Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doctor Z's Castaway Lounge B-day Spectacular, 8/2 UPDATE/DETAILS!!

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

Bax!

Sorry you couldn't make it tonight (last night!). It was really fun! There are LOTS of things you missed...you should have seen it!

Hey, do you think you can make it out to the Int'l Tiki Day gathering next week? :lol:

First things first, Doc Z-The lounge is extraordinary. Your tiki collection and vintage bar-wow! The drinks were exceptional. Where did you get those little rock candy swizzle sticks?

And Ladies, isn’t Sabu every woman’s dream. Not only did he bring us all that wonderful clothing, he cooks too! Sabu-there’s no doubt, you are truly the master of coal and fire!

To the guys, you know who you are, you were either extremely tossed or very good sports. Hum...we might have to start a calendar “The Boys of Tiki Central Calendar”. And Yes, SugarCaddyDaddy, there were some very interesting things to see. If this is any indication of the next party....we are all in big trouble.

I had a great time, my compliments to our wonderful hosts.

Nurse F

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I was working late last night finishing a job we had to deliver this morning. Good news is I got two weeks of downtime before the next one starts up. I'm polanning on spending those two weeks house hunting in Long Beach, lookout LBers I'mn moving in. Well there goes teh neighborhood.

Fred

Happy Birthday Z. Sorry we couldn't make the party...I'm sure it was great! Had to work all weekend & just got off. As a famous man once said - work is the curse of the drinking class. See ya at the next one.

Terry & Sally

B

Happy Birthday Dr. Z...... Your place is great!!! Excellent drink and food (thanks Sabu). What a great bunch of TC people and their friends......Weird Uncle Tiki and the King playing Cream's "White Room" and other rock and Hawaiian classics.......one more verse of "Hot Beef Injection"????? Mahalo

M

On 2003-08-02 22:11, RevBambooBen wrote:
Pleaze excruze the Tiki 3 's absence. Mucho Mahalos for understanding that we work tooo hard.

p.s. Blame it on Fred!

No Doubt! Very sorry for not making it - when Ben called me in the early evening, I was passed out asleep in my chair at work!
I'm loggin' in the crazy hours/7 days a week but I'm not complaining... I'm just working with new factories trying to catch-up! Hope you had a blast!
Holden

T

I would have loved to be there! Happy Birthday Z! Best Wishes and Many More!

From,
Mr and Mrs Mug

M

Dr. Z & Sabu:
Thanks for the hospitality and the cool tiki crafts. Me and Miss sooki sooki had a blast.
Your tiki room kicks some serious butt.

Terrific party! The Castaway lounge is really a sight to behold. Them skewers Sabu cooked up was delectable (and served on leaves!). Dr. Z, your bartending is A-#1; super mai-tais. The paint-your-own-tiki was a real blast, too. You know how to throw a hum-dinger and stock it with great party folks! Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

All I can say is I had a relaxing and great time there. You know when you just feel at home. Good to see everybody .

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Aug 4, 2003 11:47 AM

Happy B-day Z! sounds like you guys had a nice time. post some of those paint your own Tiki things. I would love to see some.

Here's a couple of pics from the phone:

Pop is painting away

This is Dr. Z's brother John. He traded clothes with one o' the ladies and is here surveying the artwork. There's Shelly, looking like she just stepped out of one of those 1950's luau pics in the BOT:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-05 00:58 ]

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Aug 4, 2003 2:33 PM

ohhhh, that was a good idea with da tiki paintings. tankz fo da picz sista Flo.

then seen the next pic befor I read da text and I said "alright now to da wahine picz!!!" then it F****ing said "Doctor Z's brother" .....DAM IT! I looked at a mans breast and belly! ewwwww

M

I am envious. I really wanted to go. I am a huge fan of parties with something to do. I plan on my next party having some sort of activity.

Hope to make the next one.

Monkeyman

That was a killer party! Dr. Z manned the bar from like 6 to 9pm making Navy Grogs, Maitais and Blue Hawaiians (the vodka one) and then I made as many Shrunken Skulls as I could, meanwhile Tikibelle and Robin mixed up some Bikinis in shots and Sabu kept the chicken and shrimp coming and there was a big birthday cake from Dr. Z's mom and live entertainment thanks to Judd and Denny, a couple of guys switched clothes with a couple of girls making for alot of laughes, the neighbors never called the cops, and to top it off, Dr. Z and Z-girl gave out hangover cures and bottled water at the door as we all exited into the night. Thank you for a fabulous time; you are gracious and thoughtful hosts!

Sabu and Dr. Z, thanks for the great time! Sabu, if I could've eaten more skewers I would've. Those were damn good, as were the Mai Tais by Dr. Z. Glad to meet Mama Z. She's a cool chick. And many thanks to Sabu and the loot I got to take home.

Here's a link to my pics:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b325fcd3050a

M

Vintage Girl:
Thanks for the pics. I forgot about the scweet TikiKitty (Sienna).

It was nice to finally meet you and Atomic. I hope he survived the drive up north.

Cheers

T

WOW!! What a fun evening. This was our first Hoity Toity party and what a great way to start. Unfortunately, Mrs. Pug and I were the first to leave. I am sooooo sad I missed the exchange of clothes. I think I would have looked great in that bikini top.

Dr.Z thanx for the potent cocktails. They were the best I have had in a long time. Also thanx to Hanalei Pirate for her Shruken Skull.

Sabu, thanx for the yummy eats.

It was a pleasure to finally put names with faces and meet all of you. Can't wait to see you again at the Lava Lounge on Thurs. and Bax's on Sat.

Oh, one more thing. Who won the tiki painting contest? I like the bluntness of Floratina's first one.

[ Edited by: tikipug on 2003-08-06 12:25 ]

M

On 2003-08-06 12:23, TikiPug wrote:

Oh, one more thing. Who won the tiki painting contest? I like the bluntness of Floratina's first one.

[ Edited by: tikipug on 2003-08-06 12:25 ]

TikiPug:
Cheers brah,
I agree with you and MissPug... After 2 mai tais's, 2 shrunken heads, and 2 rum y cokas, The Tahitian beer eventually became my drink of choice.

Miss Velour won the contest. She created a new tropical color from using a 7 colored water based palet. It was this electric, mesmerising, shocking, oceanic, intoxicating blue.

... I think she cheated :)

Asta manana

FYI - (I was on the "inside" during the judging process) we could only pick one tiki - the runners up were Nelva's and Hula Hula's.

Hey Pug - that first tiki was my punk tribute in honor of Bamboo Ben. It was probably deemed too offensive for the competition. I meant to get a pic of it for BBen, but I forgot!

Z,

Great partee, Happy Barfday again. Almost ran off the 99 next day due to lack o'sleep(just got back today-look for me on the tube in the upcomimg weeks.) Glad pics were posted - now I can remember who was at the shindig. Hope to see y'all soon at ITD.

Pages: 1 2 70 replies