Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Ohana Alert! One of our own needs some assistance! All Donations posted Page one First Post! Mahalo!

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

OHANA ALERT!

I know I have pranksterish tendancies on this forum
BUT this is not a hoax to drum up cash
this is a friend of ours who needs a little assistance...
I hope you find it in your hearts to give a little to help a good friend out of some muck!

Last Friday night,one of our own,ravenne,was involved in a car accident
on one of California's infamous rain-drenched highways
that,fortunately,left her with just a few bruises
but totalled her car!
according to Squid,who went down with her to the towyard
and it had a smooshed in roof,doors,and a smashed windshield with the wheels all bent in..
unrideable....
She said she lost count after three flips!
!!!

I have NO pictures of her car...
BUT here are some accident pictures
i culled from the internets
for greater visual impact....

Anyways,the poor girl is stuck out here in California
with a totalled car and in need of some funds to help her back on her feet.....

Here's where the Ohana part comes in....

If ANY of you can donate any cash
or buy one of these wonderful pieces of artwork
it would really go far to help out one of our tribe.
Her photographic contributions of Tiki Events out here
are always fun to look at and there's always so many!

There will be a few more members of the Tiki Artist mutual Inspiration Pact
chiming in with pieces for this cause so please check in here
and reach down and share some Christmas spirit with our official mascot!

I HAVE POSTED EVERYTHING UP FOR DONATION ON THIS FIRST POST OF THE THREAD
Will add more as they are received...
Muchos Mahalos!

Sky Drummer SOLD
little lost tiki

Summer SOLD
little lost tiki

Moonlight Visit SOLD
little lost tiki

The Surprise
little lost tiki

donation $150
I'll pay the shipping (unless it's overseas-then we gotta talk!)

Ebony manaia
laojia

donation 90$ (shipping for me)

Hei tiki
laojia

donation 78$ (shipping for me)

Tiki Tower Quarterly print
Zerostreet
16x20 canvas giclee (the 16x20 includes the color border).
$70 and will cover US shipping.

"Forbidden Lair"
Sophista-tiki
16"x11" giclee print SPECIAL PRICE $25
ships in tube

"Beach Lair #1" SOLD
Sophista-tiki
16"x11" giclee print SPECIAL PRICE $25

"Blue Moon # 8" SOLD
BRAND NEW PAINTING
Sophista-tiki
6"x 9" acrylic on masonite original
SPECIAL PRICE $80
Will ship framed

a custom painting for $100 to $200.
if no one steps up with cash and a request,
i will paint up a lil goofy surfin tiki to sell here.
BigToe

Hornbill Hatchling SOLD
MadDogMike
6L x 4W x 7T, about 18 ounces. No straw needed - just suck on the beak!
30 bucks to the fund and he's yours, I'll cover US shipping :)

A custom Tiki Mug Shelf 11"x20"
Atomic Tiki Punk
A handmade Tahiti Girl Candle & Handmade Hair Flower
Jungle Ginger
You get all of this for $60 & we will pay U.S. Shipping.

Closeup of the Candle & Flower

Marquesan Mug by Bosko #28 of 40
Anonymous Donor
SOLD

"Tiki Bob Nocturne" (Eric didn't give me a title,so i made one up!)
8x10 colored pencil on black paper
tobunga
donation $50 shipping and extra goodies included

"Atomic Rum"
Doug Horne
3D Canvas 11"X14" and 2.35" thick!
Edition of only 25 is signed and numbered.
SOLD

HOTTIKI Pendant
Carved Koa Wood from Hawaii
Flame Shaded-Tapa Tattoo Branded
Have Pendant Will Ship
$25.00 Donation

If you'd like to donate/adopt one of the paintings on this thread
CONTACT ravenne and she will get all the details and your address
and will contact the artist who will send the piece as soon as the paypal deposit to homegirl is confirmed!

Any Questions,just PM me-little lost tiki
and I'll help you sort thru all the details...

Here's her paypal address
if you'd just like to donate some funds to help her out!

