case. Thanks again, Scott. I'm obliged to stop and look at it everytime i pass by!

Awesome Charles, glad to hear he had a safe journey.. Mahalo's again brada!

Thanks Turtle, getting ready to pop open the kiln this morning, now I gotta just think of some glaze combinations for these guys..

aloha

My God those mugs are snazzy! Awesome work! WISH LIST!!

B

Mahalo Atomicchick!
Put a few hours into glazing these four today and still have to finish more glazing in the morning.. Crossing fingers on these guys when we fire in the next couple days, hurry up Mauitiki!! :wink:

Well they all survived the 1800+ heat and have some color now..
Here's the Puffer and PNG Beachcomber's..

Aloha

S

Both brilliant. Awesome stuff there Scott.

I want that PNG Mug, I want it NOW!
Great job on those!!!!!!!

Freekin outstanding

Scott I love every singe one you have made. The colors are brillent and perfect. I can see all the hours of work it took to get them to this point. Terrrific, Wendy

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

M

Wow, those turned out great!

I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

B

Thanks Robbie, How's your coming along brada?
ATP, I've wanted to make a PNG style for awhile, one of my favorite old school carvers is Barney West. This one is sorta based off one of his carvings I really like..
Mahalo's again hang10tiki
Thank you Wendy, Mine is just a small fraction compared to all that you do.. Thank you so much for all the great tips, pictures, how-to's etc. you post for all of us to enjoy!
Thanks Lori!
Mahalo's MikeyTiki, Well I started a couple new ones this week,only had pictures here of the one, a new puffer fish that's going to have a little more spike to him and this one, Stubby Tongo a one-off..

K, Mai Tai Time.... :drink:
Aloha

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies