Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

"Holy Hell It's (already) The Holidays!" Swap 2011 - POST PICS OF YOUR SWAPS

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies

Finally took pix of my new treasures!

Thank you to Slacks Ferret for this stash of Hawaiian goodness

And another big thank you to Tiki-Atari for this cornucopia of cocktail treats:

I just want to reinterate for the next swap:

If you are sending boxes that contain chipped/cracked/reglued items perhaps these tiki mug swaps are not for you.

Although no one expects to open their box and find a Tiki Bob its still exciting to get a well thought out box that does not look like the bottom of a Goodwill bin.

I have heard from a few people over the past few swaps about receiving boxes that contained such items and it really is a dissapointment.

I like that the swaps are fun and even though we may receive duplicate mugs its all about sending and receiving boxes stuffed full of tiki goodness--
As they say : send what you would like to receive.

I hate having to mention this here but I am hoping this is the last time I have to say anything.

Also Surfalia your box is being shipped today/tomorrow. When you recieve it I am sure you won't mind the slight delay :)

And to whomever sent me my box I am picking it up from the post office this weekend. (and yes I know you know I know who my swapper is but why spoil anyone else's fun??)

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-12-06 10:03 ]

Aloha Folks,

I received my first swap from aloha.taboo today,

Yeah!! a Sqrewed-up Squll! this is very cool because I had this guy on my wish list.

cool, cool, cool...
thank you very much!

Mahalo,
HT

[ Edited by: HelveTiki 2011-12-06 11:44 ]

T

My trade arrived safe & sound last Friday. I received a box full of goodies from "House of Ku" Freddie. If my memory is correct, I was his trader a few years ago.

A bamboo mug from Fisherman's Wharf, Honolulu. A cool vase or pencil holder. A Coco Joe's statue, a little wood tiki. Swizzle sticks from, Tiki Farm, Sahara Dining Lounge, Edmonton & an unknown one. A really neat two sided tiki key chain.

Freddie, Thanks for the great package & Happy Holidays to you too!!
Mike "Tikipops"

T

Got my package last week, but was totally, insanely busy and did not have a chance to post pics until now...

WOW, what a haul! Mucho mahalos to Tiki Shaker... it was an endless box of tiki treasure!

Here's the whole package:

And some of the highlights:

A mug from Daytona's Hawaiian Inn, a huge volcano bowl, an ashtray from the Lanai in San Matteo, matches from The Outrigger, The Luau, Kelbos Fairfax, and (non-tiki, but cool none the less) Pie King in Arcadia.

Ephemera and cordials!

A box of vintage Jaquin's liqueurs (and I cannot tell a lie... one was cherry flavored, in a George Washington shaped bottle!), two small vintage magazines packed with cool graphics and great cocktail recipes, and Puerto Rican Rumsters, awesome little cut out figures used for decorating cocktail glasses (and as I'm typing this, I just realized there's rum recipes on the backs of those, too!)

Plus paper parasols, a vintage fish-shaped bottle opener, a tiki candle, swizzles, candy canes, Christmas party straws, and interspersed among the packing popcorn- snowflakes, ornaments, and tinsel, making the whole package like a snowbank packed with tropical treats!

...and a paper lantern with a festive holiday greeting from Tiki Shaker... Mahalos again!!!!

HOK

On 2011-12-06 18:35, TikiPops wrote:
My trade arrived safe & sound last Friday. I received a box full of goodies from "House of Ku" Freddie. If my memory is correct, I was his trader a few years ago.

A bamboo mug from Fisherman's Wharf, Honolulu. A cool vase or pencil holder. A Coco Joe's statue, a little wood tiki. Swizzle sticks from, Tiki Farm, Sahara Dining Lounge, Edmonton & an unknown one. A really neat two sided tiki key chain.

Freddie, Thanks for the great package & Happy Holidays to you too!!
Mike "Tikipops"

Ha ha...to the untrained eye... :lol: ...a vase...otherwise...crypto mug (Diamond head)

Aloha, Freddie

G

That is so cool! This swap has had so many cool boxes. I'm out of town for at least another day but my wife told me my box has arrived safe and sound. She is waiting until I get back to open it and would only tell me that it came from a warm island! I can't wait.

gabbahey

Lots of great stuff out there! Thanks again SandraDee for organizing this!!!

