Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Trader Vic's Emeryville LAST Thursday of the month EVERY month

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

O
Otto posted on Wed, Jan 26, 2011 12:42 AM

Trader Vic's Emeryville is offering all-night happy hour to Tiki fans. In addition to their regular Happy Hour and their current $5 Mai Tai special, from 6 - 9pm this Wed if you mention Tiki Central or Tiki Oasis you can get:
$6 on all single cocktails on the menu

Wed, Jan 26, 6pm - 9pm

http://www.tradervics.com/locations/location-emeryville.html

If we get enough support for this event we can make it a regular happening every fourth Wed of ea month!

[ Edited by: Otto 2011-02-23 12:05 ]

CL

Sorry, we're booked. We'll be in Santa Cruz at my brothers b-day party. But thanks for pulling this together. Next time!

Hey Otto is the Tonga Room get togethers still going on? And is the next one the first wed of Feb?

tikitom

O
Otto posted on Wed, Feb 9, 2011 8:37 AM

On 2011-01-30 19:55, tikitikitom wrote:
Hey Otto is the Tonga Room get togethers still going on? And is the next one the first wed of Feb?

tikitom

I decided to cancel the Tonga room get togethers
But am launching a Thurs night happy hour at TV Emeryville

Probably the LAST Thur of each month
Details TBA

Tonight already happened! Free Beer Tommorrow!! :)

PS- ANYONE can start an event, Like at the Tonga Room. Go for it, TikiTIkiTom!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Feb 23, 2011 12:14 PM

Whoa! I forgot to post that tomorrow, Feb 24, is the last Thursday of the month and Trader Vic's has offered Tiki Centralites to enjoy all night Happy Hour.

I will post details later

J

Hey Gang! Otto has worked out a pretty sweet deal for us at Trader Vic's! The last Thursday of every month, starting tomorrow, we get happy hour prices all night if you mention Tiki Central or Tiki Oasis! That includes drink and food specials. Regular happy hour is 4:00-6:00 and 9:00-11:00, but for us, it's all night long! They're even reserving the cove area in the bar for us. That's the space that used to be a small private room at the back of the bar that is now a cool little nook with original Leetags on the walls.

Come on down and have a Mai Tai and some Cheese Bings!

BV

I'm there! I'm there! Looking forward to it.

O
Otto posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2011 12:52 PM

I'd like to get a group of 5 or more or we might not be able to secure the "cove"

O
Otto posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2011 5:48 PM

Trader Vic's GM hung out with us for a bit and showed us their awesome new Tiki mask dinner menu, revealed a new promo they are doing on Tuesday nights in conjunction with vintage Television shows (more TBA), and confirmed Portland TV's imminent opening

[ Edited by: Otto 2011-02-26 01:14 ]

O
Otto posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2011 1:14 AM

Good times last Thursday! And what a great deal for food and drinks from TV Emeryville! And the Trader Vic's staff rocked the service for us!

J

This Thursday! March 31, 6:00-9:00

Come on down for all-night Happy Hour if you mention Tiki Oasis or Tiki Central! Pretty sure we have the "Cove" area reserved again. Can you confirm, Otto?

O
Otto posted on Wed, Mar 30, 2011 11:15 PM

On 2011-03-28 18:53, JenTiki wrote:
This Thursday! March 31, 6:00-9:00

Come on down for all-night Happy Hour if you mention Tiki Oasis or Tiki Central! Pretty sure we have the "Cove" area reserved again. Can you confirm, Otto?

Trader Vic's Cove is ours
I hope to make a couple of announcements tomorrow

TWO

Myself, Tikitastic and Dr. Von Zombie will be there to represent the South Bay tonight.
Thank you Otto for pulling all this together. Good Times

O
Otto posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 6:41 PM

Last Thursday is tomorrow!
Happy hour menu all night
Food and Drink

See you there !

B

Thursday April 27th! Meet the wild and wooly von Stroheim kids (LOL we don't have a sitter)

XO Baby DOe

O
Otto posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 9:53 PM

Did I mention the free swag we are giving away!?!

I acquired a pile of coasters from a family friend of the last owner of Ciral's House of Tiki in Chicago (thanks, Eli)

And everyone who shows up tomorrow gets one

I'll be there but it might be late depending on when I can get off work. Looking forward to it!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Apr 29, 2011 12:33 AM

darn, I forgot to pass out the Cyril's House of Tiki coasters!
there is always next month

let's see some photos!

O
Otto posted on Mon, May 23, 2011 11:28 PM

Denise loves Trader Vic's!

NorCal Tiki fans showed up in droves

including the entire von Stroheim family

GM John signed everyone's cards

Vander and Otto share a moment while Michael Thanos enjoys a Navy Grog

J

This Thursday!!! Come on down for all-night Happy Hour!

O
Otto posted on Tue, May 24, 2011 11:16 PM

Yep! This Thursday, come on down and get your all-night Happy Hour card. Brought to you by Tiki Oasis, this card will get you Happy Hour prices ANY TIME. That's right. 24-7, 365!

O
Otto posted on Thu, May 26, 2011 9:43 AM

Giving away free Tiki Oasis magnets tonight

[ Edited by: Mr. Aloha 2011-06-23 09:59 ]

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jun 28, 2011 6:20 PM

Last Thursday is only 2 days away! Join us at TV Emeryville 6-9pm and beyond

O
Otto posted on Wed, Jun 29, 2011 12:53 AM

Come to TV on Thursday and get your "All the time Happy Hour" card. Look how happy Ivory and Jonathan and their friends were last month!

B

See you all tomorrow night June 30th!!