[email protected]

Mahalo! MAhalo!
and Mele Kalikimaka to all!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2011-01-14 17:37 ]

CJ

I'm happy she's okay and I'm willing to help out if there's some art that doesn't suck is for sale

Wow, I am glad she is alright......I am off to send some Paypal money.

Coco Joe wrote:
I'm happy she's okay and I'm willing to help out if there's some art that doesn't suck that is for sale

Well, i'm hoping that some of the other clowns will pitch in
with some decent,less amateurish artwork...
:)
Thanks y'alls!
i know the girl will appreciate it!

L

Some adds for this Ohana:

Ebony manaia

donation 90$ (shipping for me)

Hei tiki

donation 78$ (shipping for me)

Here's her paypal address

[email protected]

Mahalo for her!

J.

Sent a small amount, hoping that every bit helps.

Glad to hear she's ok. Many years ago my wife was in a horrible crash that left her hospitalized for a couple of weeks, I know how traumatic these experiences can be.

I'll add this 16x20 canvas giclee (the 16x20 includes the color border).

$70 and, like Ken, I will cover US shipping.

My tiki art:
Tiki Tower
http://www.tikitower.com

...and my other art:
Zerostreet Illustrations
http://www.zerostreet.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2010-12-23 06:07 ]

Glad to hear she is OK...our freeways are so insane...it's like a demolition derby driving there and the weather makes it worse. Donation sent and stay safe Rav!!!

Heres my offerings
ALL OF MY PIECES ARE SOLD
"Forbidden Lair"
16"x11" geclee print SPECIAL PRICE $25
ships in tube

Beach Lair #1 SOLD
16"x11" geclee print SPECIAL PRICE $25

"Blue Moon # 8" BRAND NEW PAINTING SOLD
6"x 9" acrylic on masonite original
SPECIAL PRICE $80
Will ship framed

This is your chance to get something at a discounted price AND add to the Rav's recovery fund

Instructions for purchase are in the first post.
Spank you

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-01-11 15:52 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-01-14 11:07 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-01-18 17:14 ]

aw man! that's awful to hear! Let me make it a few more days through this Christmas shopping and I'll do what i can.

Thanks everyone!
If there's one thing I've learned here on TC
it's that OHANA is STRONG!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2010 8:56 AM

I'll be happy to send along some cash after the holidays...

I'm so happy to know Raves walked away from this event relatively unscathed...Thank God miracles happen to loved ones everyday :)

Thanks Ken for organizing this wonderful thread. G

B

Well, sorry i can't oblige Coco jo, but i am doing a little painting on the same hand-cut, routered wood panel as ken's first painting in the thread.

i'm doing a custom painting for $100 to $200. if no one steps up with cash and a request, i will paint up a lil goofy surfin tiki to sell here.

Good luck Ravenne!

L

So she is fine but needs money so she can buy a car? Did I read this right?

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-12-23 11:08 ]

loooong story,but in a nutshell....ravenne is FINE
but her car is totalled.
PM her about the other details and she'll explain it
better than i can....

L

Appreciate your thoughtful attempts on helping a friend LLT -- but I am wondering exactly what the money is needed for since it doesn't really say.

Doesn't seem like medical bills are an issue since you said she is ok (which is always a good thing) so is there any clairification you can give yourself since you have begun this thread?

Would be helpful to have this information.

On 2010-12-23 11:13, leleliz wrote:

Appreciate your thoughtful attempts on helping a friend LLT -- but I am wondering exactly what the money is needed for since it doesn't really say.

Doesn't seem like medical bills are an issue since you said she is ok (which is always a good thing) so is there any clairification you can give yourself since you have begun this thread?

Would be helpful to have this information.

The money will be for getting her crushed auto out of the scrapyard
(which is charging her a daily rate)
so she can sell it for scrap to get some $$$$ to help her to get a used auto.
So the money will be used for that and towards a used car
Homegirl doesn't have a job right now
and without any transportation,that will be a lot harder to get one....
Just trying to help out a friend
sorry for the limited info
but this is a donation thread,not a gossip one...

