Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

Yeah Bongo you should come to Oasis...get the hell out of Indiana :)

People dont forget tomorrow is the SHIP BY date! So get em out!

Boxes are on the way for :

Leleliz
SandraDee
Ka'lenatiki
Bongofury
8Ft Tiki
Slacks Ferret
TikiPug

Keep in mind..not everyone tells me they have sent so lets wait until 1 week after the swap by date before I start hounding people.

8Ft Tiki word is you are getting 1 dozen Harvey bucket mugs -- be excited!!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-14 23:11 ]

Ukutiki got confirmation on yours as well :)

U

WOW! What a treasure chest full of...treasures: many swizzle sticks, a bottle of rum, postcards, a pin, creature pendant, tiki gear shift knob,a OMNI HUT menu and a shrunken head pendant. But the piece de resistance was a NIGHT ZOMBIE mug made by BLACK LAGOON'S go-with Kristina. It is one of the nicest under-stated mugs I have seen. Mahalo

ukutiki

So glad you liked your box of goodies and your Mug. :wink:

Paul

Wow, what a great way to start the weekend. My generous trader was none other than bongofury and he treated me extremely well. I was going to try and get everything in one picture, but due to the volume of swag, it was not possible...

Rincon Room Adventures in Paradise flyer by Tiki Tony with a limited edition tiki necklace made by Polynesiac. Also a very cool blueprint copy of the Port of Seven Seas, Inc. Trade Winds Restaurant and a green Frankie's Tiki Room swizzle!

Postcard from Tiki Diablo, flyer card from DBTC, mini menu from Honolulu Harry's, mini photo postcard album from the Waikiki Hula Show(Mike Roberts photography) and a $3.00 bill from the Cook Islands.

"Deep Sea" crypto glass, drum mug from Lucky Pierre's, Waikiki, matchbook from The Beachcomber in Canada and a matchbook from the Luau Beverly Hills!

DVD of Adventures in Paradise (episode 9, season 2-December 5th, 1960), CD of "Music From The Rincon Room" and another cool DVD "Beach Ball". No need to rent any movies this weekend!

Mahalos Ron for everything, you outdid yourself! It's funny, when I am out tiki hunting and don't see any mugs, I always look at the glassware hoping to find one of the Deep Sea ones. Very cool, my friend!

Also, thank you to Sandra Dee (and leleliz) for putting another successful tiki mug swap together again. Maybe another one at the end of summer-The Endless Summer Tiki mug trade?

Later,

PTD

Glad you liked the stuff we sent PTD. My box arrived yesterday from my friend to the North, Dustycajun and it was loaded with good stuff...

Zombie Village note card, DTB coaster and card for the Waitiki event, swizzles from The Kona Kai, Hawaiian Luau, and Tommy Wong's Islands

Mugs....the middle one I have owned twice and broke twice, part of one is decor in our pond. Nice to have a whole one again!

Some items from one of the kings of paper...matchcovers from Bali Hai, Mai Kai, DTB, and the Hawaiian Hut. Napkins From Trader Vics, Halakulani, and Port Of Call New Orleans.

Postcards from DTB, Mai Kai (2), and Bali Hai

Mahalo DC & SandraDee

i just got a lovely package of goodies from Naneki.

I have to say the totally highlight of this box was the fork and spoon. I have 2 sets of the giant ones and I love them to death. Never seen small ones and I will use these for serving at my next "Holiday Hukilau" party :)

thanks SO much for the goodies Nancy, they all have a happy new home in my funky tiki house

D

A big Mahalo to Loki-Tiki, who sent me some great Aloha from Sunny California to Upstate New York! Included in the mug trade was a fabulous Trader Vic's Voodoo Tumbler. The great extras included a new swizzle, some vintage Hawaiiana pieces, and a Shag CD case that will be the envy of the musicheads I spend a lot of time hanging with.

Cheers!

dcman

8T

On 2011-04-14 23:00, SandraDee wrote:

8Ft Tiki word is you are getting 1 dozen Harvey bucket mugs -- be excited!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got my swap the other day and just posting now. (It's been one of THOSE weeks, I seem to have a lot of 'em.)

It's a box full o'fantastic!

Fogcutter bamboo mug, Kona Kai matches, Hukelani button. Location, Location, Location!
Some swizzles and art on the wrap that didn't make it into the pic. But the piece de resistance is the Modern Bob art! On black velvet!

I'm a new convert to the Cult of Bob, having only recently realized that he symbolizes everything I like about tiki.

Mahalos gabbahey!

G

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
gabbahey

Aloha all,
Received my swap from Pikeys Dog,
a Box full of cool Stuff !