B
O
Otto posted on Sat, Jul 2, 2011 8:33 PM

another awesome night
Michael & Denise and Suzanne and Melissa from Forbidden Island were there
As well as Eve Bergeron (shown here with Bill Graf and Otto)

and Chad

and Liz

and a bunch of other people but they'll have to post their own fotos here

...whoops - Otto, I emailed these to you, but apparently I had the wrong address... somehow after a few Navy Grogs my memory didn't work so well :P

I had a good time as usual - see everyone next time!

-Trad'r Bill

H
harro posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2011 2:28 PM

If I'm reading my calendar correctly, the next monthly TV's night is on Thursday Aug 25, which is the exact day I arrive in San Fran after a week in San Diego/LA...:) We only have a few days in San Fran but it would be great to kick it off meeting a few locals here at the flagship Emeryville TVs!!

J

On 2011-07-07 14:28, harro wrote:
If I'm reading my calendar correctly, the next monthly TV's night is on Thursday Aug 25, which is the exact day I arrive in San Fran after a week in San Diego/LA...:) We only have a few days in San Fran but it would be great to kick it off meeting a few locals here at the flagship Emeryville TVs!!

You are not reading your calendar correctly (unless you have some weird Mayan calendar). The next monthly TV's night is Thursday, July 28th. That is the Tiki Oasis pre-party and Fashion Show by Retro Diva.

S

Harro the night in August IS the 25th. Not too hard to see what you meant by your post. Pretty much anytime after 6:30 and people start trickling in with most showing up 7:30/8. Come on by :)

H
harro posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 9:59 AM

On 2011-07-07 20:00, JenTiki wrote:

On 2011-07-07 14:28, harro wrote:

You are not reading your calendar correctly (unless you have some weird Mayan calendar). The next monthly TV's night is Thursday, July 28th. That is the Tiki Oasis pre-party and Fashion Show by Retro Diva.

Done like a dinner! I always thought I was ahead of my own time, hence there I was thinking it was end of July already - and it ain't dammit...

Anyway, see you in AUGUST!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2011 1:39 AM

the von Stroheims will not be at the August Trader Vic's meeting but don't let that stop you from partying down Happy Hour style

and this just in:

http://www.mercurynews.com/columns/ci_18466720?nclick_check=1

O
Otto posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2011 4:27 PM

Thanks to Trader Vic's and everyone who came out on thursday to make the Tiki Oasis Last Thursday and Trader Vic's Fashion Show a huge success! here's a picture of two of the guests (one model) and you can see more photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikioasis/

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40670&forum=17&hilite=fashion

[ Edited by: Otto 2011-07-30 16:35 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2011-07-30 16:36 ]

Will there be any TC'ers at Trader Vic's tonight?

MT

Yes. Coco Loco and I will be there somewhere around 6:30pm or so. Harro should be coming in from out of town as well. Who's thirsty?

O
Otto posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2011 2:05 PM

Whether you went to Tiki Oasis or not you will not want to miss this one!
Tiki Oasis 11 Wrap-Up Party
Time: 6:30PM - 9:30 Thursday, September 29th

Videos of Tiki Oasis 11 so attendees can relive the moments and those who didn't attend can see SOME of what they missed
Swag for sale
Giveaways
Drink and food specials

PLUS
Thee Swank Bastards live at 8:30

O
Otto posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2011 7:28 PM

Get your Trader Vic's - Tiki Oasis all the time Happy Hour card this coming Thursday!

That's right, all you have to do is show up for the last Thursday of the month for the Tiki Oasis appreciation party and you will receive a card that entitles you to Happy Hour 24-7-365 at the Emeryville Trader Vic's.

Join us this Thursday, October 27 from 6 - 9 pm

http://www.tradervics.com/locations/location-emeryville.html

ask for Otto and I will provide you with a card, see you there!
(I might be a little late arriving depending on traffic)

O
Otto posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2011 12:15 AM

(bump)
Note: due to Nov and Dec holidays falling on last Thursdays and Nov/Dec being TV's busiest months, we will not be able to reserve space at the bar and will not host a Last Thursday for those months so this is the last one of the year 2011.

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jan 24, 2012 7:07 PM

It's that time of the year again folks! Time to get back in shape! And I don't necessarily mean exercising. It's time to get back into drinking shape for all those summer Tiki events starting in April and running til 3rd weekend in August.

In order to get into shape you need regular workouts and cross training. That means not only hitting your home bar and local bar but every other bar you can!

To help you plan your workout we have booked a space in the bar at Emeryville Trader Vic's. We will meet there for training the last Thursday of the month starting in February (that's next month). Put it on your calendars now.

O
Otto posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2012 7:34 AM

TONIGHT! Trader Vic's Emeryville 6:30 - 9:00
Meet up with Otto (and his brother from Los Angeles!) for the Tiki Oasis/Trader Vic's 24/7 Happy Hour
You will receive a card that entitles you to Happy Hour any day any time 24/7/365 (good only at Emeryville location)
http://tradervicsemeryville.com/

O
Otto posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2012 1:09 AM

We had a rockin good time. New member Clay and locals John Coyle, Marian and Bill, Jenn Tiki, Marty, etc. Here are the dates for future Trader Vic's all-night Happy Hour on last Thursdays

March 29
April 26
May 31
June 28
July 26

No Aug date set

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2012 12:32 AM

Join Otto and Baby Doe this Thursday for our monthly meet up at Trader Vic's Emeryville for our All-Night Happy Hour. Get your 24-7 Happy Hour Card. Say Hi to our hostess Pearly.

O
Otto posted on Thu, Apr 19, 2012 11:47 PM

NEXT Thursday, April 26 is the next Trader Vic's Emeryville all night Happy Hour. Mark your calendars

Pages: 1 2 62 replies