Now this is all the details i have from our phone conversations
and talking with Squid,who gave her a hand this week...

i hope this passes your stringent donation process
and you will find it in your heart to help however you can...
Merry Christmas!

TK

On 2010-12-22 23:15, Coco Joe wrote:
I'm happy she's okay and I'm willing to help out if there's some art that doesn't suck is for sale

wtf!!!.

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-12-23 12:39 ]

maybe i have overreacted here. apologies if needed

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-12-23 13:55 ]

i know!
we need to get more better artists involved!
:lol:

Better artist and art? as stated before....WTF! Who is that guy? Kinny, this is a great thing you are doing and don't put your awesomeness down. Don't make me turn this car around....

dave

Can we all get back on track?
This thread isn't about good or bad art-it's about heart.
leleliz needs a bigger tragedy(in her eyes)before she donates(which i doubt she will) and CocoJoe was just trying to add some humor to a sad situation...
No biggie...just trying to help out the Ohana!
Now can we get this thread back on track and raise some funds for ho-ho-homegirl?

L

On 2010-12-23 12:38, little lost tiki wrote:
Can we all get back on track?
This thread isn't about good or bad art-it's about heart.
leleliz needs a bigger tragedy(in her eyes)before she donates(which i doubt she will) and CocoJoe was just trying to add some humor to a sad situation...
No biggie...just trying to help out the Ohana!
Now can we get this thread back on track and raise some funds for ho-ho-homegirl?

You are asking for people to help your friend but not giving the sort of information that would aide in someone's descision to do so.

Not sure what gives you the right to be such a class A jerk all the time but because of you MANY won't be donating anything which is a fantastic way to help your friend so congrats on that.

You are right, Little Lost Tiki....I get defensive about friends and their art. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program of Ohana.

groan.....
there's more than enough information about her situation on the first entry
i imagine raves will chime in and tell her whole story eventually
And i put what i was allowed to post on this thread,respecting her privacy and as for the rest you'll all have to trust me on it until she wishes to share it...
If people are suspicious of this thread's intentions
then they don't have to donate or buy any of the pieces on here...

What a scroogish thought to even suspect that
this is some kind of scheme to generate income for some nefarious or selfish purpose
especially here on TC!

It shouldn't matter if people like or dislike someone who starts a post for a friend
(that just seems way immature)
They should be more concerned with its content
and if or how they can help....
i'll try my hardest to keep this thread on track
and would appreciate it,liz,if you went elsewhere on this forum
to quash the Christmas and Ohana spirit that is obviously displayed here.

TK

"summer" is going to come early i think. it was a pleasure to help in a small way. i don't live in cali or even know her other than from here and yet had to help. buddha says show compassion ya'll.

Thanks Tommy!
and a Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you!

On 2010-12-23 13:34, talo ka wrote:
"summer" is going to come early i think. it was a pleasure to help in a small way. i don't live in cali or even know her other than from here and yet had to help. buddha says show compassion ya'll.

Well said talo ka!

looks like leleliz actually gathered up some compassion as well!
Thanks Hun!
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

In case you haven't met Ravenne here is a photo of her and I at Oasis 10. She is such a sweetheart. It's Christmas the perfect time for giving from your heart. Best Wishes for a happy holiday, Wendy and Dan

Paypal is super easy to use...

L

On 2010-12-23 13:58, little lost tiki wrote:
Thanks Hun!
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

You are welcome. Sorry it was all I could spare but I am sure it will help.