PD

both my trades have arrived safe and sound - thanks to both my traders -

I'll post pics tomorrow as soon as the camera is located.

M

Wow, it's awesome to see such great trading and cool goodies!

My package arrived with all kinds of stuff...

A couple neon plastic Tiki Cups, some "Hula Hour" cocktail napkins, Don the Beachcomber swizzles and coasters. A couple old hotel postcards from Kauai which are pretty cool. There is a brochure from the Polynesian Cultural Center which seems pretty old.

The mug is the standard KC Hawaii Mug.

Thanks Klockwork! Merry Christmas!

My package arrived from TikiPops. Will post pix later. Mahalo!

T

Thanx for all the goodies Cloesettiki!. I love everything but especially love the Luau matchbook and the dog toy. Happy Holidays

G

All I can say is wow!

I got my package from MauiTiki and it is really something. The mug is a Kamalo AP # 5 with a beautiful orange interior and classic tan exterior. This is my first limited modern mug and it is great. I can't wait to give it a proper welcome. The package also included an awesome necklace, great postcards, a Christmas ornament, clip art and a cool local art magazine.

Mahalo MauiTiki!

And check out the Bumatay Christmas ornament in its new home on the Evergleam. It even fit the very strict red/green ornament choice I went with this year. I noticed these are still available on his website :wink:

gabbahey

S

What an intro to Tiki Central swapping! Tobunga, thanks for the amazing box of goodies!!

Here's the lot of it. Time to play spot the mug:

There it is! The new tiki farm "Midnight Rise of the Tikis"! I've been eyeing this one for for awhile.

And a Trader Morts' pendant made by the man himself:

A Tonga Hut glass; Tiki Caliente 2 & 3, and Mojave Oasis "poolside tiki mugs":

And close-ups of the many postcards, fliers, matchbooks, magnets, buttons, coasters, a tonga hut bottle opener and a tiki ti flashlight, not to mention a Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary #20/50 print again, made by the man himself!:

Eric, thanks again for the amazing box! SandraDee, thanks for making it happen!

T

On 2011-12-04 19:38, Tiki-Atari wrote:
Also = love that Aloha Hawaii stamped piece of cloth...what's the story there?

Pretty sure it is a napkin. I found a few of them and that is what I always thought.

Thanks to Surfalia for my killer package!

Will post my picture tomorrow but wanted to say thanks today!

We got some cool stuff from TikiPops.......

A nice card, Moai salt & pepper set, Surfin Santa ornament for the aluminum tree, Shag stationary, Joe Vitale mug, Mohave Oasis shot mug, matchbooks from the Cathay Hut and Hu Ke Lau, plus postcards from Tiki Gardens and the Kon Tiki. We had none of these items so it was a great swap! Happy Holidays.

Thanks again Surfalia!

Kontiki mug and rocks glass (didn't have)
One of those tiki shot glasses (didn't have)
Hawaii mug
Frankie's Tiki Room swizzles/picks (what's a swizzle without Moss's head to chew on??)

TO 9 program, Hula Girls CD, Tiki Farm collecting book, postcards

Thanks very much for these additions to my collection!

Bongofury,

Happy to see that all of your items arrived safe & that they items you didn't have.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday Season

Mike & Karen
TikiPops

SandraDee thanks for doing the swap- you're the best!

M

zazzAroo, I got my box, too!
Lots of great stuff from Pittsburgh Pauly-The Pittsburgh Lik Lounge mug (ZAZZ!), a Coco Joe beach boy, tons of swizzles, lots of vintage Vegas stuff, buckets of Trader Vics stuff (including the Dubai flyer-my first Foreign Vic item (hard to believe!), a weird Trader Vic trangular spear stick (from Dubai?), Polynesian menus (Inky is REALLY gonna love these!), sea shells, woven bag and a NOS four bowl Hawaiian snack set! Thanks so much, PP. Glad you remembered that I couldn't get your local mug. zazz , Zazz and ZAZZ!

