Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Portable Bamboo over PVC Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 5 replies

RT

Here are pics of my portable Tiki Bar. The Bar top is 24" by 72". The bar frame is made from 1 1/4 pvc with support legs using 1" pvc. I made hollow bamboo by drilling two connected 12" extension through bamboo then fitting that bamboo over the 1" pvc. To fit the 1" pvc through the 1 1/4" I used a Woodstock D2854 1-5/16" Forstner Bit Woodstock D2854 1-5/16" which is the exact outside diameter of a 1" pvc pipe. I used hole saws to cut the holes for the bamboo frame to make the roof. Then I drilled through the entire bamboo piece and inserted glue covered dowels to hold the frame tightly in place. For further info just ask.

T

Hello! Excellent portable tiki bar, and very clever!

P
Polly posted on Mon, Jun 27, 2011 8:11 PM

Really Flexible minded person.
Good job!

I picked up most of the PVC from our local thrift store. The 1 1/4 connectors were a bit pricey because of shipping. The roof folds together on a long piano hinge to make it more portable. The bar top and shelves are cut from a single piece of cabinet grade plywood. This is a fairly portable bar. I say fairly because the thatch roof is over 7' long and rigid. The thatch I ordered came in two pieces and I simply constructed the bamboo roof framing to match the size of the thatch. All in all this is a straight forward project. PVC is easy to work with and cheap. Thanks for the comments.

Nice job!!!

I agree, awesome job and very clever!!

Pages: 1 5 replies