B

On 2010-12-23 13:58, little lost tiki wrote:
Thanks Hun!
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Leleliz - seems to me that instead of making yourself the center of attention here by being a Class A jackass (1 cent, REALLY?! Why bother? I bet you leave a penny in the bottom of water glasses at restaurants as tips too!) you could have done something more constructive with your time - like getting a life. Unbelievable that you would even bother to read this thread in the first place since you have such a dislike for Kenny, but then to add insult to injury, you take it out on an innocent bystander such as Ravenne. Now, I don't know Ravenne either, and I have absolutely no money to spare this year or for maybe a few years to come, but at least I give a crap that someone is having a bad time in their life. Normally I wouldn't get involved in arguments here (been there, done that) but it seems that you THRIVE on being a thorn in most peoples' sides and you SHOULD be called out for your bad behavior. As I'm SURE your mother told you, as did most of our mothers, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I am breaking that rule here in order to make a point. I hope that someday you start enjoying life rather than making it rotten for all those around you.

Get well soon Ravenne and hope you're able to get some new wheels soon.

And thank you Kenny and all other contibutors for being such good friends.

6L x 4W x 7T, about 18 ounces. No straw needed - just suck on the beak!

This Hornbill Hatchling has been waiting for a new home since the Birds of the Pacific Swap. 30 bucks to the fund and he's yours, I'll cover US shipping :)

L

On 2010-12-23 14:46, beadtiki wrote:
[Leleliz - seems to me that instead of making yourself the center of attention here by being a Class A jackass (1 cent, REALLY?! Why bother?[ACTUALLY..that is all I COULD give. Truly]

I bet you leave a penny in the bottom of water glasses at restaurants as tips too!)[ACTUALLY..I tip very well..but thanks for the assumption!] you could have done something more constructive with your time - like getting a life.[ACTUALLY I have a life...I am just home busy preparing for Christmas so I happened to come online]

Unbelievable that you would even bother to read this thread in the first place since you have such a dislike for Kenny, but then to add insult to injury, you take it out on an innocent bystander such as Ravenne. [ACTUALLY..I wanted to know who was in trouble so I COULD help]

Now, I don't know Ravenne either, and I have absolutely no money to spare this year or for maybe a few years to come, but at least I give a crap that someone is having a bad time in their life. [ACTUALLY..I never wish ill will on anyone..and hope the best for Ravenne regardless of her situation]

Normally I wouldn't get involved in arguments here (been there, done that) but it seems that you THRIVE on being a thorn in most peoples' sides and you SHOULD be called out for your bad behavior.[ACTUALLY...I ASKED a question and LLT decided to be a jerk as per the norm]

As I'm SURE your mother told you, as did most of our mothers, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. [ACTUALLY...my Mother said that if you want to know why someone needs money so you can help them fully informed then ASK]

I am breaking that rule here in order to make a point. I hope that someday you start enjoying life rather than making it rotten for all those around you. [ ACTUALLY..my life rocks, thanks for your concern]

Ravenne I hope your situation improves 100%. I applaud LLT for helping his friends and was only wanting to know WHAT the money was needed for.

Instead I get harrassment from LLT and now from good ole Beadtiki.

I am sure you wont post what other people contribute LLT but thanks for posting mine.

I did what I could -- since NONE of you know ANYTHING about my financial situation -- who are you all to judge.

Merry Christmas..and a better 2011 to you Ravenne.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-12-23 15:07 ]

this thread is about ravenne,leleliz
so please leave us be and quit derailing this thread...

the grownups have serious business here
and we would prefer the attention to be focused on that
and Not your personal vendettas or agendas...

and to think i was gracious enough to let you visit the studio
when mp and you were on your way back up North....

TM

I am pretty shocked that you would send 1 penny. That is just too insulting for words to describe.

Way to go.

And by the way, you are not the only one out of money, but you are one of the people being a jerk in public about it.

Sheeeeshhh.....and I thought I was a problem on tiki central. I am mother theresa compared to the likes of you.

:tiki: Good Grief! :tiki:

Chin up Rav'z, wheels can be replaced. Proud to see ohana standing up to help. No questions here... Merry Christmas to all! :)

Shoootz,
jOnZ

Lance and I are so relieved you are okay Ravenne! We will try to scrape together what we can to help.
Big hugs to you sweety.

-Jungle Ginger/Nancy

L

Ravenne I am happy you are physically well and I hope enough funds are raised for you to help you out!

