Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki-fied wall shelf: the closest I'll get to my own private Tiki bar, at least for now...

Pages: 1 5 replies

Looking at all the great Tiki arts & craft projects and home Tiki bars on Tiki Central is truly awe inspiring. I would love to use my creativity to build out a complete bar of my own, with lush tropical vegetation, miles of split bamboo, and lighting just bright enough to see the drink sitting directly in front of you. Alas, my resources and living situation do not allow me to fully indulge my Tiki fantasies. However, I was able to put together a Tiki-fied shelf beneath my usual rotating collection of LPs-as-wall-art, if only for the summer season.

Here's a close up of just the shelf area...that matchbook in the middle next to the wood carved fallen Tiki is from Lani Kai in NYC. :)

Lighting makes all the difference!

Check out the right and left sides of the shelf in greater detail...

I know it ain't much to look at, but it makes me smile. :) I thought you'd all get a kick out of my little slice of Tiki paradise. Enjoy!

It's not about the size...its the ambiance...and you got it going on. Good job!!!

Thanks for your kind words, VampiressRN! :)

You Know, everyone starts somewhere, a long time ago, I started with a small shelf in a small apartment(true story), so keep doing what you can do....its a great start...

I think you have done an awesome job and i assure you it is much more tiki than anything I have on display currently. Most of my tiki stuff is in boxes. You have a great thing started! Keep it up.

Good vibes going on with that set up!

Pages: 1 5 replies