kctiki posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2003 6:41 AM

He's lookin' kinda sinister there.

Ack! Ack Ack Ack!

Go Shecky, go!!

More! More!

Trader Woody

E

Tikifish,

How 'bout City Hall? That fab 60s Po-Mo architecture...or when it's built in the 60s is it just "Mo"?

emspace

T

Your wish is my command. I take requests!

Stay tuned for more adventures of Shecky!

How brave! Out in the open air with no mask on Shecky! Those pics are hilarious. Can you pose him on a discarded mattress so I can have some nice desktop wallpaper?

Or how about Shecky molesting a statue?
But I don't think I'd risk Shecky "levitation".

T

Purple, which one in this city should it be?

I have a feeling that Shecky is gonna be in the South of France soon!

T

Shecky does his civic duty and pays a cordial visit to Toronto City Hall.

Shecky embraces his consumer side and does a little window shopping at the Eaton Centre.

Tiki410~
Shecky tells me he has plans to visit some local sites after he recovers from Hukilau.

Shecky 119 leaves South Florida Thurday for large concert in Tennesse called "Bonnaroo". 3 days of camping and hippy music may not be where Shecky is normally found but really it is only in preperation for The Hulilau which Shecky 119 will of course also be attending. Pictures will be provided if camera and McDougall both make home in a few large pieces. Shecky 119 is currentely enjoying an icy cold Gimlet in preparation of preperation for Trip.

T

It is good to hear Shecky will soon be visiting other locales. COme on, folks, get out there with your camera and your Shecky! Sure, people stare at you like you're nuts, but it's part of the fun!

T

Whoa, I just sounded like a cheerleading camp counsellor there for a minute. Many apologies.

H

Shecky went to hear Selector Lopaka spin Exotica tunes last night. He requested "Hula Blues" because he knows Inky likes that song. Here he is embracing his femme side, and that's Selector Lopaka in the background:

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-06-11 09:13 ]

P

Humuhumu, that photo turned out great ! Shecky will be taking in some more Seattle sights sometime this weekend...

Shecky will soon be going to the Glastonbury festival. While everyone else will be taking huge amounts of class A to C drugs, Shecky will only allow rum-based drinks to pass his rim.

Wish him luck!

Trader Woody

Woody~
If you get a picture of Shecky with Julian Cope, you will be my idol.

Woody, can you get a photo of Shecky at Buckingham Palace, or with the pigeons at Trafalgar Square?

Purple Jade - I'll do my best! (Just read Head-On/Repossed, by the way. I particularly enjoyed JC's tale of how he took so much acid he thought he'd become a city centre.... woah!)

Fartsatune - Damn, I was in London just days ago, but will be back again in a few weeks. Shecky will be there.

Trader Woody

I didn't read it but I remember an excerpt about a package of mini-marshmallows on a road trip through the Mojave Desert I think?
And I remember a tale from back in the day when he mistook a shower for a loo. In a number two kind of way. Yuck. And now he just looks like a bad trip.

J

I'm actually pretty thrilled with the traveling Shecky idea and hope to get some pictures of our little green friend this weekend (if it stops raining). I do have two Shecky's and was trolling for a trade.

HOWEVER, HERE IS A REAL CHALLENGE FOR YOU:

Can you get a picture of someone famous drinking from Shecky.

I don't know anyone famous, I don't know where I would run into someone famous, and if I did, I don't know how I would ask them if I could take their picture while they were drinking from our little green friend.

BUT THIS HAS BEEN MY OBSESSION since the traveling Shecky idea was introduced.

You know - Hillary is on a book tour; but I get this image in my head of Secret Service agents beating me senseless, and worse, breaking Shecky, as I approach the former first mrs. with my little green friend.

M

And Sven/JT/Shag/Otto/Kukulele/C'Al do NOT count as famous for purposes of this experiment!

(not even the famous Mr. Smiley!)

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-06-12 12:03 ]

E

On 2003-06-10 18:22, tikifish wrote:
Shecky does his civic duty and pays a cordial visit to Toronto City Hall.

Thanx tikifish!!! It's a keeper!

aloha,
emspace

Shecky gets his travel on...

On 2003-06-12 10:21, jtiki wrote:

Good idea - fingers crossed that someone will.

BTW, wasn't there a picture of a minor celebrity holding a Tiki Bob some time ago?

Trader Woody

S

Tiki-bot, you just made my day!

Mahalo!

Thanks for the wallpaper Tiki-Bot! Now I have my own impossible view.

I love the traveling Shecky idea! Thanks for the pix!

Rumor has it that Shecky will be making a trip to Prague this summer.

T

I apologize, I was too chicken to take Shecky to France with me lest he got broken... however I did capture a parisian streetmattress, which is almost as good.

MORS TRAVELLING SHECKY PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!

The San Fran one is priceless.

In the past few weeks, Shecky has been to Glastonbury Festival where he caught The Flaming Lips, Radiohead, plus a whole bunch more; much of the time filled with strong Somerset cider. Sadly no pics exist of this happy event as I broke my (luckily cheap) camera. He also went to Amsterdam, Holland where he went through the X-ray machine at the airport (causing much furrowing of brows from security). His highlight was a trip to a Hell's Angels bar in the red light district. Pics to follow....

