Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Fong's Pizza, De Moines, IA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 9 replies

D

Name:Fong's Pizza
Type:restaurant
Street:223 4th St.
City:De Moines
State:IA
Zip: 50309
Phone: (515) 323-3333

Description:

http://fongspizza.com/

Oh hell YES! Anyone in Iowa been here yet? Anyone here in Iowa?
I gotta know how's the pizza and MOST importantly how are the drinks?
I'd be sad if it was lame.

Mu Shu Pork Pizza? Crab Rangoon Pizaa? OMG!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki to fix link to tiki drink menu...]

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2011-09-06 10:09 ]

T

OH

MY

GOD

Pizza, Old School Chinese Restaurant AND Tiki bar all rolled into one. Did someone crawl inside my brain and find my pavlovian triggers ?

Amazing.

D

I know...right?!!?

A

Ha ha! One look at the ingredients of those cocktails makes me want to gag. But bless them, they're trying.

Not a good week for tiki/Chinese restaurants. Hong Kong Inn and Mt. Fuji Inn are closing and now Fong's Pizza in Des Moines is closed until further notice because of a water main break.

Effective 11/23, Fong's Pizza will be closed until further notice due to a water main break.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
fongspizza.com

I happened to watch that story a few minutes ago and wondered if the location was posted here.

Here is a screen shot from the cnn video:

I wished I knew about this place when I was there last year for a conference...I remember walking by it downtown.

This picture will be a classic in 30 years. It's from the Fong's Pizza Facebook page.

Oh yeah, you can buy their Tiki Farm designed signature mug on their website.
http://fongspizza.com/schwag

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Jan 10, 2018 10:32 PM

Went to Fong’s last Tuesday night while visiting friends in Des Moines. I’d been to their newer location in Ankeny, but this was my first time at the original one downtown. The decor is Chinese restaurant, not tiki; still, it’s a great, cozy place (especially in subzero weather). The pizzas are inventive and tasty. The drinks were fine. At least there were a lot more rum drinks on the menu than I remember from my first experience. I had the Mai Tai and the Professor Fong, and came home with the mug.

I didn’t take any pictures of the interior, but when I saw this sticker on the way out, I knew I needed a shot for TC:

Pages: 1 9 replies