Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Adventures of Shecky, the Green Globetrotter

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

This ones for you Formikahini.

WARNING: This is not a true Shecky photo. No Shecky's were hurt in the making.

TB

Thats a great pic FLOUNDERart!

HA HA HA!!! That is PERfect, FLOUNDERart!

NOW we know what his "Oh SH*T!" grin/grimace might be all about!!

It's good to know no horns were rammed into his backside. Wonder how fast that little guy can run?

Here is a shot of Shecky, Bill Tapia and I havin a blast at Uke-Fest West. At 96 Bill is still a firecracker, a great guy and an amazing musician who can still wow the crowd with his music and charm.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-27 14:56 ]

V

Boohoo....I want a Shecky too so i could take him Tahiti and the Marquesas next month so he could have lots of friends...
Why don't I have one ??? Why wasn't I awake when he was being sold ??
Munktiki, please, make one more for me !!

On 2004-04-27 15:27, virani wrote:
Boohoo....I want a Shecky too so i could take him Tahiti and the Marquesas next month so he could have lots of friends...
Why don't I have one ??? Why wasn't I awake when he was being sold ??
Munktiki, please, make one more for me !!

And me, I wanna take him to Hawaii and to London to meet a Beefeater.

T

Shecky has gone white trash! I recently ran into Shecky on my trip to Dollywood, in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!

Unfortunately, Dolly couldn't make it to the scheduled Shecky meet-n-greet.....

T
TNTiki posted on Fri, Aug 6, 2004 4:52 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:44 ]

Has Shecky been anywhere recently? He's been pretty quiet for a while. He accompanied me to Venice in December, but I dropped my camera outside the Doges Palace before I got a chance to take a photo. Hmm........when he came over to Amsterdam the camera broke, and when he came to Glastonbury festival, the camera broke.......Shecky....must.......be........appeased....

Trader Woody

T

I think he's been taken into custody for suspicious travel to various countries.

S

Nope, he was last sighted relaxing at Humphrey's in San Diego-

Some of Shecky #60's sporatic postcards from the travels with us can be found in a Gallery on my page- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Wheres-Shecky

Stay tuned, as something special may be coming soon, same Shecky time, same Shecky channel... .

[ Edited by: Sabina 2005-10-03 10:22 ]

S
Sabina posted on Fri, Jul 1, 2005 4:25 AM

Shecky #60 has made the pilgrimage!

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense... but the journey was sooooo worth it!

We spent an afternoon in Monterey taking Shecky #60 to 'meet his makers' and found Paul and Stuckie are as amazing and kind in person as they are via web order :) If I was in awe from afar, I'm now gaagaa!

Shecky had a fantastic time too- and met a surprise friend-

someone without a number, a sneaky Shecky, known only as "Demo"!

Click on the 4th album ("Shecky #60 visits home...") in Shecky's travel gallery to meet Shecky's friend!

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Wheres-Shecky

[ Edited by: Sabina 2005-10-03 10:03 ]

[ Edited by: Sabina 2005-10-03 10:05 ]

M

Ask Unga Bunga about his new mug prototype called "Shreky"?

Unga,

you got any pics of this wonderful new design?

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jul 1, 2005 9:46 AM

Interesting, so Shecky Demo looks to be more green? Which would be wierd cause that would make your the brown one. There is a picture of the new brain in the background that came out today.

S
Sabina posted on Sun, Jul 3, 2005 2:18 AM

"Demo" was apparently an early glaze color test, mine is indeed, much browner.

What about other folks's Sheckys, are they more towards the brownish or greener end of the color spectrum?

I'm going to Cancun next month anyone willing to let me take their shecky along ? I'll pay his way and make sure you stays out of a mexican prison . I promise ! but if he doesn't return he's in prison not at my house I swear . Or nobody else bid on the one on ebay and I can have him all to myself please!!!! he told me he really wants to drink in cancun

S
Sabina posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 1:54 AM

A recent Shecky sighting- at Tiki Bob's in San Francisco-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Shecky-at-Tiki-Bob

T

Arrrrgh!

I have no Shecky!

What is wrong with me? Now that Humu's Ooga Mooga site is up, I'm realizing that as a addicted member of Tiki Central, I really should have gotten a Shecky when they were cheap and plentiful! My fault entirely.... That's what I get for waiting!

Anyone out there wanna take pity on me and my pitiful mug collection?

S

Tikis and Aliens?

Yup- we have the photographic evidence in hand!

As a very special spooky October treat, I've just added a long lost episode in Shecky's travels.

Shecky once starred in an X-files episode, unfortunately, by the time the episode aired poor Shecky was left on the cutting room floor. But that's Ok, because the truth is out there...

Shecky pays a visit to Agent Scully's apartment-

just click on the last album- "Shecky at Agent Scully's Apartment, Vancouver" from this page-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Wheres-Shecky

OL

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2006-06-20 13:37 ]

I recently found some old photos of Shecky in Amsterdam, so I scanned them in and here they are. Sorry about the quality - they were taken back when we used film!

First two are Shecky in 'The Other Place' - a Hell's Angels owned hangout.

I just noticed Shecky is next to a sign for joints - 4 Euro a pop!

The other one was taken in an old Dutch Gin joint. I remember taking it because I thought it was incredible how much the dad looked to his two sons.

Anyway, these days Shecky is too much of a celebrity to be seen out much. His handlers seem to want to wrap him in cotton wool. I'd like to think that he sometimes gets the chance to slip out past his minders and enjoy himself like he did in the old days.....

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody 2009-10-20 02:13 ]

Pages: 1 2 69 replies