Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Mag Release Party August 5th at the Purple Orchid

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

TS

John-O,
If that's you in the distorted picture above having had a few Shrunken Heads then I remember you too. I think I told you some lady was trying to get your attention and you didn't believe me. Did you find her? My pal and I were sitting in the back by the pool table helping some ladies with their Sex on the Beach. They asked us to stick our straws in and partake of some nectar. So...we did.
Um...anyway, next time that TC is going to have such a huge attendance, we should have a sign-in sheet with screen names and actual names so we can at least have a roster of attendance. Maybe even a roll call so folks can see eachother. Just my $0.02.
Good times, huh?
OK...glad I also have a picture of me with the auspicious Jonpaul Balak. Cheers Jonpaul! Thanks for jumpin' in.
TS

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Aug 8, 2011 6:56 PM

Yup, that was me so I guess we did meet (kinda). :)

Name tags are a good idea, I often thought Hanford should market some special cool TC button that you could put your Tiki name on. Name tags seem kind of nerdy but I do require them when I'm running my own Tiki events. There had to be at least 30 TC people at the PO, several of them being key Tiki artists and musicians...

"TC was representin'... NickTiki, MakeDaMug, Thor, Mr. J., Mr. & Mrs. Flaming Tiki, Atomic Tiki Punk, Jungle Ginger, HappyChi, KrisDrama, Bearded Bastard, Tobunga, Manuel, JonPaul, Marie, Tikiyaki, Kirby, BigTikiDude, Chuck Tatum, PolyPop, Tangaroa-Ru, SoccerTiki, WooHooWahine, and probably lot's more I can't remember. And yes Bruddah Bear does exists, it was good to finally meet him. (And now that I remember: Tiki Bird, UtopianDreem, Mo-Eye, Insect Dave, Tiki-Ray & Cindy, and TC Hula Girls Spike, Tiki Bong, and Lucas Vigor.)

I used to just ask people "Are you Tiki Central ?" when I would encounter an unknown person sporting Aloha-wear in a Tiki joint. I'd get about a 20% hit rate on people who would even know what TC is. I'm going to get back into that habit again.

And thanks for the photos, BTW !! The rest of us were not doing our Tiki duty in documenting such a great event. :(

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-08-09 18:20 ]

TS

On 2011-08-08 18:56, JOHN-O wrote:
Yup, that was me so I guess we did meet (kinda). :)

Well then here are a couple pix of you swingin' with a lady in green.

BTW, I think JonPaul must be part Maori...check that tongue!

And check Thor's devil eyes above Dinah's left, um, next to her left shoulder.

Chop'em, drop'em and cruise'em. It ain't cool if they don't drool!

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-08-08 20:36 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-08-08 20:37 ]

Nice roll call John-O, Thanks for the cocktail also!!!, Excellent job on the TikiMag article/interview

TM

Last time we used name tags at an event, every single person present put the name "Ken Ruzik" on theirs!

TS

On 2011-08-09 07:56, lucas vigor wrote:
Last time we used name tags at an event, every single person present put the name "Ken Ruzik" on theirs!

Yeah...that's kinda why I'm thinkin' just a little roll call and hand raise between sets or somethin'. I remember being at an event once where everyone switched name tags.

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-08-09 08:15 ]

Great pictures, TS! Nice talking to you too. It's very rare that you meet ANYONE else with a 'bullet bird' Ford.
And thanks for the pics! I reposted them on our Facebook page, hope you don't mind! http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls

On 2011-08-09 08:15, Tiki Slob wrote:

On 2011-08-09 07:56, lucas vigor wrote:

Yeah...that's kinda why I'm thinkin' just a little roll call and hand raise between sets or somethin'. I remember being at an event once where everyone switched name tags.

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-08-09 08:15 ]

Sounds to much like going back to school for me, I just like to talk to people at the bar etc.
you know just let it happen kind of thing, John-O is really good at introducing new TCers to all the old timers
Tiki is not for the shy folks, so adopting a "Meet & Greet" policy will get you a whole lot of new friends.

TS

Do what ya like with the pictures Spike. I had a great time taking them and have shared them with so many people over the past couple of days. I think that they have served their purpose.

Bullet Birds are cool...yeah!

TS

Pages: 1 2 56 replies