Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

International Tiki Day Party

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

Here we go, we are talkin' about the first, but not the last, International TIKI Day and Welcome Home Sven Party.
Yes, the 2nd Saturday in August will never be the same, and it needs to be world wide (thus the International part)
Place: Alex TIKI Hale'
When: Aug. 9th
Who: TIKI Freaks Dressed in Hawaiian Stuff
Why: International TIKI Day
Dress: We will be swimming, so bring a towel
and a change of clothes
Time 4 - 'til Bong talks to the cops or Hula passes out.
Bring a driver because we are going mad with Al as
the lead Mix Miester.
The last time was fun, but this time you will???
I can't say that on TV
We will be posting more info. as we get closer

Mahalo

Baxdog,

Tell Sarah to move all expensive vases out of Sabu's way!

who hoo, more drinking just what my liver needs.

I'm there too! At least Sabu-bu didn't crash through the table. Better yet, put that balance board away or it's gonna get ugly.

Is there a "smoking section?" I ain't quitten this time!!! Oh fukk! Can you change the date? I got to be in New York (the week of the 9th!)! Fauk! Fuuk! Fhuk!

T

International TIKI Day, I am sorry to say, cannot be changed. It has always and will always be the 2nd Sat. in Aug.
Ben'Z you will surely be missed! Can you posibly get out of your commitment, If not are you going to send Ski in your place?
We will light a torch on your behave.
Is Mrs. Boo going to New York?

H

I'm sure there will be an International Tiki Day Celebration in NY (NY represent!), and it would be made that much more fabulous if the Bamboo Bens were there. What's the word, Inky & Manic?

I'll be working for a " Family" on Int. Tiki Day, in N.Y. on a lake in a Big home somewhere. Sorry Bax, but I can't get out of this one (without cement shoes, shhhhhh!). If I could, I would. I'll light a torch (if they let me). Have a blast in So. Cal!

T

International Tiki Day does promise to be a fabulous celebration of tiki for all that partake.

Shortly, very shortly, we'll be coming out with instant centuries-old traditions of food, drink, song, and customs to be indulged during this high (get it!) holiday.

Start saving up your brain cells now!

There's an international tiki day party in my pants, and everyone's invited!

eep!

T

On 2003-06-05 13:22, tikimonkey wrote:
There's an international tiki day party in my pants, and everyone's invited!

In that case, I'm sure there'll be plenty of room!

M

I'll go if I can get more info about where it is.

In that case, I'm sure there'll be plenty of room!

Yes, and don't ask about the Orgeat.

eep, gross.

F

C'mon JT, TikiMonkey IS pretty cute.

It's the cream of coconut(s) that concerns me. eep.

Is that a banana at your party or are you just happy to see me?

Sounds like a party of one.

Are you referring to the banana?

what???
Sorry but that bannana party doesn't appeal to me. :lol:

There's never a good turn out at Banana Party's anyway.

Either it slips peoples minds or everyone splits early.

And then the Sour Grape Girl shows up.
Loved their oufits. Purple go-go boots!

T

Hey, I find banana parties totally a-peeling!

sorry, couldn't help it,

tikivixen

eep!

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2003-06-06 13:49 ]

T

In San Francisco is it
Bannana-Ram-A
Hey, check out the old party we had
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=1283&forum=4&start=0

What the hell is EEP?

It's a monkey noise.

I can't remember the model of Mac, but in the computer lab at high school, that was the error sound.

Brings back memories of Nettrek... sniff

Or am I showing my age? :)

T

I know it is a Monkey noise,
But why the F&%#@ are we useing it all of a sudden?
Why not
oop
argh
psssst
ugh
caw
vroom
arp
moo
goo
guy
pan
U C D B
I C D B
I M B 4 U
I C U 2
I'M GOING TO JUMP!!!

Sabu, I knew something was off about you.

H

Eep op ork ah ah
And that means I love you

B
Boob posted on Sat, Jun 7, 2003 11:19 AM

oo oo gleet gleet. oo oo gleet gleet. That was from some cartoon when I was a kid from a monkey and it is still stuck in my brain. oo oo gleet gleet. Damn!

T

What ever happend to "ZAZZ"
Now that's a sound.

And HubaHuba, do you really love me?
Are you coming down for "THE PARTY"
Oh that's right the topic was "THE PARTY"
Nice reach around.

B
Boob posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2003 10:28 AM

oo oo gleet gleet!

Okay, I've got the date and the time down, but where is this International Tiki Day taking place? I'm so spanking new to the TC world, so please throw me a bone. I'm always game to go to a party. Is it taking place in So. California?

F

The particular party discussed on this thread is in So. Cal, but International Tiki Day is wherever you are. Just throw a tiki party and maybe invite people that you don't hate or anything. Serve them Mai Tais. Have a ceremonial torch lighting. Drink some more.

H

On 2003-06-08 08:10, thebaxdog wrote:
And HubaHuba, do you really love me?
Are you coming down for "THE PARTY"

You know I do, baby.

I'm having to conserve my travel time for planning my move, but it's likely I'll be down there at some point in August. Looks like there's a party scheduled for every Saturday that month, so I'll hit one of them. I'm already mentally planning a special-occasion tiki dress just for International Tiki Day, though.

keep it alive

O

Sweet... ITD at monkeyman's house. Free tiki frames for everyone! start booking now..I think Woohoo is handling the reservations..See you there!

ha ha ha ha ha, that's great thanks Monkey Man!!
what should I bring. Traditional Chicken Kabobs??
What time?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2006-03-23 18:51, OnaTiki wrote:
Sweet... ITD at monkeyman's house. Free tiki frames for everyone! start booking now..I think Woohoo is handling the reservations..See you there!

H

I will be making Monkey pods, from 7 to 8 pm......

I'll build a website for the event.
Come One, Come All To Monk's Pad.
(It should be ready by then)

if I had the yard for it (or the home) I would host it in a heartbeat.

I just need to find a 1 acre compound I can afford.

H

Perhaps a campground this year?

How about the Caliente Tropics?

The Yucca Inn... I'm telling you it would be a great place for a Tiki Takeover :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-24 15:56 ]

P

Maybe we should consider moving ITD up a week this year. The Mission Tiki Drive In event is the Saturday before ITD and it might be a great venue for ITD festivities. Something to consider?

I have a selfish reason for suggesting this, too. That's right in the middle of drum corps season and there is just no way I can make it to two events, so it's either the drive in or ITD but not both. This way, I get to have both at the same time.

I like that Idea Pi Phi.

Woohoos isnt bad either.

Something to consider is that this is a homegrown celebration which means its best to have the ability to serve your own alcohol, have ready access to bathrooms, full control over the environment (ie-music, who attends, food etc).

Hotels may not be the right environment for ITD unless they gave us free reign of the place.

I would have it here if our bar/yard is ready.......but would ya'll come out to da boondocks?
Electrical & rough inspection in about 2 weeks.

in a heartbeat !!

Pages: 1 2 53 replies