Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Horror That Was This Sunday's Superbowl!!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies

TM

What’s with the music for this last superbowl?

I was horrified, to say the least.

First there was Christina Aguilera, who besides messing up the lyrics, did all the “grandstanding and growling” typical of the old 80’s reality show, “star search”. Man, it was horrible!

Christina, can’t you just sing the song straight? Do you have to warp and twist it so badly? I mean, c;mon…this is not a competition. Even Whitney Houston would have been mellow compared to your rendition!

And for you, Black eyes peas: One, I will never forgive you, Will.I.Am for making the only Sergio mendes album I actually threw in the trash. And two, your “band” is really bad. Fergie cannot sing (or she refuses to even try) and then you brought that horrible relic from the 90’s, slash, out to play a horrible guitar solo. Slash is one of the most overated and out- of- tune guitarists out there. And that hat? Makes me glad I’m bald!

So not only did you perform horribly, but you added insult to injury and played “sweet child o’ mine”. I really can’t think of a worse song. I believe that when I die and go to hell, two things will happen: I will be forced to be locked in a room with leleliz, and THAT song will be playing, over and over and over…and she will be singing it to me! :)

Whoever programmed the entertainment for this gig….thanks for ruining my Sunday!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 7, 2011 1:50 PM

Yes, the music sucked.

D

Totally agree. Aquilera is a disgrace just like all the other talentless vocalists that affect that style of singing. And thanks for mentioning Slash, THE most overrated guitarist ever, with that bullsh*t hat and all the affectations that he thought he should have.

TM

Totally! I would love to give that guy I slap in the mouth, knock that hat off his head!

UB

Well, Im gonna miss football.
Ya Bitch, Thanks for screwin up our national anthem.

Ozzie was the only cool commercial too.
Who The Fuck Is Justin Bieber?

I think the goal is to get people to watch it and not change the channel to the Lingerie Bowl. I guess we are all dopes for actually watching it. So, the jokes on us; and whoever planned the entertainment had the last laugh.

I had been up since 6:30 am with 5 hours sleep.
and saw one of the bands at the HB marathon sun morn.
I went home and slept while the game was on.

Jeff(btd)

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Feb 7, 2011 8:32 PM

If there's a Super Bowl, where's the Super Cereal?
Think about it...

Oh, yeah, and professional sports suck. (except Tennis maybe.) And when Jordan played in the NBA...

Lucas, where have you been? I missed your misanthropic prose!

B

Axel's voice in Sweet Child 'o Mine always reminded me of Ethel Merman - now, go YouTube it and tell me I'm not crazy! LOL

Am I the only one who thought Cram It In The Boot had more than just a little sexual innuendo? :lol:

H

The only type of superbowl I'm interested in:

photo from tikilife blog.

Ok, ya got me laughing, I suppose I was happy to be at work with the "Anti Super Bowl Sunday". We
listened to Marty Lush spin Exotica and watched "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" with no sound, at least the scenery was good. I have to say, I'm surprised you tuned into the game, I don't know of too many sport fan tikiphiles not that there is anything wrong with that. I haven't watched a super bowl game since Janet's boob fell out and at that all I watched was Janet and her boob.
Better luck next year y'all .... I won't be watching the game you can be assured. Unless the half time goes exotica :D

TM

Normally, I hate football, but not as much as I hate basketball!

I have had the flu all week, so I figured, what the heck!

I only like two sports: Soccer and Hockey.

Didn't watch that crap at all on Sunday...
Instead,had an ARTJAM and
SMOKED SUPERBOWLS!!!!!
:)

TM

Who-ahhh!

H

A friend told me they played Misirlou during the half time show, sort of. He said the music was Misirlou with Dick Dale style guitar but with the Black Eyed Peas singing/rapping loudly over the top of it.

Did anyone here catch that? Nevertheless, I'm sure it was lame. At least I hope it was, I don't want to feel like I missed out on anything.

It's miserable
oops, I mean Misirlou
Youtube Superbowl halftime show

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

TM

It's just as bad as I remembered it!

What would have been great is if when Usher was coming down from the ceiling on the chain and then he could'nt get himself lose....would have been a great spinal tap moment!

Pages: 1 17 replies