Aloha Folks,
My package arrived from Pikeys Dog,

• a vintage orchids of hawaii mug,
  • easter island egg from the rapa nui birdman cult :)
  • vintage rum coasters, matchbooks, swizzles and chocolate...

thanks Joe, very cool stuff !

mahalo,
HT

On 2011-12-12 20:32, mrsmiley wrote:
zazzAroo, I got my box, too!
Lots of great stuff from Pittsburgh Pauly-The Pittsburgh Lik Lounge mug (ZAZZ!), a Coco Joe beach boy, tons of swizzles, lots of vintage Vegas stuff, buckets of Trader Vics stuff (including the Dubai flyer-my first Foreign Vic item (hard to believe!), a weird Trader Vic trangular spear stick (from Dubai?), Polynesian menus (Inky is REALLY gonna love these!), sea shells, woven bag and a NOS four bowl Hawaiian snack set! Thanks so much, PP. Glad you remembered that I couldn't get your local mug. zazz , Zazz and ZAZZ!

Mr Smiley, Glad you liked it! and glad that I was able to make up for Tiki Lounge being out of the mug when you were in Pittsburgh. Don't forget, it's the swap that keeps on giving... pm me you t-shirt sizze and I'll send you one of those too!
The odd TV pick is from Dubai. I was there for a few days back in 09, just enough to hit a different Trader Vic's each night!
and you seemed to type to appreciate pins, or is that just pins that say Zazz!?

On 2011-12-13 09:36, HelveTiki wrote:

You got a Bounty Bar!

Lucky swapper, no matter how many fresh coconuts I eat, you just can't get a Bounty Bar here in Thaland, it's the taste of paradise you know!

You got a Bounty Bar!

Lucky swapper, no matter how many fresh coconuts I eat, you just can't get a Bounty Bar here in Thaland, it's the taste of paradise you know!

:) Yep, it is the taste of paradise...
and I can get them here in switzerland.
I send you some if you want.

Mahalo
HT

Ok besides Unkle John is there anyone else waiting for their box that I have NOT posted it has been shipped yet?

Let me know :)

Thanks again SandraDee! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves with this holiday swap. Hope it got everyone in the Christmas spirit!!! Cheers!

...and rounding the corner... it's UNKLE JOHN!!!!

Just after lunch, I got a sheepish knock at my front door by my local mail carrier. He smiled as told me he was sorry for any delay there may have been, I replied that I had a feeling that the holiday mail volume must have been slowing them down. As he handed me the box, I noted that it had "Fra-gi-le" posted on the side "Huh, must be Italian", he nodded and wished me happy holidays as he turned to head back to his vehicle. I quickly ducked into the house to get out of the freezing rain an quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a few pics as I opened the package. I want to give Sandra Dee and big "Thank You" for not just a great package, but for putting together this awesome swap that we have grown to love over the years. She has done a great job taking this project over and keeping up with every swapper time after time. Now, onto the pics!

Man, what a haul! Let's see, I got some bamboo forks, napkins, a canister of mermaid drink markers, decals, two groups of swizzle sticks from Smuggler's Cove and Forbidden Island, a hula girl duster, a mug created by Drew for TikiFarm, A vintage Trader Vic's ashtray (been looking for one!!), a magnet, and a holiday drink book topped with a vintage Santa (I'm sure will get filled up by New Year's eve!).

Thank you very much Sandra Dee, you asked in you note if I was naughty or nice, I was most defiantly nice! I look forward to the next swap (in the spring?)! Mohallo!!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2011-12-19 11:23 ]

Wow I didn't realize I even sent all that :)

I am so very happy that I paid for PRIORITY MAIL and it arrived over a week after--better late than never my friend!

Merry Christmas to you Unkle John!

Ok is everyone accounted for?
No stragglers?

Let me know asap if you are missing your swap-I kind of lost track (oops!)

If Unkle John is the "fat lady" then we can deem this swap done!

So a "tentative" THANKS everyone and Merry Christmas!

Thank you Sandra Dee this was a really fun exchange. Happy Holidays from sunny Elk Grove, CA, Wendy

Anyone up for running a Tax Time swap?
Jonathan

Z

:tiki: :drink:
I would love to see that happen!

...as a participant. I learned my lesson last time.

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-03-24 15:50 ]

So... Whats our time frame..???

Ill set it up tomorrow--but I will happily pass the torch to someone else if they want to take over the next go around. Its a lot of work and I'm short on time these days.

I also am without a computer temporarily so at work tomorrow ill start a new thread. (Why work at work??)

:)

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies