Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Pele Pauls Jungle Cruise themed tiki yard/bari

Pages: 1 39 replies

PP

Hey All,
New to the forum but have been working on the yard and tikis for about 10 years and after seeing Murphs place, I thought I'd show my little slice of heaven, comments are welcome,
Mahalo!!

That has got a nice campy vibe to it...great job!!!

Love it. Well done.

Welcome to TC Pele Paul

"When life hands you lemons, make a tiki bar!" Very ecclectic, I like it. Does Buddha have a rifle? The lovely model with the cooley hat looks like her shirt is one of the personalized "Your Last Name" University. We ordered those for everyone in the family for Christmas one year - great fun!

Lot's of fun and so much to look at. Love the feel of it.

Mike, I was thinking the same thing when I was flipping through the pictures. Is Buddha packing heat? LOL

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 26, 2011 9:09 AM

Now that's a fun little tiki backyard. Has a great vibe. GROG like.

PP

hey all, thanks for the kind words! Yea i wanted something that was Disney's Tiki Room meets the jungle cruise meets the Indiana Jones ride. Ive always loved all the cool stuff they put out for you to look at as you walk through the line. I also have a decent stero pumping out great cheezy Hawaiian music and another with live animal & cricket sounds, great for the night, as well as lots of cool red mood lighting!! mostley tikis, over 15 full standing tiki totems about 6 foot to 4 foot, but it will always be a work in progress lol!!

thanks again

paul

PP

P
Polly posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2011 6:13 PM

So many tiki statues in your bar!
You must love them very much. :)
Glad to see your work.

Is there such a thing as too many tikis in a bar? LOL
Love the look of the place, however I have to admit that the mannequin is kinda creeping me out. HAHA Do you keep him under cover from the elements normally so his uniform doesn't get messed up?

A

Wow, impressive! Right down to the "hidden" Mickey they put in every Disney attraction.

Hey this looks like alot of fun. Have you considered playing jungle sounds in the background?

I love it! I've always had a love for Adventureland and the theme woven throughout. I've been collecting or making stuff for awhile and you have given me a few ideas I hadn't yet thought of yet.

Bonus on the rifle. Every self respecting jungle explorer wouldn't be caught without one. I have one that will no longer be gathering dust in the closet (it is old and no longer fire-able)

K

aloha Pele Paul,

love the look of your place mate!!.. it's a jungle out there..

one question..

..is that an australian army slouch hat on the grey jerry can?

*(and in other pics)

[ Edited by: komohana 2011-07-02 20:06 ]

B
Bonj posted on Sat, Jul 2, 2011 8:19 PM

On 2011-07-02 19:58, komohana wrote:
aloha Pele Paul,

one question..

Looks like one to me, but I can't make out the insignia. I love the pith helmet too... perfect for people to stagger around in when they get pithed...

PP

On 2011-07-02 20:19, Bonj wrote:

On 2011-07-02 19:58, komohana wrote:
aloha Pele Paul,

one question..

yes, its one of two Aussi hats I have this one is more of a tourist one, my mom brought it back in the 90s. I do have a WWII era one too. But without the Army badge, good eye!!

paul
Looks like one to me, but I can't make out the insignia. I love the pith helmet too... perfect for people to stagger around in when they get pithed...

PP

On 2011-07-02 17:41, blindy the pirate wrote:
I love it! I've always had a love for Adventureland and the theme woven throughout. I've been collecting or making stuff for awhile and you have given me a few ideas I hadn't yet thought of yet.

Bonus on the rifle. Every self respecting jungle explorer wouldn't be caught without one. I have one that will no longer be gathering dust in the closet (it is old and no longer fire-able)

Glad I could be of some help!! yea I need to find another rifle like an old French MAS 36 or Mauser rifle to add to the "Jungle Theme" Ive also got a back pack, radio, and pack board to add! Im out there everyday doing something lol

paul

PP

On 2011-07-02 14:12, gold zephyr wrote:
Hey this looks like alot of fun. Have you considered playing jungle sounds in the background?

hahaha Ive actually got 2 sound systems out there, one plays Hawaiian music non stop... the other has sounds of the jungle at night, sounds of the jungle daytime, Rainforest, Lily pond sounds of the ocean, and about 10 more lol!!!

PP

Ive been so blown away by everyones home bars (inside) that I have taken over the garage and plan to build a winter tiki bar resort circa 1960s. IVE ALREADY GOT SOME COOL 60S ERA BAR SWAG, JUST HAVE TO CONVERT IT INTO TIKI SWAG!! Of course the wife would still like to park her new Bitchen' Camero in the garage so I'll have to make room for that. photos fourth coming of new project......

PP

Heres a few updates,......

this wood file cabinet holds all my electronics, 2 sound systems and all my switches for lighting

[ Edited by: Pele Paul 2011-07-08 09:01 ]

Some great additions. I just want to come over with a shopping basket and gather up a few things. :) As for the Camaro in the garage. JEEESH, why do people feel they need to park cars in garages? I just don't get it. They make such perfect winter-time bars. HAHA Perhaps there can be a compromise? Carport nearby? Of course, the idea of a pulldown bar that is hooked up to pulleys on the ceiling of the garage has attraction to it. hmmmmmm.....

PP

I agree!! The wife says I can do what ever I want in the garage as long as she can get her car in and out, so that got me thinking!!! I can push everything to one side, and when people come over set everything up, it is a two car garage so Ive got plenty of room for more junk, I mean high end tiki collectibles!! I'll probably start as soon as I get the funds and it cools down a bit, the garage is not a fun place at high noon in the summer in So Cal. Just got my first item this past weeken; a really nice Japanese WWII era "Meat-Ball" flag, silk, which will tie in with the whole South seas circa 1940s era bar theme....more photos to come!!!

I love it. Nothing beats the lost in the jungle layered outpost look. Great collection of stuff. Very diverse and still in the perfect range of the theme. Very, very cool.

PP

On 2011-07-11 18:18, Matt Reese wrote:
I love it. Nothing beats the lost in the jungle layered outpost look. Great collection of stuff. Very diverse and still in the perfect range of the theme. Very, very cool.

Thanks Matt!! yea I just picked up a really cool Disney Jungle cruise cast member's safari coat from Disney World, wish it was chilli so i could wear it, lol. and I have a line on some cool nautical stuff which I should be getting later this week hopefully, damn bills keep coming in the mail, how long after PAST DUE do I have before they send over Bruno to break my fingers??? lol

What part of the country are you in?

PP

On 2011-07-12 11:26, TIKI DAVID wrote:
What part of the country are you in?

Im in So Cal San Dimas to be exact 210 fwy and 57 fwy meet!! Right in the heart of Tiki Land!!!

got to say this is a awsome build so far. I think the layered look like this is really hard to pull off and not have it look like a yard sale! :) fact is , i wouldnt mind shopping there.

PP

On 2011-07-15 07:39, ka'lenatiki wrote:
got to say this is a awsome build so far. I think the layered look like this is really hard to pull off and not have it look like a yard sale! :) fact is , i wouldnt mind shopping there.

lol thanks! I was afraid after awhile it would look like a yard sale! just got back from Disneyland with some more great ideas!!!

here are a few updates from our sat night 40s era USO style Tiki party! went with the whole WWII South pacific theme, and decided to keep some of it out there!

WWII style MERMITE can which works great as a cooler!

Japanese army cap on the head

Captured Japanese silk flag!

7 dollar flowers!

5.00 parrot, gotta love those thrift stores!!

S

nice PRC-6 radio...where did you find that?

guess i could ask the same about the '17 bolo in this pic too....sorry,as a geardo, suplus gear gets my attention..lol.now all you need is part of a wing from a Zero or something...

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 06:24 ]

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 06:27 ]

PP

On 2011-07-23 06:14, savoy6 wrote:

nice PRC-6 radio...where did you find that?

guess i could ask the same about the '17 bolo in this pic too....sorry,as a geardo, suplus gear gets my attention..lol.now all you need is part of a wing from a Zero or something...

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 06:24 ]

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 06:27 ]

Hey savoy 6, tell Bulldog to have Puff "Put it on the camp","Those people have it we don't!!" lol
my other love is Vietnam era uniforms and equipment as well as my office is decorated in US WWII Navy aviators and subs as well as WWII Kriegsmarine U-boat stuff. just took some of the items I had in the War room and office and brought them outside lol, I should post some pix of the war room and office lol
paul

PP

The war room.....

had a 1960s era Vietnam tiki bar before....

try and combine my love of all things tiki with the 60s era items

and the WWII era office....

all started when I was a kid and saw The green berets with John Wayne, I use to do a lot of TV work, and every once in a while I'll see myself on TV on the history channel or military channel :)
sorry its not all tiki

S

HEY Big Farb...lol...you here too?...funny how there so much hobby crossover for some of us...lol..
i'd love to have the space to combine a whole post WW2/tiki/south pac thing in my bar that i have in my head...along with some french feel too..

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 16:49 ]

Nice collections...I'd like to come over shopping too.

On 2011-07-23 16:40, savoy6 wrote:
HEY Big Farb...lol...you here too?...funny how there so much hobby crossover for some of us...lol..
i'd love to have the space to combine a whole post WW2/tiki/south pac thing in my bar that i have in my head...along with some french feel too..

[ Edited by: savoy6 2011-07-23 16:49 ]

lol yea crazy huh?!got tired of the Vietnam airsoft site and am directing my energies toward Tiki! even converting part of the garage into a tiki bar too

I hope there is no fighting in the "WarRoom"

HEY Big Farb...lol...you here too?

Paul,

I'm guessing that Big Farb was a user name of yours on another forum? You ever meet up with a Boyd Miles from VA? He used to do Vietnam reenacting, pronably before your time. You ever do any Civil War reenacting?

(for those TC Ohana who don't understand reenactorspeak and have no idea the meaning of what savoy6 called Pele Paul, if interested I direct you to;
Who was the Founding Father of Farb?)

Bear

PP

On 2011-07-24 02:37, Brudda Bear wrote:

HEY Big Farb...lol...you here too?

Paul,

I'm guessing that Big Farb was a user name of yours on another forum? You ever meet up with a Boyd Miles from VA? He used to do Vietnam reenacting, pronably before your time. You ever do any Civil War reenacting?

(for those TC Ohana who don't understand reenactorspeak and have no idea the meaning of what savoy6 called Pele Paul, if interested I direct you to;
Who was the Founding Father of Farb?)

Bear

hey bear, don't do any nam reenacting, just living history, here in cali its really hard to have a correct M-16 or AK-47 and way tooo many Farbs! I was hoping when Airsoft got big that this would change, but sadley Vietnam will always be the ugly step child that everyone does as a secondary impression! and will continue to be as they say "close enough" while Im a 100% "Stich nazi"
funny thing about FARB, a buddy tells a different story.....
it stems from "Far Be it from me" to tell you what you have on is wrong but..... hence FARBY Ive since started calling some of these Farby airsofters Farb-Softers
sorry for getting off topic all....

PP

a few more lol

PP

Pages: 1 39 replies