Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dawn Frasier at M Modern Dec. 9, I Want to live there

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

Its official, My M Modern solo show opens Dec. 9, 7-9:30 PM I'll be in Palm Springs for the whole weekend. It would be great to see some friends.
**** I finally dcided on a name for my show, I WANT TO LIVE THERE which is the phrase I here most when people respond to my work. Seems fitting.

message me if you want to go have cocktails or show me your favorite places and I'll send you my shell phone #.

PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE DEC 9__

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-11-21 13:42 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-11-28 18:31 ]

Very cool Dawn! I'm only 90 minutes away, I would like to try to make it.

M
mp posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2011 12:14 AM

Congratulations Dawn! have a great time!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

T

You deserve it girl .

Big congrats Dawn! I love your work and the show is a much deserved honor!

Best of luck and have fun!!!

Congrats Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn, I will try to be there, even if I cannot afford anything - which makes it hard, since I love your work.

Look what I was wearing last week for a CBS interview on Tiki :) :

Thrilled for you, Dawn! Congratulations!

Excited for you Dawn, have a wonderful show! Ill be there!

thank you everyone, more pics soon.

CONGRATS!!! Hope you have a very successful show...and HAPPY HOLIDAYS in The Springs.

Congratulations on the show Dawn! Best of luck!

Thank You everyone. Photgraphing and framing this week. Just herad from Dre, with a slight date change DEC 9, too many conflicting events on the 10th.

T

Congrats Dawn! So exciting! Hope we can make it out there!

Dawn, will you fill us in on details like the time? I can't find anything on the M Modern website

Great title choice,Dawn!

I've asked the gallery to post some info/

Congratulating you Dawn, you deserve all good things!! Wow!

I'm so happy for you Dawn! I've believed in you and your fantastic art since I "found" you years ago, and now you're gonna be Famous! I knew it all along! Congrats! :D

O
Otto posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2011 6:01 PM

Dawn, congrats on this big next step in your career!!

Congrats Dawn - You've worked sooo hard and your dedication to your painting and style are a knockout and it shows in all your paintings , patterns and concepts. Your style, palette and series are pleasingly fresh and unique. Big Hug and a big pat on the back!

Congrat's Dawn,
I have been moving homes for the last couple of week with 0 internet service and have been out of the loop about the show.
I look forward to seeing your art here in Palm Springs were it is sure to be appreciated. My good friends (The Rosenow's) own your piece from the last Tiki show and will be exited to meet you.

Let's get the tiki freaks together for a pre and post celebration here in the Springsville.

W

thanks for the nice comments. I hope to get my flight reservations straightened out today so I can get there on the right day! The studio looks like a tornado hit in the frenzy of cutting mats, spray gluing burlap, and framing. I picked the one perfect day to photograph, and am still titling the pieces. ( I'm terrible at that part)
I still say I need an intern!

B

Late to the party as usual! I'm so excited for you Dawn - will we be able to Dim Sum before you go? You will have to tell us ALL about it when you get back. Finally - a great Xmas gift for you!

B

Late to the party as usual! I'm so excited for you Dawn - will we be able to Dim Sum before you go? You will have to tell us ALL about it when you get back. Finally - a great Xmas gift for you!

Just made my reservations to Stay with Ruby at the Coral Sands for the weekend. Im in the Yiddish Cowgirl room. heh!
http://coralsandspalmsprings.com/room-yiddishcg.html

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!! I haven't seen an update on the M Modern Gallary website, from the looks of their website I think they are mostly concerned with selling Shag stuff :) Let us know details soon Dawn.

Mike what more details would you like, I've given the date and time, and location. Did you have a specific piece of info you're looking for?

whoops, I didn't see the time :blush:

OK, see ya there :D

Congrats on your show, Dawn! Wish I could be there to party the night away and gaze upon the splendors. So happy for you! Now to get you that intern... :wink: Have fun and enjoy this, you've worked hard and deserve it so much!
Loves ya! K~

Thanks K! wish I could see you and Chloe.

I should be posting a preview of all the finished pieces any day now. Just waiting for the go-ahead from the gallery.

show anouncement posted on the M Modern website
http://mmodern.com/

I've updated my own website .
http://www.sophista-tiki.com

"Please join us on Friday, December 9th, 2011 from 7:00pm to 10:00 pm at the Opening Reception for "Where I'd Like to Holiday" - a solo exhibition of original paintings by artist DAWN FRASIER.

