kapu isle

Pages: 1 19 replies

M

Future home tiki bar.

Up dates soon.

M

Here's a few more of my bar sign.

M

I've been making tiki bar lights for my bar since summer,this sconce is one of my favorite.

M

A few more of my lamps.

Your lamps are great...look forward to seeing your home bar....you will have good ambiance with the lighting.

M

Thanks for looking VampiressRN,the lamps are made from found objects except the wiring which is all new.

M

Great looking lamps MudBone. The ship's wheel looks awesome lit up!

M

Thanks MDM,the ships wheel is an old wine rack,have two more lamps in the works.Anyone know how to wire two lights in one lamp?

M

Pick this up over the weekend,is in very good condition.Now all i need is a tray,box,bowl,a pump and i'll have a water fountain.I better get carving.lol

P
Polly posted on Mon, May 23, 2011 6:10 PM

Great Ships Wheel decor.
And the lamps are amazing.:)

M

A couple years back,while garage saleing I picked up this childs hula girl outfit.I some times ask,you have any Hawaiian,Flordia sovenirs,hula girl,mermaid things,this kind older couple said no they didn't and we talked for a long while. When I was leaving,this kind lady(Kathleen Brady) said I have something for you and asked her husband to get a box down from the garage self and he handed it to me,I open it and this hula girl outfit was in it.I asked her how much it was and she said nothing,I want you to have it.Mrs.Brady then told me the story of how her brother brought it back from the war for her after he was wounded,I told her I can't take this,It's the memories of your brother, you should pass this on to your children,she said my kids don't want any of this old stuff,I want you to have it.I thanked her and promised I would frame it and hang it in my tiki bar and asked her if she had a picture of her wearing it,she said yes and would have to dig it up and send it to me,she did with a very nice letter.

WOW!! Now that is an amazing bit of decor for your room.

Recently my mother passed away and we have been going through everything in the house and came across some things my father had collected when he was in the South Pacific during WWII. Lots of pictures and soem other memorabilia. Have not been able to bring them home yet, but hopefully will have some pics to share once it is all organized. Amazing what you find when you have to look at everything in a home. Lots of things that my brothers and I did not even know existed.

K

WOW!!! indeed, a very personable story to my mind, thanks for sharing Mudbone.

p.s. love the lamps.

edited- to remove personal observation with no relevance

[ Edited by: komohana 2011-06-04 18:04 ]

M

Finally, I scored a bar for the Kapu Isle. Now to tikifie this baby.

You are amassing quite a nice collection there Mudbone! I love the hula girl outfit and story, what a treasure.
I like the look of that bar too. Can't wait to see it all come together.

I agree, your collection is going to looks great when you get it all set up...have fun!!!

M

Thanks guys,working on the bar right now,mounted five tikis and trying to figure out how to light it. DO I use one color or multicolor lights, should I use xmas lights or rope lights or look for another source of light.Thanks for listening.

Personally, I would use the rope lights because they are easier to hide. I never like seeing the light source, just what it is illuminating. There you have it. My two cents!

M

Thanks Mitch,I took your advise.
TOOK SOME NEW PICS.

Something missing on this lamp so I added a string of shells to the shade.

Worked on the bar,put a coat of beeswax and orange oil on the finish,attached five tikis and put xmas rope lighting under the bar top and in the shelves

Did some work on the fire place,put up reed fence and bamboo trim.

Got this shell lamp at auction,very well done,like it better off then on.Don't know if it going to stay,what do you think?

Pages: 1 19 replies