Dont worry Ken...I wont even LOOK at this thread anymore now that I know that no Ohana is actually in trouble medically.

And to the peanut gallery who sits in judgement over someone asking a legitimate question and getting treated badly for doing so...Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Now let's get back on track folks!
and a BIG Thank You to all of you who have contributed in any way.
Who says that there's no Christmas Ohana spirit around here?

Just udated my offerings BEACH LAIR #1 is claimed, that should cover one day of impound fees.

TM

On 2010-12-23 15:23, leleliz wrote:

Ravenne I am happy you are physically well and I hope enough funds are raised for you to help you out!

Dont worry Ken...I wont even LOOK at this thread anymore now that I know that no Ohana is actually in trouble medically.

And to the peanut gallery who sits in judgement over someone asking a legitimate question and getting treated badly for doing so...Merry Christmas!

Asking a question is one thing. Sending 1 penny is another. That gives new meaning to the whole scrooge thing. In fact, makes scrooge look pretty good in comparison. If you can't afford to donate, or don't feel obliged to help...that's perfectly fine. Ignore the thread...but judging from your past posting record, not ignoring threads you don't like seems to be your MO. All I can say is, you make me feel 100% better about every single post I have ever made on this forum!

And PS, stop sending me PMs. You make me sick to my stomach.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-12-23 15:57 ]

Done! No questions asked.

Ken, m'love, give my girlie a big ol' healing hug from Mel, huh?

thanks!

CL

Wow, glad to see Ravenne's still with us! That car looked like it flipped a lot more than 3x. It was nice of you to try to help Ravenne Kenny. Truly a lovely gesture in an ohana spirit. Everyone's been in a bad situation, either at present, or at some point in their lives. The world is a better place when people try to help each other, when possible. Ravenne, hugs from us and hope you're feeling better and back on your feet soon.

J

With all due respect to LLT, Lucas Vigor, Beadtiki, etc… I don't think Leleliz deserves your comments. Here's my reasons…

1. Liz is one of the more colorful personalities on TC. She always speaks her mind and is intimidated by no one (not even the Bigbro). She often posts what others think (but are afraid to post). Her initial comments on this topic mirror my own first take, i.e. "You survived a horrible car accident unscathed, and now there's fund raising for a new car ?? !!". Also Liz's questioning posts are mostly respectful and she (almost) never stoops to name-calling.

2. She is hardly a Scrooge. Case in point her "Holiday Swap" thread.

3. Her 1-cent donation might be in poor taste, but LLT went public with that, not her. Also it's NOT cool to make public PM's, financial transactions, and people's real names. Those were intended to be private and should not be shared with the world.

4. Although this is only a single thread, I question whether the TC community will remain sympathetic or grow annoyed if we see more threads like this, i.e. "I just lost my job","My home is being repossessed","I can't afford my kids' tuition" - Can you help a fellow Tiki brother or sister out ?? It's still a bad economy and MANY TC'ers are hurting.

So in the spirit of Christmas (which I hate), and in support of Ravenne (whom I like, but I HATE cats !!), and for LLT's great gesture of friendship to Ravenne (I never met the guy but I acknowledge his artistic talent)…

My Paypal check's in the mail !! (and it's much more than a penny). :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-12-23 18:11 ]

What a blessing that she is alright...from the way her car became a pretzel, that in and of itself is a miracle. Now, Kenny is making another miracle for all of us to help our friends whether we know them or not....OHANA! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Tiki Folk are the best!

TK

tis the season for peace love and understanding and all the good happiness stuff. do something good and feel good. the other stuff is just silly. please let it go.

AMEN!

TT

Hey Rav, glad to hear you are ok! unfortunately i cant assist in getting you back on the road and although I could give you a 1982 honda city (1000cc, 4spd, "wagon") the $4000 shipping is a little on the high side.. good luck Ravs! Kinny, you're a good bloke, but if anyone asks me i'll deny it.

Pages: 1 2 71 replies