Trader Woody

R

Hey Fish and gang--

I'm a latecomer to TC, didn't get here in time to get my very own Shecky. Anyone have an extra they'd be willing to sell/trade? I know these aren't supposed to be used for profit, so consider me a charity case!

Shecky doesn't seem to have been out and about much recently, so here he is at Clitheroe Castle, the UK's smallest castle. (Which happens to be 2 minutes from my new house, so he's not really travelled too far this time).

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-04-15 07:50 ]

Trader Woody, thanks for resurrecting this old thread. I didn't even know it existed. I'll have to bring Shecky with my on some adventures. Maybe he'll like karaoke!

Nice Work Trader W. I have been wonderin how 'ol Shecky was gettin along lately. May his summer travels be lively.
Cheers,
Chongolio

T

To make sure that Shecky #33 takes care of his traveling itch his is taking us out to the Carribbean next week. We are hitting Key West, Cozumel, Grand Caymans, and the Bahamas. As this well traveled little green rascal aways has a camera around I'm sure he will con us into catching him in many compromising activities. Will post soon.

Tiki Ciao
(Best food for all growing little tikis)

Trustar

T

Well, Shecky has gotten around lately! He decided to go to Easter island, where he proceeded to herd himself a moai into a holding pen. (To keep him from walking away)

The moai proved to be friendly, and took little Shecky in hand:

Here's a closeup of the two new friends together:

Ain't love grand!

T

Whoa! Awesome Shecky pix! Keep them coming!

Nice one Tikigreg! You're a brave man taking Shecky that far from home.

Remember folks that as Tiki Centralites span the globe, even your hometown can seem incredibly exotic, so just get Shecky out to a local bar or something rather than let him live out life in the basement.

Trader Woody

S

Nice one, TG!

B

I think we should come up with a Foam "crash proof" Shecky, for those of us who didnt get in on the action, and for those who can't be trusted with breakables.coughPoly Popcough

*On 2003-06-12 10:21, jtiki wrote:*HOWEVER, HERE IS A REAL CHALLENGE FOR YOU:

I don't know anyone famous, I don't know where I would run into someone famous, and if I did, I don't know how I would ask them if I could take their picture while they were drinking from our little green friend.
D*mmit! (I just saw this thread for the firast time, too.) ANOTHER reason for "Why I Deserve Your Shecky for Trade" the next time one comes up: had I had one in the past, I could have gotten COUNTless celebs (and I don't mean just B or C-list) drinking with my would-be Shecky!! And I travel all over the place, all the time; in fact, I missed this thread the first time because I was in Spain.

Yes, had I not be Shecky-less in the past, I could have photographed Spanish Shecky running with the bulls in Pamplona! Diva Shecky debuting onstage at Carnegie Hall! Elvis-Impersonator Shecky at Graceland! Scottish Shecky looking for the Loch Ness monster! Slavic Shecky in the Czech Republic! And of course, Texan Shecky at the Alamo.

Sell/trade me your spare Shecky, PLEEEEEZE!!

DZ

On 2004-04-22 16:05, Formikahini wrote:

Scottish Shecky looking for the Loch Ness monster!

I've actually got one of those!! Z-Girl and I were all over Ireland & Scotland last summer and I took dozens of pix of our beloved Shecky in just about every place we visited (yes, including Loch Ness).

Unfortunately, all the pictures are currently trapped in my old P.O.S. computer that for whatever reason refuses to cooperate and give them up. I would have posted them long ago, but I've been battling that heap of junk for a while now, but as soon as I can pry them out of it's cold mechanical fingers, I'll post'em, 'cause they came out great!

I'm having trouble feeling sorry for you Formikahini. Poor baby didn't have a Shecky when she traveled all over the world having fun and seeing all these beautiful places most of us will never have the chance to visit.
I'm just jealous, I will probably never see these places you speek of nor do I have a Shecky!
Wow I feel empty all the sudden. LOL

Flounder - While you can paint like a demon, all of us travellers indulge in scoping out new Tiki Places as we've little or no real skills. It's all relative and we all wish we could do the things we can't.....

Saying that, you've a place you can crash out in England (free) if you can get the airfare together. It can't be too much from Florida to Manchester, UK?

Trader Woody

On 2004-04-22 17:37, Trader Woody wrote:
Flounder - While you can paint like a demon, all of us travellers indulge in scoping out new Tiki Places as we've little or no real skills. It's all relative and we all wish we could do the things we can't.....

Saying that, you've a place you can crash out in England (free) if you can get the airfare together. It can't be too much from Florida to Manchester, UK?

Trader Woody

I may take you up on that some day, and your welcome to my home as well.

*On 2004-04-22 17:11, FLOUNDERart wrote:*I'm having trouble feeling sorry for you Formikahini. Poor baby didn't have a Shecky when she traveled all over the world having fun and seeing all these beautiful places most of us will never have the chance to visit.
I'm just jealous, I will probably never see these places you speek of nor do I have a Shecky!
Wow I feel empty all the sudden. LOL
Ha ha! Yeah, boo hoo for me, huh! But as the Woodmeister says, at least you can paint yourself an eerily lifelike Shecky. I can only dream...

Ya gotta admit, it WOULD be great to see our little green friend on Calle Estafeta, grinning his unforgettable grin as behind him, 6 mad-as-hell bulls and 8 stampeding steers are crashing into white-and-red clad drunk, adrenyline-pumped Spaniards and tourists.

Pages: 1 2 69 replies