Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Adam's Tiki Terrace

Pages: 1 18 replies

Hello Everyone, I just joined this wonderful site and wanted to share what I have been working on over the summer. I have a deeply rooted love of all things Tiki and have wanted to create a home Tiki fantasy environment for awhile and came up with the Tiki Terrace. I wanted it to be more than a bar and more of a surround experience. The bamboo wall blocks off the view of the architectural style of the house and only allows those sitting in it to feel like they have been transported to an enchanted isle.

Aaaah, any A-frame warms my heart....EVERYBODY should have an A-frame....and a MURAL !!!

But then these things would not be so special anymore...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-08-16 13:13 ]

TZ

Very nice! Post some more photos. I'm always interested in stealing . . . I mean admiring . . . the ideas of others!

A great start, now get some tropical plants & Tikis around the A-Frame Bar
and you are rocking "Tiki Style"

Wow...very nice...throw in some Tikis and Rum and you've got it made!!!

I would love to see some additional pictures of that! Great job and it sure looks like it would put me in a great tiki state of mind. :)

Beautiful Adam! I too would love to see more pictures of your Tiki Terrace from different angles.

Very inspiring!

Mahalo!

Chris
WestADad

N

On 2011-08-16 12:54, Tiki Zen wrote:
Very nice! Post some more photos. I'm always interested in stealing . . . I mean admiring . . . the ideas of others!

+1

Thank you everyone for the nice replies, here are some pictures of the development of my Tiki Terrace.

I wanted to design a retro 60's style handrail but tiki!

Looking out from the Terrace

I custom designed and built this lamp using my laser cutter and designing a Tikiman logo inspired from the orginal Polynesian Village logo in Walt Disney World.

It's most magical at night.

The great old Tropicana Las Vegas tiki attacking me in front of the fabulous Frankie's Tiki Room!

Thanks for the extra pictures Adam, very nice! Love the lamps, they are one of my favorite Tiki aspects.

Mahalo!

Chris
WestADad

J

Pretty damn good. Love the handrail.

Wow! That lamp is beautiful! I really like it. The Polynesian Resort still uses a logo very much like what you've got. I took this photo just a few months ago (June 2011) for Critiki.

Thank you for the comments! I love that picture of the Polynesian sign. I'm so happy they haven't taken everything away from the grand old days of that resort!

Totally bitchin'! Mrs. Kahala and I have been inspired by your work. We wanted something to redo our back deck for sometime, but wanted to honor the tiki gods and the spirit of our 1950's house. We're stealing...urrrr... "inspired"....by your terrace and have drawn out our new deck.

More pics, if you please. :drink:

Aloha, The Kahala's

[ Edited by: Deke Kahala 2011-08-20 12:00 ]

Amazing! :D

That handrail is inspired.

S

WOW!!!!! A-frame, lamp, rail, tiki, just wow!!!
I love it! Great job! :)

-Lena

Q

EXCELLENT job Adam! I especially love the lamps...

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Keeps getting better and better. GREAT JOB!!!

Pages: 1 18 replies