-a Frankie's Tiki Mug,
-a very cool Moku HeiHei Ashtray / Seashell made by Pikeys Dog,
-Devils Reef Coaster and Postcard,
-"New Old Stock" Beachcomber Swizzles, Picks and Matches,
-a Coconut Candle,
-Postcards, Stirrers, Swizzles and Union Jack Picks.

• MANY THANKS JOE -

Cheers and Mahalo from Switzerland,

Rene / HelveTiki

Thank you ZeroTiki! I got my swap while packing for a week at the beach and didn't get to post my pictures. Loved the decorated box and all that good stuff. Pictures in about a week. Thanks again!

U

Received great box from TIKIPOPS. Lots of goodies and two mugs..neither of which I own. A Tommy Bahama Rum mug and a Moose McGillicuddy's mug (nee Libbey?) from Maui. Thanks

N

On 2011-04-16 12:47, catmomma wrote:
i just got a lovely package of goodies from Naneki.
I have to say the totally highlight of this box was the fork and spoon. I have 2 sets of the giant ones and I love them to death. Never seen small ones and I will use these for serving at my next "Holiday Hukilau" party :)

thanks SO much for the goodies Nancy, they all have a happy new home in my funky tiki house

Glad you like the goodies (and to think I almost left out the "hokie" spoon & fork). If you come up with a good recipe for the ginger liqueur, please share it with me.

Nancy

N

Isle of Tiki:

I safely received your box o' goodies and will post pictures soon. Thank you very much.

I love the mug. I don't have anything remotely similar to it. And it's just a perfect example of a tiki mug.

I loved the coasters, match books, cards and swizzles as well.

Thanks again.

[ Edited by: Naneki 2011-04-20 12:50 ]

T

Ukutiki,

I'm glad you liked all of the goodies & the mugs were ones you didn't have.

Mike

T

I received a big package from Trutiki last week.

Included was vintage post cards, new art post cards, Ritualis CD, custom drinks cards, home made note cards with Trudy's own collection photos on the front, A framed tiki picture, Moai bottle opener , Mr. G TikiMaster Hot Wheel type car, glass tiki candle, tiki pill box, tiki rubber stamp, Kona Kai swizzle, & a very cool Kona Club mug.

Trudy, Thank you very much for this awesome package.
Mike

Can the week get any better? I get home on Sunday after attending the first ever Mojave Oasis event only to find a box on my door step from one of my favorite TC posters, Uncle Trav.

Inside the box was a bountiful Tiki bonanza.

A note card on Trav's homemade paper, a Trader Vic's Chinese Country Cooking menu and some swanky napkins (I could have used these for the Tent and Trailer Crawl!).

Next up the swizzles

Hawaiian Airlines Tiki pic, Holiday Inn Hawaii surfboard, very rare Maori Village in W. Palm Beach, a Kahala Hilton and a Kuhio Hotel (I only had the Hilton one in my collection).

Now on to the mug. My very first Mai Kai barrel mug, sweet!

An finally, one of Uncle Trav's custom, handmade, amazingly beautiful Tiki Huts!!

I was floored when I saw this in the box as I know how long it takes you to make these.

Uncle Trav, thank's so much, you went above and beyond the call of duty. Everything is awesome.

DC

HOK

I got my box, chock full with Tiki Goodness!! Thanks Tikipug (Jason)

Where to start?? Cool matches from Kauai Beachboy Hotel,Hukilau 2003 & 2005, Castaways Hotel, Frankie's TikiRoom,9th Wave and Cormacs Bash III...Swizzles from Frankie's, Ohana Luau on the Lake, Skull with blue eyes, mermaid mug hanger and mini Devil with pitchfork...

A couple of Shag postcards, one from Forbidden Island and a couple of napkins...one from Trader Vic's and a Shag, Venus one also :) On to the Drinkware... One TikiFarm Shotglass and a killer flamed mug from TikiFarm aanndd a Rocks glass from Den of Sin...

But wait.... there's more...A tin of pineapple flavored cocktail candy, a nice t-shirt from Cruzan Rum and a Frankenstein card from VelvetGlass.

Thankyou for another sucessful Swap! Freddie

C

is beginning to wonder if her swap box was received. Hope it didn't get lost in the lovely postal service. I sent it off 2 weeks ago

[ Edited by: catmomma 2011-04-19 20:09 ]

Z

How did FenrixTiki know that I had just started watching Twin Peaks for the first time recently?

I was absolutely delighted to find my package of Aloha waiting for me today!
A plethora of ephemeric goodiness:

X-eyes, whose crisp lines sent him to my happy home:

And a headhunter from the Bookhouse Pub! So very cool!

Now I should call up Agent Cooper, and snack on some damn fine cherry pie..
(with a MaiTai to wash it down)

So very pleased! Many Mahalos to all involved!
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-19 21:18 ]

I am hoping everyone has shipped. If not please be sure to pm me if you are going to be late (which you are already if it aint in the mail!).

I havent gone back in the thread but if your name is on this list and you havent gotten your box yet expect it soon :)

These are all the names I have heard from as of today.

Trutiki
Gabbahey
Nanetiki
Lighting Steve
Tropical Icebergs

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-19 23:47 ]

On 2011-04-18 22:20, Dustycajun wrote:
Can the week get any better? I get home on Sunday after attending the first ever Mojave Oasis event only to find a box on my door step from one of my favorite TC posters, Uncle Trav.

DC, glad you enjoyed the trade. I had a bunch of fun putting together the box-o-stuff. Happy to hear that you didn't have some of the items in your collection already. Keep up the good work and enjoy. Looks like a great trade by all this go around.

Hopefully mine made it to it's tradee safe and sound? If not, let me know and I can replace what I sent.

PTD

Hey y'all....shipping takes at least 5-7 days if you are shipping within the US...give the boxes another day or so to get there.

Also if you have received your box and can not post a photo for whatever reason please PM YOUR TRADEEE so they know you got it.

And Duane whatever you sent you can send to us...why not..I know you have quadruples of the items anyways!

T

There was a knock on the door yesterday from the mail lady and after a few evil glares from my fiance, the package was allowed to enter our domain!
Then it was calmly explaining that "No, it's not from Ebay! No, I didn't buy anything! No, I didn't spend the kid's college fund! No, I didn't break my promise about spending $$$......." You know, the same thing you all go through all the time! :wink:

My package arrived from Trutiki (THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!) right as we were leaving for a week so not only do I have to keep myself waiting patiently, all of you will have to wait as well!! Sorry but the package literally arrived just as we were heading out and no way was I about to open it with the Mrs. standing over me holding a crying baby!!

To be cont........

TabooDan

T

I am so glad then that I spent extra to send it EXPRESS mail on April 6. My stuff gets to Germany quicker than BC!

For a brief moment I submitted a picture of the USPS Express receipt but then realized it had both our addresses on it and probably even my phone number. But then I realized my breach of your privacy. I apologize, but you can ask SandraDee since I sent her the tracking number on April 6.

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-21 08:44 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-21 08:47 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-21 08:47 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-21 09:07 ]

C

mine was sent out priority mail 15 days ago to my own state. sigh I hope the recipient is just off on a vacation and not that the post office ate it.

T

Got back from Mojave Oasis and I had this lovely package waiting on my doorstep...

Inside was an awesome haul from dcman!

A cool mug from Otto's Shrunken Head in NYC, a glass millefiore paperweight, a Shag DVD, a couple of neat prints, yummy cocktail flavored Jelly Bellys, a collection of ephemera, including a cool Mai Kai postcard, and a Mai Tai Exotic Cocktail Guide (we mixed up a couple of the recipes already... delish!) And a very nice note from dcman!

Mahalos Dan!

8T

Got my traders goodies a couple of days ago. Finally getting around to posting the photo now. Guess who I got? PSYCHO TIKI D !! Boy did he hook me up. Check it out:

JACKPOT!!!
Stockton Islander Hula Mug, Mark Thomas Outrigger mug, big coco joes Lono and Kanaloa, Coral Reef and Trader Dicks matches, Matches, swizzles and picks from the Beachcomber in Canada and a couple of unmarked brown swizzles. No wooden mugs or a single Harveys bucket mug. Thanks for everything Duane.

A package has arrived from across the waters..Sent by House Of Ku..A most wonderful and exotic a package as one could ever hope for...beautiful island girls, lave, drinking gifts and ideas..and as the fates would have not a thing in this box was like any I already had. The most extraordinary bits enclosed would have to be the pieces dug up at the factory site ,destroyed by fire of the Famous Coco Joe's...a name known by all since they were old enough to spell TIKI..
....WOW and a very big Thank you for a fantastic trade surprise.....8)

Just wanted to thank Unkle John for the swap. I received a ccol Norwegian cruise line bird mug and a Shonfelds shot glass along with some other fun goodies. I'm having camera issues at the moment so I'll post a photo later. Thanks again.

HOK

On 2011-04-22 07:48, Tropical_Icebergs wrote:

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/6675/4db193d6.jpg)  

....WOW and a very big Thank you for a fantastic trade surprise.....8)

:) Glad you likee! Aloha, Freddie

From Leleliz :

Ka'lenatiki was my trader and all I have to say is thanks so much Steve! I actually do not own any of what you sent so you were able to add to my collection which is awesome.

Thank you for the napkins, tissues, DTB swag, pen, desktop sized moai,shot glass and two mugs! Loved it all and thank you for such a great swap box! The more we collect the harder it seems to surprise someone with "new" finds...I feel lucky you were able to do just that!

Looks like everyone has been getting some great stuff -- glad to see this swap thread has continued!

Aloha xoxox

Liz

8Ft Tiki Duane was SUPPOSED to send you all those bucket mugs....leave it to him to try and actually make you HAPPY with your package :)

Great boxes everyone

Let me know if you are still waiting for yours...or if you still have not shipped.

Atomictonytiki (who is out of town right now) your box was shipped a bit late but I am sure it will be at your house waiting for you when you get home

TikiPug your box was shipped late as well--but you have been pm'd why :)

Anyone else with problems shoot me a message !

Got my box from Lightning Steve and could not be happier. Steve I did not have any of the great items you sent in my collection. Everything is a fantastic addition. A killer Dirty Donny mug by Tiki Farm, two Frankie's swizzle sticks, two Kahiki paddle swizzles, a cool little shot glass, Frankie's matches, sex on the beach mini kit, a Frankies's sticker and a cool Pocketiki postcard. A great trade indeed. Thanks Lighting Steve !!!!!!!!!!!

S

The tiki bunny made me happy today! I'd been out of town all week and my swap from Canada was here waiting when I got back. Way to go Slacks! A Johnny Pineapple LP, Breakfast of Champions soundtrack CD (Martin Denny music - didn't make the photo because I'm listening to it right now), Paul Marshall coffee cup, Al Harrington mug, a buzillion hawaiian postcards, Hawaii souvenir flag, swizzles, umbrellas, tiki Margarita glass, one of those things you pour booze with, and even seashells!
Mucho Mahalo To Ya!

the second of my trades arrived Saturday AM (All the way from Thailand) but I've only just had time to unpack and photograph it...

...and it's contents...

A cool Atomic Tony Tiki Mug by Tiki Farm (so glad i held back on purchasing one now)

A nice carved Tiki Keychain

A nicely hand drawn message card (on the back of a card that i think i traded with him last trade - a great way to get it back)

and a cool set of childrens Tiki PJs...

A friend of mine has just had his first son (18 mnths old), so he will be the best dressed shaved chimp in town!

Mahalo A.T.T. for another cool trade.

i received both of my awesome trades from Ukutiki & Slacks Ferret
many thanks!

T

On 2011-04-19 01:18, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
I got my box, chock full with Tiki Goodness!! Thanks Tikipug (Jason)

Thankyou for another sucessful Swap! Freddie

You are welcome Freddie. I'm glad you liked everything.

Got my first swap package on Thursday from Ukutiki:

Includes a Otagiri crossed arm mug I didn't have (awesome!) and a Moy's Japanese steakhouse Hotei Buddha (which I'll use when I make Beachbum Berry's Happy Buddha recipe.):

Ukutiki also included many swizzles and a li'l hawaiian doll.

Thanks muchly Ukutiki!

i recieved my bounty today....thanks to Tropical icebergs..things are really bigger from Texas
an amazing box of tiki treasure.......a great Trader vics mug...squeeki tiki...a cd of Lucas Vigor sounds..Shag tiki drinks,,a big book of tiki drinks.
.candle holder....a tommy bahama mug...tiki tee shots..a sex on the beach kit...YEAH,,,,tiki necklace ...hula girl pendant..bali hai mini torches...salt and pepper set....booze
beast coasters..a painted turtle rock..some texas bluebonnet seeds..tiki hut key rack...WOW.....amazing....THANK YOU.....
if you get to oasis it would be my pleasure to share an adult beverage with you.

Besides TikiPug whose box should be there tomorrow anyone else waiting?

Please pm me!

Big Mahalo to Catmomma in SD for all the loot!!!

Can't wait for the next swap!

Please note: Veiner is included for scale only and was not included in the swap.

G

Got my amazing package last night after a long vacation. Great stuff, I'll try to post pictures tonight.

gabbahey

T

Got my box yesterday. Will try to post pic tomorrow

The Thai post finally got around to leaving a delivery note, so I popped up to the post office and picked up this lovely parcel...

what's inside, delayed gratification is the best gratification...

..by the tiki gods it's the mother load..

...what a lovely pile of ephemera, coasters, matchbooks, mints, tooth picks, swizzels, stickers, plastic event cups and last years Frankies calender. PLus some absolute treasures Tiki Bob luggage label (attached to my bag seconds after the picture was taken), card craft tiki card (containing a really lovely letter), an Easter Island Easter egg (the only easter egg I got this year, a Tonga Hut print (currently searching for a suitable frame), the new book of tiki mug (I had been day dreaming that this would be the mug I'd get in the swap, it gave me quite a shock to find it in the box) and finally a hand made PNG mug (beautifully made with great glazing).

Thank you very much Eric October aka Tobunga, cheers!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies