Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

thor rum paintings ...back for summer special!! commission too!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

HEY ALL!!! I have had a year of projects that took me FAR too away from TC but happy to say my focus from now through the next couple Months will be on commissions I have lined up and some SUPER cooll new surprises for Tiki Oasis!! SHRUNKEN HEADS TOO! LOL!! I will present a NEW sculpt that will blow some minds!! Anyway, I have gotten a lot of requests this past season for more rum sketch paintings. I will be doing some themes I think work best but have also started accepting some requests to do other subjects..from WWII Hard hat divers, mermaids and even a portrait of a couples hairless CAT!! LOL!! Fun outlet for me to fire up the 151 and paint these.
Galleries have been selling these for 11" by 14" image..Rum on Acid Free thick cotton paper, framed for around $500.00 too $600.00. What I am doing is working directly with those interested who contact me direct and I have put together a REALLY sweet SUMMER deal! Rum Painting originals, signed and dedicated are $250.00. Matted! Buy 2 for 450.00, save $50.00. Buy three, for $600.00 and save $150.00 (hint...get three friends together and place as a group order!) Shipping is around $10.00 in U.S OR pick up from me at Tiki Oasis in San Diego in mid August.(I will be at my usal pool side suite vending with Taboo Island and Max).
I am open to custom images as long as it is not too complex like scenics, oceanscapes, multi subjects, etc. Best subjects are simple and things that look rustic and whimsical in rum...think like a pirate or south seas adventurer painting with RUM! These are a great way to own one of my originals and make excellent personalized gifts. Imagine your honey as a mermaid in RUM..OR for you fellah's...a caricature of you as a pirate or "beachcomber" in RUM takes the cake in your Tiki bar!

Below is a flyer announcing this...prices are here in this post above. You can contact me on Facebook under "Tom Thordarson" or "Thor Art". OR e-mail me direct: [email protected] Ofcourse I will also be selling these through limited distributors like "Tabooisland.com" (ask for Max!). I Will bring some to Tiki Oasis this summer as well...AND....For every purchase, I donate one shot of HOT rum to my esophagus to keep me primed for the Summer events too!
Can't wait to see friends at Tiki Oasis soon!! ALOHA! ~~~THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's 2011-05-22 07:02 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 22, 2011 7:16 PM

So, do you have any examples? How do we know we're going to like your crap? :D

M

LOL!!

T

Ernie! Ofcourse!! I have the one of you posing in the conch shell!! lol!! Can you beliebve we are already almost to another T-Oasis??

GlaD U R BACK MAKING TIKI ART!!

T

Thanks Brad!! I seriously needed a break... Have kept commissions going but just needed a "sorbet" to get away from the commercial pressures, get back on track and get back to what I really am inspired by personally. It's so easy to get caught up in the retail game...and it just is poisoning I felt to originality and inspiration for me...you know the feeling, you are an artist too!! lol! Been busy with entertainment Design projects with Disney and others...and I really am "refreshed" and have some new concepts beginning to crank for the summer with Tiki things. Hope all is going well with you buddy!! Love the latest paintings! You gotta get out to Tiki Oasis if you can!!..it would be great to see yah!!!!

I'm with Brad!
Always a joy when youdive backinto Tiki
in between your many other projects!
THREE CHEERS FOR RUM
and Paintings made out of it!!!!!

T

THANKS for leaving the light on for me!! lol! Looking forward to seeing you and your enchanting creatiions this summer. Keep your brushes smokin' hot!! ~~~

Tom!!!
I am in!

T

Got yah Bob~ Getting a nice stack of rum wish lists here so I will start to slow warm the rum for a flare session soon!! lol!!

Pages: 1 9 replies