Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

I'm ready to enter another mug swap, but not lookin' to run it. Any volunteers?

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2011-03-21 16:09 ]

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2011-04-05 18:36 ]

You know, I too am ready for one, but not in a position to run it.

I'm in, we have a few new custom mugs ready to trade! :wink:

Paul

I would like to be a part of this year's spring cleaning, but I don't have the extra time to put it together.

C

not organized enough to run it but definitely interested in swappin

What all is involved in organizing? Taking in all the entrants, getting addresses, shuffling them about, and tracking sent and received statuses? What am I missing?

On 2011-03-18 18:54, FenrixTiki wrote:
What all is involved in organizing? Taking in all the entrants, getting addresses, shuffling them about, and tracking sent and received statuses? What am I missing?

Well, sure... that's it. And bugging those that enter and don't get their mugs sent out.

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2011-03-19 02:39 ]

Z

Willing to be a part, but lacking the cranial capacity to oversee...

IIRC the spring one has been done to coincide with Tax Day. Do we have enough time to hit that mark? If we do 2 weeks for submission and two for shipping we could get really darn close.

I will run it. Leleliz will be back on here soon so she can take over when that happens....but until then I have everyone's addresses and was her roommate during the last swap so it seems pretty easy to run. :)

How about deadline for names is April 4th?
Ship date is no later than April 15?
Then by end of April hypothetically everyone should start receiving.

International included

If that sounds good let's get this going people :)

If you are new to swapping then feel free to send your address...everyone else I will (or liz will) check them before names are sent.

Here we go...

SandraDee (my name is Alyce btw)
Leleliz
Bongo Bungalow
Catmomma
Fenrixtiki
Tiki-Atari
Blacklagoon
Zerotiki
Pikeys Dog. X 2
DcMan x 2
ExquisiteCorpse x 2
Slacks Ferret x 2
Gabbahey
Lighting Steve
Spy-Tiki
8ft Tiki
Tobunga
Tropical Icebergs
Pittsbuurgh Pauly
Trutiki x 2
TikiPops
TaboodDan
Helvetiki
Unkle John
Sideshow Bob
DustyCajun
PTD
Ukutiki x 2
Nanetiki
John The Mainlander
Atomictonytiki
House of Ku
Closettiki
Loki-tiki
ka'lenatiki
Uncle Trav
TikiPug
Bongofury

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-04 15:00 ]

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-04 23:13 ]

I'm in x2

D
dcman posted on Sat, Mar 19, 2011 1:36 PM

I'm in x2

dcman

I'm excited! My collection has reached the point that I'm in good shape to share and we're in good hands for the swap. Let's see... find a box... find some bubble wrap...

i am in x2 since i missed the last one

In! x 2

I'm in. I pm'd my contact info.

Count me in

I think I want to play too. Let me know what to do!

always fun. im in!

8T

I was in the first few of these swaps and then skipped the last couple because well, once I never received a trade and another time I got a wooden mug. Would it be too much to ask that people don't send one of those carved wooden tourist mugs but keep it a ceramic mug ? I know the whole idea is to trade a double and it's supposed to be a feel good exchange so I just think everyone participating should know what "mug" means in this trade. Anyway,I will give it another go so count me in.

Hope I draw your name, 8ft. I'd take care of ya.

I'm in!

T

Ok, I'm in again, but only if blacklagoon gives me a lava t-rex! But if that can't be arranged, count me in anyway.

T

I'm in for one trade. I missed the last one. looking forward to this one.

T

Alright, count me in!! But only cause there's no wooden mugs!!

TabooDan

I'll toss in the usual reminder information, especially for first time swappers:

1. On or before April 4th you need to send your snail mail address to Sandra Dee as stated earlier in this thread. Do this in a pm (personal message function on Tiki Central).
  2. Just after April 4th, Sandra Dee will send you a personal message with the name and address of the person you are to send a mug to. She will have done a random drawing to match up swappers. I think she uses an Ouija board or something.
  3. You will want to send it out right away, so like that week. To delay mailing is not nice.
  4. This swap is for one tiki mug. You send one tiki mug, someone will send you one tiki mug. If you want to include more than one mug and if you want to include other tiki stuff, (and some swappers do), you may, but you should expect to receive one tiki mug.
  5. When your package arrives let the person who sent it to you, and the rest of us, know by posting on this thread. Put up a picture of the mug and maybe include yourself in the picture. We'll all have a good laugh.
  6. That's it.

Aloha Folks,
can i play from europe ?
i mean, because of shipping costs etc.

Thanks Bongo for the recap.

If you have sent leleliz your address previously she already has it to please don't send it to me...we live in the same apartment.

Yes helvetiki please pm me your mailing address..trades are international.

Absolutely NONE of the following will be ok to send:

Broken or repaired items

Wooden tiki mugs...come on folks we all have ceramic doubles or even homemade mugs we can send

Let's try NOT to send any Harveys buckets mugs either!! This is kind of ridiculous since everyone has multitudes of these. If you don't have any please feel free to request one and I will make it happen.

No need to send the rarest mug you have but be thoughtful....be sure to look at every other swap thread for inspiration.

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS IF YOU HAVE SWAPPED BEFORE..I have them already. If you have not swapped then send it. Thanks!

I'm in :)

Look at she, it's Sandra Dee
Helping out this community.
Tiki Central swaps today
Need some help along the way.
Look at she, it's Sandra Dee
Our thanks to you eternally.

Dear Bongo,

You are a nut!

Love,

Me

Going to update this thread later tonight. My computer broke and Liz's broke but she just got hers back so I am using hers until everything else is fixed.

Thanks for those who have been pming me...feel free to post on the thread if you want to join up as well!

I'm In!

You have my address!

Cheers!

Bob

Alas, poets are so, so, so misunderstood and under apreciated as artists in this country, in this time and in this forum! Sigh! :wink:

Everybody found a box and some bubble wrap? Ya see, gather this stuff now, before you find out who you're gonna send it to. This saves time. Then when SandraDee sends you a name and adress, you're ready to choose the right mug and out it goes, lickety split!

I'm just here to help ya, SandraDee. We'll keep this thing movin'.

Missed the last few, I baaaack for this one.

DC

Z

I don't know about you guys, but I am enjoying stuffing a box chock full!

Love ya, ZeroTiki for your enthusiasm. (Did I ever tell you my dog when I was a kid had the name ZeroTiki?)

Bongo's Swap Hint #3: (Did you miss #1 and #2? Sorry, there's no going back.) Match the mug you trade to the recipient when possible. How to do this? Here on TikiCentral you can easily bring up every post from your swapping partner. This will show you that person's interests, personality, faults, bad past decisions, (oops, talking about me again) and even items they own such as mugs. Another source is http://www.Ooga-Mooga.com where many of our members list all the mugs they already own. If you happen to have a mug you are willing to trade away that they seem not to own, voila! Now, you may say, "But Bongo, I don't have a super big collection, I'm planning on sending just this one mug that I can do without." Fist, quit yer whining, we all started like you. Second, it's OK. Don't take this stuff so seriously. Throw in some cookies, decorate the outside of your box. In short, have fun with it.

U

Great! Put me in for two swaps.

Z

+WOOF!+
:tiki:

time is ticking down.....

T

Could those that have Ooga Mooga accounts list their ooga mooga user name? My own is trudeska.

John the Mainlander

rontiki66

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2011 1:58 PM

GROG have wooden mug GROG need get rid of. Who want trade with GROG?

I have wooden mug will trade Grog...Mine a work in progress..was going to attempt to carve, haven't yet..mug still look like small piece of tree branch, but has very pretty picture of what it could have looked like...will trade Grog...8)

Been in everyone thus far, no reason to quit now...no Ooga Mooga either! Sandra Dee, you know where I live now, although my shipping address is my PO Box and I am sure Liz has it!

Later,

PTD

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2011 3:46 PM

Iceberber, that sound a lot like GROG' wooden mug. :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies