Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Beadtiki's Christmas Gift

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

Well, I think it's time that I showed this finished project that my sister made and gave me as a gift. Beadtiki spent 8 months making this.I think it is beautiful and I am grateful to my sister Beadtiki. It is about 13" X 17". I however, need help. I want to put light behind it, and frame it. The only idea I have been able to come up with was buy a light box put glass on it, put the beaded project on top lay down another piece of glass on top of it and then, somehow frame it. I am sure there are much more creative people out there so I could use some help...please.
mymo

PS.. Thank you, SHAG for the great art!!!

Mymo

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2011-01-15 15:04 ]

Mymo, so cool to see the finished project! I've been watching this progress for months, Regan did such a great job - 27,000 sparkling imported glass beads.

Maybe you can mount it to a single pane of plexiglass (lighter and unbreakable) and hang it in a window?

B

Hey, I just realized that the picture is flipped - the deer should be on the left! No matter - it's like a reversable shirt! LOL

:lol: I noticed that too, I just didn't say anything :lol:

B

You're so polite Mike!

B

Hi all. Here's the progression of the making of this tapestry.

First - this is the original picture:

...and this is the bead size (not a trick dime - MIKE!) :)

HOURS of tediously building the sky - the same color over and over - at least this part went quickly!

Then I realized I was not even CLOSE to having the right number of orange beads so I ordered them over the internet from the same place I got the first batch. Unfortunately it had been years since I had purchased the first ones so the new ones were a bit different in color. So I tore it all apart so I could mix all the orange, old and new. This is the aftermath! Looks like spaghetti and marinara!

I also tore it apart because the program I use had not been updated in a while and the pattern I made LOOKED right, but printed wrong! I figured out the fix too far after I had started the tapestry a second time so I ended up fixing it by eye along the way - which took FOREVER!

I begin again:

Here's the deer up-close:

Almost there...!

Ta Da!

Very cool! And definitely the most labor intensive potholder I've ever seen.

only an insane person could have the patience to create such a rockin piece of art! Congrats on a job well done,Kookypants!

B

On 2011-01-20 23:00, woofmutt wrote:
Very cool! And definitely the most labor intensive potholder I've ever seen.

Smartass!

B

On 2011-01-21 12:38, little lost tiki wrote:
only an insane person could have the patience to create such a rockin piece of art! Congrats on a job well done,Kookypants!

Does this mean I have to change my name on here to Kookypants now?! LOL I am just a tad insance though, I will admit!

Thanks everyone!

Pages: 1 9 replies