Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

You know? This may take off (at least I hope so)

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

I was shopping for our yearly Calendar Purchase and found zip for anything remotely Tiki.

How about a Tiki central Calendar? A conglomeration of our artists in Calendar quality photos regardless of media type.

Just throwing chicken bones in hopes for next year's calendar hunt.

Mahalo!

McTiki

wife got me the Forbidden Island calander for x-mas. We live about 4-5hrs away so she mail ordered it from the lulu.com. just a thought.

t.c. calander could be interesting

[ Edited by: ka'lenatiki 2011-01-01 10:50 ]

Would love if your suggestion became reality. I made myself a Snapfish calendar of cocktails to start out the year.

Sounds fun, Wendy

There are several calendars available including the
WeekiWachi Mermaids
Forbidden Island
Frankie's Tiki Room had one last year but I don't see a new one.

As far as making your own, I'm sure there are enough pics floating around to make a "Beefcake Buzz" calendar :lol:

Rumour has it that Brad Parker/TikiShark
may have a calendar in the works......

much more attractive than one of them awful Buzzy calendars.....

I do like the idea of a calendar of 12 artists' work

W

A basic calendar with artwork would be pretty easy to pull off, especially if it was just set up so folks could download and print at home (or work as often seems to be the case).

What would be extra swell is having Tiki related dates on the calendar. Since we're now at the start of the year gathering date specific Tiki history could be helped along by a This Date In Tiki History thread in the General forum where date specific Tiki factoids could be posted as people discovered them. The starting post could be used to maintain the facts in a January to December time line so picking through them for dates to include on the calendar would be pretty easy.

That said, a Beefcake Buzz calendar would provide that creepy or sleazy vibe some people like their Tiki environments to have.

Z

This sounds really interesting!

Swanky's 2008 Tiki Daze calendar was great and it had some This Date In Tiki History information. I wish it would have been successful enough to continue.

I think 12 different artists working together to split the costs and possible profits could be done and would a risk worth taking at least to get your names out there a little more or maybe a 16 month calendar with 16 artists? Starting this August so we don't have to wait so long.

Pages: 1 9 replies