Dawn is a highly talented painter that is well versed in the subject of Tiki. Although Dawn has shown with us before in group shows (always selling her pieces even before the show opens), this will be her first solo show at M Modern Gallery. These vibrantly colored painting will leave you longing to be where Dawn just painted.

Dawn Frasier will be in attendence to meet and greet you and Complimentary Beverages and Music will be served.

The event is FREE and OPEN to the Public and we can't wait to see you there viewing these amazing pieces in person"

Can't wait to see you Dawn

O
Otto posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2011 7:59 PM

We'll visit PS for Xmas break. Will see the show then

Dawn's exhibit was exciting, they had searchlights blazing across the Palm Springs sky like it was a red carpet premier in Hollywood. They even had a big flaming "M" in the parking lot, I guess Dawn's middle name starts with an "M"? The event was well attended by the locals - some of whom were quite "colorfully" dressed :D Dawn's work was all beautiful and really held it's own against works by Shag, Derek Yaniger, and Dr Seuss.

Thanks Wildsville Man for hosting the very exclusive pre-event cocktails with the Artist of Honor.

THE POLYNESIA, SEATTLE
12' X 24"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

NATATORIUM IN A
12" x 24"
acrylic on masonite
$700

AN ERIE RESPITE
12 "x 16"
acrylic on masonite
$500

CASTAWAY CLIFF
9" x 12"
acrylic on masonite
$300

MISPLACED MOAI
9" x 12"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

VISITORS CENTER IN GLOW
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

CLUBHOUSE BY MOONLIGHT
9" x 11"
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

MY ULTIMATE HOUSE

CANLIS, SEATTLE
acrylic on masonite
SOLD

SECRET SANCTUARY

FAR EAST,.......OF DOWNTOWN
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

TRADER SO AND SO'S
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF CENTURY 21
12" x 16"
watercolor on paper
$500

PEKING LARRYS
9" x 12"
watercolor on paper
$300

COCKTAIL PAVILLION
9" x 12"
watercolor on papaer
$300

THE POLYNESIA INTERPRETATION
9" x 12"
watercolor on paper
$300

IDOL BOOKS AND BOOZE
6" x 9"
watercolor on paper
$175

To inquire about any piece still availible please contact Dre or Monet at M Modern
[email protected] < [email protected]>

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-12-12 10:26 ]

Congrats again Dawn, I had to work last night when will you personally be there again??? Or?..... I'm going! :)

images of the show posted slightly above.
I've had sketchy internet connection here so some information might still be missing.

Here are the pics of the show hanging prior to event.

flower from Mike

I was too busy chatting during event to take pics but several people did including someone associated with the gallery. so I'm sure they will pop up soon.
I would have loved to seen more friends, but I know Friday right after work is hard for a lot of people.
Rory was host extraordinaire, and spent time entertaining me and getting me form a to b. Thank you Rory. Dirk totally rescued me today from hotel isolation and we went for breakfast foods at Elmers and about town on thrifting adventure- best time I had all weekend! And thank you to Dre, Monet and Jay for offering me this awesome opportunity.
It was a learning experience but now I know I have the big gallery potential. I just need a bit more polishing in the presentation department.
easy enough of a fix.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-12-12 16:38 ]

Dawn,
Congratulations on your solo show at such a great gallery. I've been following M since they opened and cannot wait to make the trip over. Your work, as always, is gorgeous. I especially loved the cool blue-greens you used so dramatically on this series of acrylics.

Hopefully when I get my first solo show at a classy gallery Mike will send me an orchid arrangement as well...

Congratulations again...

Peace & blessings,
Jason <

I really do want every one of them! I've got one of Dawn's prints hanging in my lounge, but someday I'm gonna get me an original. Great stuff, Dawn.
Congrats,
Rick

Beautiful pieces Dawn!
Congratulations!
You deserve it after all that hard work and persistence!
BRAVO!

Make sure to buy RuRu something nice with some of your riches!
:)

RuPuShmuMagu is sooOo getting a new collar and leash, and maybe something that squeeks.

It was Great having Dawn in the Palm Springsville area. Her Art fit's perfect with the culture and general feel of a town that respects it's History and try's to keep it alive through the art of there own homes.

also,Dawn is a party animal and couple not be stopped from those crazy RUM drinks.

W

I recognize that hat, Rory!

hahahahahaha that picture is hysterical!

the photos of all your work look awesome. love your art! congrats on the show!
tony

Pages: 1 2 48 replies