Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

International Tiki Day Party

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

On 2006-03-25 08:14, bongofury wrote:
I would have it here if our bar/yard is ready.......but would ya'll come out to da boondocks?
Electrical & rough inspection in about 2 weeks.

Hell Yeah!!!

TB

Absolutley!

TBird.

H

Yes for sure!

If you aren't ready I am. I have spoke with some of you about this and it seems like it would work as long as I get some help setting it up. Bongofury, if you are going to be ready in time that sounds great. Maybe we could have it move around each year? I have the room for camping out. I feed about 200 people at an event we do in July every year. So I think a fun filled gathering of TCers would be incredible. I am willing to go wherever the thing happens but my place is available and pretty well set up to handle it.

We should be ready by ITD. Plus it would give me a deadline to get things done. We actually put in some plants on the side of the house today so it is getting past the dirt yard look. We have a bit of room here (but not as much as Matt does).
3 1/2 baths in the house plus a full bath in the bar and an outdoor shower. We are at the end of a cul-de-sac so there is plenty of parking and a side yard as big as our back yard. If you would prefer to have ITD at your place Matt it's OK by me as it sounds like you are already set up for a crowd and have been considering it. My thought on having it here is that it would be in a central area that could be within reach of Southern & Northern California TCers. The train station is 5 minutes from here too. We can always schedule our opening party on another weekend if that works better for everyone, just let us know. San Diego or Camarillo.......there will be ITD somewhere.

I like the idea of a grand opening/ITD combo. It sounds like you'll be ready to go. Being more centralized is a really good point as well. Maybe I'll do the next one. Or dare I say we create another tiki holiday? Let me know the plan and I'll do my best to help out.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies