Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Poly Pop Housing/Clairemont Mesa, San Diego, CA (apartments)

Pages: 1 2 replies

Name:Poly Pop Housing/Clairemont Mesa
Type:Housing/Apartments
Street:Charger Blvd, .... and others
City:San Diego
State:CA
Zip:92117
Phone:

Description:
Al-ii posted photos of these homes a while back, but the pictures are small. These are located in the Clairemont Mesa area of San Diego. The main road thru the community is Charger Blvd. I would say about 20% of the homes in this development have Poly Pop decorative elements to them. About 40% of the homes have an awesome modern look (I've included a couple of photos of the mcm home). The rest look like normal track homes. Also included in this post is the Lotus House Apartment complex located on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Though not tiki, it's Asian Pop styling fits in and is just down the road from this housing development.

[ Edited by: tiki shaker 2011-02-14 19:34 ]

A

Wow, Tiki Shaker, thanks for posting these photos. I didn't know anything about this neighborhood. I'll cruise around it sometime this week for a firsthand look.

C

yep that's my neighborhood :) You actually took a picture of the house next to my rental house. I own two of these places a block apart. Sadly the one I am living in is just a funky 60's Ranch house on the outside but came with a 60's tiki bar on the inside and a cute knotty pine kitchen. I was thrilled no one had updated the interior. My rental house is a little more polynesian on the exterior but being a rental the interior is bare bones beige these days. Buying this house is what got me into tiki to begin with.

a few shots of my place here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72057594073426151/

Pages: 1 2 replies