Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

N

Aloha,

We're back! It feels really good to say that. We hope you'll join us Sunday, April 10th at Bahooka for the Tiki Mag Spring 2011 issue release party. Bahooka is located at 4501 Rosemead Blvd. Rosemead, CA 91770. For dinner reservations, please call (626) 285-1241. We'll start at 5pm. It'll be the first chance to purchase the new issue with a very cool cover by Sam Gambino. There will be vendors, food, drinks, and music by our special guests the Hula Girls. Also, DJ BigTikiDude will be spinning before and after the Hula Girls starting at 4:30pm with the Hula Girls coming on at 7pm. It should be a great time. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Ohana, its been too long.

Nick

P.S. We changed the date to not interfere with the Hunters and Collectors Art Show in Anaheim. We hope everyone goes to the art show on Saturday and then sees us on Sunday. Mahalo.

TIKI MAGAZINE: CELEBRATING THE ISLAND LIFESTYLE!

[ Edited by: nicktiki 2011-02-26 22:15 ]

[ Edited by: nicktiki 2011-03-19 07:27 ]

BS

count me in!

sweet!!

Nick,
sent ya a PM

Jeff(btd)

CA

the Huooooooooooola GIRLS!!!

SF

Sounds great, I have missed the magazine.

On 2011-02-25 17:30, nicktiki wrote:
There will be vendors, food, drinks, and music by our special guests
the Hula Girls.

Also, DJ BigTikiDude will be spinning before and after the Hula Girls starting at 6pm.
It should be a great time. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Ohana, its been too long.

Nick

Nick,
thanks for adding me into the mix,
my pleasure to add some ambiance to the evening's festivities.

Jeff(btd)

We can't wait to play the Bahooka again!! And especially can't wait to see the new issue of a long overdue Tiki Magazine! Great work, Nick!!

HT

My wife and I will be there to see the new issue of Tiki Magazine and listen to the HULA GIRLS. Thanks Nick for the new issue of Tiki Magazine.

E
ESP182 posted on Mon, Mar 7, 2011 4:31 PM

Looking forward to seeing the show, and the release of another AWESOME issue of Tiki Magazine!

N

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted make sure everyone saw the date change.

Nick

BS

thats my Grandma's 81st birthday. hopefully i can still make it up.

Date change noted.
for me its actually better,
as the 9th was my Moms b-day.

Jeff(btd)

B

MANY MANY MAHALOS NICK!!!!

hope to see u Sunday!

Warmest Alohas, tom

Bring your mom's & grandma's, too! Here's a fun sidebar happening at the Bahooka concurrently with Nick's Spring 2011 Tiki Magazine premier...

[ Edited by: makedamug 2011-03-21 13:51 ]

On 2011-03-21 11:54, MakeDaMug wrote:
Bring your mom's & grandma's, too! Here's a fun sidebar happening at the Bahooka concurrently with Nick's Spring 2011 Tiki Magazine premier...

WOW!!!!!
cool deal.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-03-21 11:56 ]

bump, too many cool events in Ca.!

Jeff(btd)

T

Wow! A new issue of Tiki Magazine and an awesome Book of TIki mug!!!

This event is gonna be great!!!

Sam Gambino is the Mack Daddy of Midwest Style Tiki. It's about time we class up the joint with some single shot from the Sam Man.
Good luck Nick and Sven I wish I could be at the Party but it is tourist season and I gotta make some scratch to pay the bills.

make sure you bend an elbow for me.

W

T

I just made reservations and the guy who answered the phone didn't know there was a party going on. I hope I got my reservations for this event. Has anyone else had problems?

K
kirby posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2011 2:10 PM

Im really exited for this event! The spring release of my favorite Mag and a mug for my favorite Book..Sweet! Im also super super stoked to be the featured carver for this issue, so I thought I would do a special pendant for the occasion. I will have these available at the show real cheap!! see you at the bahooka!!

Sadly, the date change means I can't be there, since I have been booked for months to work this night! But a brand, Tiki-spanking new issue of Tiki Magazine is deserving of a party, and this is going to be a good one! Hope the rest of you ohana can be there to pick up your latest issue and get revved up about all the fun things coming up this year, including MORE issues of Tiki Magazine.

Much Aloha,
Kari Hendler

This is turning out to be a pretty packed event! Looking forward to it!

bump

K
kirby posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2011 5:00 PM

Gambino did a great job on the cover! Im so glad nick chose not to revamp the look of the TIKI MAG!

[ Edited by: kirby 2011-03-31 17:00 ]

WTF???
:o

Tiki Magazine! Kirby's art! A Book of Tiki Mug! And a now custom pendant from Kirby, too?
All in the great atmosphere of Bahooka?

Too much awesomeness for one event. MUST ATTEND!

Don't forget me DJing, and then the Hula Girls playing too.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2011 6:11 PM

GROG looking forward to seeing THE HULA GIRL.

Haha... Nice one, Grog. We might have TWO hula girls for ya, that night!

L@@ks realy k@@l were thinkin about Swingin by great cover Sam , and Kirby man ur the Kats meow neat pendent man .

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 10:01 PM

GROG trying to get some NEW stuff done for the event this weekend, and some of the same old stuff ( Moai and Bob Salt and pepper shakers, Bob shots, etc.) GROG got a couple of "one-of" glazed java Bobs. A preview of a few new things:

GROG had some clay rolled out and was in a cylinder shape. It was leather hard, so GROG just start carving into it and this is what came out.
A strange little Marquesaroan-looking tiki mug.

GROG also making a couple more Minimalist Bobs. GROG going to do a total of five, each one in a different color.

GROG have a hand-made Moai shot glass and GROG make a bowl also. GROG realize GROG hadn't made bowl since Tiki Oasis, so it was about time for another.
The shot glass and bowl are made out of paper clay that Cass give GROG. GROG never use paper clay before, so this new for GROG.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: grog 2011-04-05 09:38 ]

TT

GROG, your strange little Marquesaroan-looking tiki mug is way rad!

T

Yes, very cool indeed! I like the wood grain/tree rings detail on the bottom.

I agree, he's even cute, Wendy

Love the marquesan guy, Grog!

Cute little Marq mug carve,Ernie!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 9:57 AM

Thanks guys, it was fun carve. GROG not have plan, GROG just have cylinder and start carving and see where it go, and that what came out. Carved too deep a number of times, so him have several patches on the inside. Hopefully they not have air bubbles and little bastard not blow up in kiln.

GROG kind of like the Moai shot glass, GROG may have to resculpt it and make a mold. (It has to be bigger for the mold, because they shrink when they are poured)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2011 6:26 PM

Got stuff cookin' in the kiln now. GROG looking forward to seeing everybody on Sunday (especially Dinah Derosa!) GROG excited to see the new Tiki Magazine. It going to be fun weekend.

Grog, yer not the only one that likes looking at Dinah.
check out Stacy given her the eye.

This SUNDAY!
DJ Big Tiki Dude at 5:00
The Hula Girls at 7:00

Get the new mag!
Get some Grog mugs!
Try Beachbum Berry's "Tiki Reviver"
Get the new Book of Tiki Mug!

Yahoo!!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 9:23 AM

And don't forget to pick up your Tiki magazine pendant!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 2:56 PM

Just got off the phone with Nick and he ask GROG to make post for him.

Join us for the Tiki Magazine Spring 2011 Release Party

This Sunday, April 10th starting at 5pm at The Bahooka restaurant. ---If you plan on eating, be sure and make reservations ahead of time----

• DJ BigTikiDude will be spinning before and after the Hula Girls starting at 4:30pm with the Hula Girls coming on at 7pm.*

• Vendors for the event are:

Tiki Magazine-- new issue premiering here (Look for Nick---he's the skinny guy at the booth)
Hula Girls---selling their CDs and swag, and kissing booth with Dinah Derosa (oops, the kissing booth is sold out---some unnamed caveman bought all the tickets)
Tiki Farm----with the new mug based on Sven Kirsten's Book of Tiki
GROG------selling some ceramic crap him make
Kirby-------has a new Tiki Magazine pendant he'll be whoring
Eric October--- Ceramics, plushies, colored-pencil drawings on black paper, and all that other tiki art the talented little bastard makes
Douge Horne--Gigantor will be bringing his prints and tiki art, buy it or else he might get angry and go on another rampage and destroy the city
Crazy Al-----Insane art from an insane artist. There's good, there's great, and then there's Crazy Al

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-07 14:57 ]

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 4:48 PM

Grog wrote:

Kirby-------has a new Tiki Magazine pendant he'll be whoring  

How rude:(

TM

Kissing booth has been re-opened, but sorry folks, Dinah is out, Lucas is IN! Of course, the price has dropped as a result.

Hahahahahahahaha.... I'll take a ticket, Lucas. Please don't forget to shave your face that day. Xoxo!

On 2011-04-05 09:57, GROG wrote:
Thanks guys, it was fun carve. GROG not have plan, GROG just have cylinder and start carving and see where it go, and that what came out. Carved too deep a number of times, so him have several patches on the inside. Hopefully they not have air bubbles and little bastard not blow up in kiln.

GROG kind of like the Moai shot glass, GROG may have to resculpt it and make a mold. (It has to be bigger for the mold, because they shrink when they are poured)

Grog -Tiki Kitty LOVE the Moai shot glass, and the bowl! Tiki Kitty look forward to seeing in person. :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies