Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

I got a great box from Exquisite Corpse that included the orchids of hawaii ku mug, an awesome dark red parrot mug, two shot glasses, a huge amount of post cards (from TV, Waikiki Tiki Tour, and a whole set of old Hawaiian scenes.) Matches and coasters from TV's 75th and other places. A lot of other ephemera and various rum and tiki tchotchkes that didn't get in the picture as well as a pack of Frankie's matches, which I did not get when I visited there last week. Oh, and a personal favorite: mermaid drink markers as seen below in the cocktail glass. Thanks, buddy.

[ Edited by: gabbahey 2011-04-29 19:47 ]

I recieved my package from Pittsbuurgh Pauly !!!
What a huge assortment of great stuff!!
I'm hoping to find my camera and get some pics up.
Till then...
A big Mahalo to Pittsbuurgh Pauly !!!!

[ Edited by: lightning steve 2011-04-30 16:55 ]

I just received my trade from John the Mainlander. It's pretty awesome. A Big Mahalo to him. I'll post pics in the next few days.

Loki-Tiki can we swap animals next? I WANT your puppy!

I have heard from a few people with regards to their swaps but is there anyone else waiting?

Seems like we have almost wrapped this up!

Thanks again for letting me organize this. It was a lot of fun and it was great to be able to interact with you guys as a newbie :)

Hi Sandra Dee it was good to see you at the last party! When will your next swap begin? Wendy

On 2011-04-30 12:22, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi Sandra Dee it was good to see you at the last party! When will your next swap begin? Wendy

Aww thanks-it was great to meet you and Dan :)

It looks like these swaps are every few months so when the next one comes around (after Oasis for sure) I will be sure to let you know so if you want to participate you can.

T

I was away for a week so apologies for not letting Exquisite Corpse know the swap arrived safe, sound and very much welcome in its new South Florida abode. Will post pics very soon. But I love all my stuff especially the little cocktail devils. I missed them when they were abundant and new. So I embarked on a side hobby of amassing those little buggers whenever I see them. Many thanks until the next post.

Here's the lovely package of tiki goodness I received from John the Mainlander:

Holy $#!+...A small Mainlander Witco-fountain tiki mug! Cool! Thanks too for the shot mug, the various swizzles, coasters, and the Moai toy action figure. My son will surely get a kick out playing with it!

Many Mahalos to John the Mainlander!

T

Finally got a chance to get a picture of the box I received from Liz

Thanx for the goodies

T

Finally found the camera battery charger so I can post pics of my package from ExquisiteCorpse. Loved all the paper, tchotchkes and of course, the mugs. Among all the cool stuff...

Orchids of Hawaii Ku fogcutter
Dynasty Blue Parrot
2 tiki face plastic shot glasses
Swizzles & a bunch of cocktail danglers (just love the devils)
Matches & coasters
Promotional stuff from rum companies
Great postcards including Maui TikiTours
Trader Vic's menu & Trader Dick's brochure
Temporay tatoos (the tropical cocktail is so detailed!)

Thanks again to Exquisite Corpse, to the organizers and to all the participants.

S

I want to say that we have all received our boxes. If this is not the case please pm me..but I am pretty sure we are all done!

Glad everyone got such great stuff.

TikiPug Leleliz would like to say "You are welcome for your box...and not washing the cocktail glass out before sending it was so you could experience some of Suzanne's master mixes by just adding water!"

:)

Alas not all! but I understand the post has had it's way with my swapper's package! Shame on them for beating up a defenseless tiki mug :) To my swap buddy, no problems! it happens. Still waiting to see what you come up with.. as for the broken mug... a moment of silence.. :lol:

T

Looks like I am going to be the one that will have to drag this thread on!!

I finally get to post my pic's of my cool and very thoughtful trade that I received! Thank you very much for all the nice swank Trutiki!!
You went above and beyond!! Many Mahalos to you!!!

Here's the package that awaited my return:

Don't you just love opening these??!! You never know what's going to be in there! This is some of the great artwork and paper items I received:

The photo cards in the back ground and stacked on the left side are great!! They are actual photos that Trutiki took and mounted to greeting cards and are of Tiki mugs in her collection. Great idea and they came out awesome!!

A little closer shot:

Some awesome original artwork!!! Also, a Ritualis CD (which I still have to listen to) with cool art by Mark Ryden on the cover, small piece of Doug Horne Art with two drink recipes on the back, two pieces from the Kahiki, Beachcomber coaster, etc.

Here's a shot of the hard stuff!!

Included here is what looks to be a home made Tiki Bar Towel, small ceramic Tiki (opens up, perfect to hide your stash......yours, not mine :wink: ), a Teck Deck Tiki Dude, Wooden hand carved letter opener, Tiki Farm Mug, nice hand carved Tiki Stamp, a robotic looking glass Tiki candle holder, a cool "TIKI MON" plastic convention exclusive figure, Wooden Maori Bottle opener and a couple O Swizzles.

What a haul!!! A bunch of great items and way more than I should have received!! Mahalo, TabooDan

And last but not least or forgotten, The post man dropped off a long awaited package today!

Note the Fragile stickers everywhere!!!!

Well so far so good! No bad sounds from inside!!

A Tiki leilani from the Hawaiian village mug, CocoJoe's Ku, PMP mug, Samll Moai,a fogcutter cup and a black glass Polynesian Palace mug! Yes lots of new goodies

Swizzles ( all new ) match books from the Kahiki, Beachcomber and the Hawaiian Vilage, A info sheet on the hawaiian flag, postcard and picture booklets from the Polynesian cultural center!
Thanks Taboodan for the second package, (To bad the post had to destroy the first one!) And with that, I think we are now done with the April Mug trade!!

T

Glad you like the items Ka'lenatiki!

I had to send you a bit of Canadian Tiki so the Hawaiian Village mug is from the New Westminster, BC, location that shut down a long time ago. The stir stix
(They aren't new!) were from the old Beachcomber in Edmonton, AB, and the red Leeteg Drummer stir stix is from the old Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver, BC.

I wish I had thought about taking some pictures of the first box I sent you. It looked like it had been in a fight with a lawn mower! Only the Coco Joe guy and some of the paper pieces survived.

We will have better luck next time!
Mahalo, TabooDan

M

Are we doing a Pre-Christmas Swap? I've got some cool stuff ready to send to some lucky person!

I'd certainly be in....it's been awhile, and I have some lovely stuff stacking up for a box or two.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies