Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Please support MadDogMike & Family

Pages: 1 45 replies

The news is traveling fast, TCs own MadDogMike's wife Leslie passed away last Thursday
I was lucky to have met her, she was a real sweat heart and every bit the person you
would expect some one as nice and giving as Mike would be married to!

All of our thoughts are with you Mike.

Please see this post & more info here:
http://apps.mgilbert.net/Blog/

And here: http://m.ivpressonline.com/ivp/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=AbqPBWY8&full=true#display

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-08-21 22:44 ]

T

I cannot express the sadness I feel after reading this post. Our deepest heartfelt condolences to Mike and his family.

I just got home from Oasis and read this sad news .My condolences go out to Mike and
his family during this very difficult time !

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family.

Bear

H

This is so sad, she was such a beautiful woman. My condolences to Mike and his family.

M
mp posted on Sun, Aug 21, 2011 11:36 PM

Mike, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family. I wish I was
near for a huge hug, mp.

W

I'm sorry I never got to meet Leslie. Mike I hope your wonderful memories will help bring you peace during this time.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Chris

Life is short and we must cherish every minute of it. My thoughts and blessings are with you during this difficult time.

Mike-just crushed about this.... My hearts and prayers and hugs are soaring your way.
It's hard to find words.... Leslie was such a sweet woman....
She always had a smile and a warmth that filled the area...
i'm so sorry...
Remember,your ohana is here if you need us.....

I'm saddened to hear this news Mike, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

T

Mike I'm so sorry to hear this.
You are in my prayers.

My condolences to you and yours.

So sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you and your family

They are some people on Tiki Central that make it what it is
they serve a roll or position here, In Mike's case he is the "Heart" of TC
and also quite often he is the chief Diplomat.

As a testament to this fact, Mike did not want the news of Leslie's passing
to bring down the spirits & revelry of everyone who was attending "Tiki Oasis"
So he waited til after Oasis ended to let us know the sad news

He thought of all of us first! above his own grief
Mike I know Leslie would be (and was) proud of you! for who you are.

Our thoughts and prayers are with You & Your Family.

So sorry to hear this. Mike is the best and his huge smile is as big as his heart. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Just saw this post. So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family Mike.

Oh Mike I am so sorry. Words cannot express how sorrowful I feel for you right now. I have had loved one taken away, and hurt by cancer too. I will send all the good thoughts I can your way.

J
JOBU posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2011 10:27 AM

So sorry to hear this, even though we were neighbors for such a sort time at Mojave Oasis you and your wife's friendship and kindness left a lasting impact I will never forget. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

JOBU

Mike- So sorry to hear of this. Condolences to to you and your family.

So saddened to see this. I had followed Mike's thread in Beyond Tiki for the past couple years and always hoped for better news.

Thanks Mike for all your efforts to encourage us to protect ourselves. So sorry for your loss.

T

Mike - Sorry to hear the news...please trust that prayers of love are coming your way from Palmdale.

Condolences and prayers to you and your family Mike. Sorry to hear this :(

R

:( Mike, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family...I'm completely shocked to read this...I was completely unaware of her being sick... Leslie was such a sweet&caring woman, I'm glad I had the chance to meet her at MO...
My thoughts and prayers go out to you all

Mike, I have not checked into TC for a while. I am very sorry for your loss, many prayers and thoughts to you and your family. Best of luck...keep cooking. OGR

TK

MDM, my most profound condolences to you and your family on this horrible thing.

T

Mike, Pat and I offer our best wishes and prayers for you and your family. If there's anything else we can do from across the continent, please let us know.

-Tom

Love and prayers headed your way Mike.

So sorry for your loss. xoxoox

C

The biggest hug to you and your family Mike, sending a ton of Aloha your way.

TM

I remember the last tiki oasis. Our band was on stage and here comes this guy out of the audience, right up to the stage..holds a hand out to me and says "I am mad dog mike, nice to meet you, Lucas!". Despite all the trouble I like to cause...here was someone in front of me that saw through all my bullshit and didn't care!

I pride myself on making fast first impressions of other people...the man exudes warmth and charm. I am so sorry this has happened to him and his family.

Mike, next time we meet, I will be glad because it will give me a chance to return the gesture and hold out MY hand to you, in friendship.

I am praying for you and your family tonight. God will get you through this.

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2011-08-22 17:28 ]

Ohana, thank you so much for all your love and support. Thank you for your kind words posted here and for all your PMs (I will respond to your PMs someday :) )

I'm sorry that more of you didn't get a change to meet Leslie, she was an amazing woman who altered the lives of people who knew her. She was in chemo the last 2 years when I attended Tiki Oasis. She had been feeling great up to the beginning of July, she was so excited about attending her first Oasis to meet some of the great and crazy people of TC (you can decide which category YOU fit into). Up until last Saturday I thought she might be strong enough to make it to the Thursday Bali Hai.

I am doing OK. For the last 30 years I have been deeply in love with the most wonderful woman in the world and for reasons I don't completely understand, she was deeply in love me. Fortunately, I have no regrets other than that she left too soon. I am an inherently happy person and I will be happy again, it's also what Leslie would have wanted. As the pain fades, the thousands of happy memories will continue to flood to the surface. In the meantime, I find diversion here in TC and am still playing with some clay - I've got a piece almost finished that I will post later.

Again, thank you.
Love - Mike

Be good to yourself and to the ones you love

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-08-22 22:20 ]

B

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear the news. I never met Leslie, but if she was married to you she must have been really something. Stay strong, my friend.

Aloha,

Bowie

That was a beautiful message Mike. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wow. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and words.

I cannot express enough my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am truly sorry for your pain and loss.

Condolences,

Psycho Tiki D

PM, love, Wendy and Dan

E

Just heard of your loss from a friend - so very sorry, Mike.

Mike - I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I am sending you a BIG hug, my friend. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. PM sent with further thoughts. Again, much love, condolences & support. -Andy

Mike, words cannot express how saddened I was to hear of this news. You & your family have my prayers & my deepest sympathies. I remember, awhile back, after seeing a picture of the two of you, I jokingly commented that you & I were both members of the "What's she doing with him?" club. After reading that blog, it is quite clear what she was doing with you. Two wonderful people found each other & spent 30 beautiful years together. Your strength surely helped Leslie through some very awful times.
May God bless you & yours.
Rick

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-08-23 17:10 ]

H

Mike, so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Mike,

I was wondering why I didn't see you at Tiki Oasis.
I am very sorry for you and your family's loss.
My deepest sympathies for you.

Jeff(btd)

I'm sorry to hear this terrible news. She must have been an amazing woman, and i'm glad you got to spend 30 years with her. Stay strong and positive, and hold tight to your happy memories. She was lucky to have you, too.

So very sorry to hear of your loss.

Mike,

Words cannot express how saddened Lance and I are for your loss. Leslie was a wonderful woman, and your children are a testament to that. May you find comfort in the fact that she lives on through them.
Take it one day at a time, keep playing in the clay, and hang in there. You are in our thoughts.

Sending you a big hug,

Lance & Nancy.

I wish we could be there Saturday for the service Mike, sorry we can't make it.
my thought's will be with you, hang in there and just take it one day at a time.

HT

I am very sorry for you and your family loss.

Sorry to hear about the bad news, Mike. My thoughts are with you.

Pages: 1 45 replies